NAF Logo
leftstar May 09, 2024 - 07:18 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Ankle! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
stormboyOffline
Post subject: Lizardman team heading into postseason  PostPosted: Sep 03, 2010 - 10:16 AM

and boy do I need help. I am the 8th seed going against the 1st seed and hoping for an underdog finish to the season.

I have 210k for inducements against a wood elf team.

Currently I have 6 saurus (1 block, 1 tackle, 1 break tackle) and 6 skinks (1 ag+1 and sure feet, 1 side step)

I like the idea of a wizard - but elf teams are so dodgy and score so quickly ending one drive seems like a piece of tape on a a broken pipe.

Maybe a start player? But the good ones are out of my price range. I sure could use some advice from people who know the game more than I do.

Thanks.

Reply with quote Back to top
nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject: RE: Lizardman team heading into postseason  PostPosted: Sep 03, 2010 - 02:13 PM
Mekboy

If you want to really annoy your opponent take a bribe(100k) and a mercenary skink (90k) to be your designated fouler. Very Happy

My Tournament Record

nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject: RE: Lizardman team heading into postseason  PostPosted: Sep 03, 2010 - 02:18 PM
Mekboy

Hemlock isn't a bad star player choice against WE, since he's got Stab. (170k)

My Tournament Record

stormboyOffline
Post subject: RE: Lizardman team heading into postseason  PostPosted: Sep 03, 2010 - 04:32 PM

I could go for Helmut Wulf for 110k and a bribe to get him on the pitch twice.

That might take care of my treeman problem....

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: Re: Lizardman team heading into postseason  PostPosted: Sep 11, 2010 - 05:49 AM

Portugal
      stormboy wrote:
and boy do I need help. I am the 8th seed going against the 1st seed and hoping for an underdog finish to the season.

I have 210k for inducements against a wood elf team.

Currently I have 6 saurus (1 block, 1 tackle, 1 break tackle) and 6 skinks (1 ag+1 and sure feet, 1 side step)

I like the idea of a wizard - but elf teams are so dodgy and score so quickly ending one drive seems like a piece of tape on a a broken pipe.

Maybe a start player? But the good ones are out of my price range. I sure could use some advice from people who know the game more than I do.

Thanks.

By the way, how did this go?
What were your choices for inducements?
A.

stormboyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Lizardman team heading into postseason  PostPosted: Oct 12, 2010 - 06:34 PM

So I went with Helmut Wulf and a Bribe - but everything backfired on me. My bride roll failed and Wulf was sent packing with almost zero damage done to the elves. It was a massacre. In the end I had 2 skinks on the pitch and even lost a Saurus to injury.

burgun824Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Lizardman team heading into postseason  PostPosted: Oct 13, 2010 - 07:11 AM

United States of America
      stormboy wrote:
So I went with Helmut Wulf and a Bribe - but everything backfired on me. My bride roll failed and Wulf was sent packing with almost zero damage done to the elves. It was a massacre. In the end I had 2 skinks on the pitch and even lost a Saurus to injury.

The best laid plans of Mice and Men.

This is usually how my Blood bowl matches end up too.

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lizardman team heading into postseason  PostPosted: Oct 13, 2010 - 11:02 AM

Canada
Sounds like some of my games. Star players are so good when they work. But when they fail, it seems to go horribly, horribly wrong and quickly.

Long_BombOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lizardman team heading into postseason  PostPosted: Oct 15, 2010 - 03:08 AM

I know this is a little bit late but against Wood Elves I find a Kroxigor so useful. The prehensile tail reduces there dodge roles to human standards and at strength 5 they can usually tie up two or three elves quite easily and as they come with Loner anyway they are just as good when induced as they are when they are part of your team normally. It also reduces the number of Str 2 players you have on the pitch. If you want to be really nasty you can go for Break Tackle which means they can dodge into a tackle zone on a 2+ to blitz the ball carrier and even if you don't knock him down you still have a Str 5 player that he has to dodge away from at -1. If you manage your block right you can some times pin the ball carrier between the Kroxior and a couple of Saurus, leaving him very few options, just watch out for the hand-off.

On a seperate not I would strongly suggest you take block as you first skill for all Saurus, but I do love Tackle or Break Tackle as a second skill. I would also consider Frenzy and Mighty Blow as second skills as they will help with SPPs from casualties. I have also in the past gone for Guard on a Saurus just so when the inevitable leaping Wardancer jumps into the cage he only gets a one dice block rather that two. I used this twice during the Spiky Open but still ended up with my Skink on the groud both times so it is an option but perhaps not one I will use next time around.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic