NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 08:48 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Hand! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ApocryphaOffline
Post subject: Legendary Edition Pre-Order  PostPosted: Oct 17, 2010 - 01:04 PM

Port Hope Ontario
So I pre-ordered my copy of Legendary Edition yesterday and was quite happy to take advantage of the 30% discount.

Anyone else getting ready for its release later this month?

Reply with quote Back to top
howlinggriffonOffline
Post subject: RE: Legendary Edition Pre-Order  PostPosted: Oct 17, 2010 - 05:18 PM

England
I pre-ordered mine the other day too with the 30% off. I know people complain about it and it will never replace the board game version - but it's good fun and I've enjoyed playing the current version. I bought the PC version, the PSP version and two copies of the DS version for my kids - I'm sure I'll do something similar with the LE version!

Darkson
Post subject: Re: RE: Legendary Edition Pre-Order  PostPosted: Oct 18, 2010 - 12:56 PM

Undisclosed
      howlinggriffon wrote:
I bought the PC version, the PSP version and two copies of the DS version for my kids - I'm sure I'll do something similar with the LE version!

I doubt it - there's only a PC version for LE. Wink

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

ApocryphaOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Legendary Edition Pre-Order  PostPosted: Oct 18, 2010 - 04:10 PM

Port Hope Ontario
      howlinggriffon wrote:
I know people complain about it and it will never replace the board game version - but it's good fun and I've enjoyed playing the current version.

Yeah, I can understand their complaints, but I have at best only 10 people to play against in my local area and they don't even wanna play more than one day every few months. All attempts to start a league have failed so really this PC version is the only way I can get my fix.

jrock56Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Legendary Edition Pre-Order  PostPosted: Oct 18, 2010 - 05:37 PM

Canada
      Apocrypha wrote:
      howlinggriffon wrote:
I know people complain about it and it will never replace the board game version - but it's good fun and I've enjoyed playing the current version.

Yeah, I can understand their complaints, but I have at best only 10 people to play against in my local area and they don't even wanna play more than one day every few months. All attempts to start a league have failed so really this PC version is the only way I can get my fix.

You could always come to one of the several tournaments that are hosted across Ontario and in Montreal. I'm sure you would be more than welcome as we are always looking for new people to come out.

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Legendary Edition Pre-Order  PostPosted: Oct 18, 2010 - 05:38 PM

Canada
Thats ditto for me. We have lots of coaches in the area, and have had leagues in the past, but all have died after only afew short games. The one I am in now is one game a month. So the PC version is the perfect replacement. Really, the current version the closest we are ever going to get to the boardgame in another form. I know it has its glitches, but I for one think they did a remarkable job for a game that has a small niche market.

I got the the 30% LE version as well, figued I was gonna buy it anyways, the discount was just a bonus.

DaggersOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Legendary Edition Pre-Order  PostPosted: Oct 18, 2010 - 05:42 PM

Canada
      Apocrypha wrote:
      howlinggriffon wrote:

You should stop by a tournament someday, even just to say hello. There is one held in Cobourg every year, and as jrock said, we are always looking for fresh meat...I mean new coaches.

If we ever plan on organizing a PC league or tournament, we will let you know if you are interested.

ApocryphaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 19, 2010 - 05:44 PM

Port Hope Ontario
For the most part my schedule always had me working at least part of the weekend and my employer made it really hard to get that part of the weekend off.

Then my schedule went more Monday-Friday and I actually had plans on attending this year's Lakeside Cup till a family function got in the way. I'm a friend of TkKultist who at least did show up and represented our group Wink

I am looking to actually show up to one of these wonderful Canadian tournaments but really it all depends on my weekly case load. Very Happy

punxOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2010 - 08:29 AM

Undisclosed
The Legendary Edition is perfect! Just missing Chaos Dwarves. That's it. Everything else it there! I haven't tried the blitz mode, but they made changes to that too by adding potions to make it a smoother version of the game.

For other platforms, I haven't seen the announced, but BB on DS had really bad graphics. One of the ugliest DS games I saw, although it had a decent gameplay with the touch screen, the UI wasn't there. The PSP version was nicer, but it just took me too long to place my players to receive and kick-off. That was a hassle. PC is definitely the best, but PSP is decent. Don't think it was really successful outside the PC so don't know if it'll be published on other platforms...

As perfect as the video game might be, the multiplayer just isn't the same as the real thing. I have a hard time playing online cause it's a bit impersonal. It's good, but absolutely not a substitute for me!

Gits: Useless therefore essential.
Dwarves: Drunks therefore... well drunk, oh and dangerous.

Blood Bowl - Legendary Edition, Player Name: Punx

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 31, 2010 - 06:23 AM

Undisclosed
If I'd paid the full price, I'd be disappointed. Yes, it is an improvement from BB1, but there are still to many things wrong with it (some of which should have been fixed months ago when they were first reported) for me to find it a "great" game for the money.

As it is, for the cost I paid, I'm loving it!

And there are still no plans for BB:LE on anything other than the PC.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

howlinggriffonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 31, 2010 - 11:51 AM

England
I'll have to stick to playing the BB1 game on my PSP on the commute to work then Sad

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic