NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 04:12 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
She has Very Long Legs, Sure Hands and a Hypnotic Gaze! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GlowwormOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2011 - 05:45 AM

Undisclosed
      Lucy wrote:
Hi Glowworm.

I must admitt that both are not really wheelchair friendly, but if you could remind us on time- shortly before the tourney or at worst during- we can make sure that all your matches are played at ground floor.

Lucy

No problems, its Canteloup that in the wheelchair, as im sure many UK players will know as he attends tournaments here, usually we put him at a table and his opponents come to him, its much easier that way!!

Reply with quote Back to top
Dani112233Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2011 - 11:28 AM

Spain
      Darkson wrote:
I have to disagree - it's good news that more room has been found, but having a 2nd venue that far away from the main venue (especially for so few) is a bad thing. I thought the one thing learnt from the 1st WC was that it was a much better idea to have everyone in one place - really bad for the social side as well.

maybe to have two venues is not the perfect solution.... but if in this way everyone who wants can play the tournament, i preffer it so much over to have only one venue but with people out of the event!!

so, IMO, great news!!! good job, guys!!

RoddersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2011 - 06:35 AM

Undisclosed

Unfortunatly due to some unforseen circumstances Lowsman2 has had todrop out of the Carrot Crunch Allstars please add ronnie (currently registered as a single) in his place

southern UK RTC

I voted

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2011 - 09:28 AM

United States of America
so who sits at the "kiddy table", the top 4 teams should. It would add injury to insult to have the bottom 4 do it. (Make the "french" sit at the "kiddy table" I don't like "french" anyway)

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2011 - 12:06 PM

Undisclosed
Exactly - teams that spent most (all!) of their time in the "other" venue during WC1 seemed a bit left out on the social side at times (I spent most of the time reffing there). There was a round of applause for Team USA when they managed to leave the White Hart for round 9 (the only time iirc).

And just for 24? Maybe for 100+ I could understand, but 24 players (4 teams) seems a bit daft.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2011 - 12:16 PM

Undisclosed
And 15 mins away - measured by what means of transport?

Walking? What if it's raining?

As I said earlier, people moaned about the 5 minute walk between the White Hart and GW at the last WC, especially if they/their team yo-yoed between venues.

SebcoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2011 - 01:22 PM

France
      Dani112233 wrote:

maybe to have two venues is not the perfect solution.... but if in this way everyone who wants can play the tournament, i preffer it so much over to have only one venue but with people out of the event!!

so, IMO, great news!!! good job, guys!!

I totally agree with you and, so, disagree with Darkson. In french, we say : "entre deux maux il faut savoir choisir le moindre". Well, -between two mals you have to chose the least- or something like that. Wink

Bowl des Neiges XIX : 2022 february 26th & 27th

KithorOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2011 - 01:24 PM

Switzerland
I share Darkson's opinion. A 2nd venue for 24 people is something "uncomfortable". A 15 min walk also looks like some bigger breaks between the rounds as the participants are in rush to change between the venue if they had to. And in some discomfort they have to change for the next round again if they win/loose the following roud.
This can end in some exercise Wink

(I also thought that one of the main point to select the venue out of the 3 options was to host the WC II at one location due the experiences from WC I...)

SebcoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2011 - 01:54 PM

France
You both are in teams which yet know they will attend the WC. What would you think if you were waiting for the 2nd draw ?

4 teams more is something important. We will know exactly what it means in a few weeks but at the moment it seems it can divide by two the number of refused coachs.

(and to be clear, I really understand what you mean, it would be better for coachs and more simple for organizers with everybody in the same place... but, well, there's no ideal solution now, only a choice to be done)

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 03:11 AM

Undisclosed
I'd feel exactly the same - I had to deal with the dual location at WC1, and don't want to have to deal with it again (and with me in the team, we could be spending a lot of time ear the bottom Embarassed ).

SebcoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 04:41 AM

France
World Cup is only once every four years. In theory, I have no problems with that. But if I miss this one, I will have waited 8 years between WC I and WC III... At the moment, 2nd draw haven't been made and I could have the chance to attend even without the 4 more teams slots in the bar but I clearly prefer to have twice more chances to come even if I will sometimes walk and/or wait a bit more.

Come'on Darkson, only 4 teams on 78 will be in the bar, you shouldn't play your 9 games in ! Wink

(and, seeing your signature, if you want to be Louis X butcher, you should accept to give him also twice more chances to attend!)

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 05:55 AM

Undisclosed
Only 4 teams is worse than what we had in WC1 - if we have to have split locations, at least get a decent amount.

Sebco wrote:
Come'on Darkson, only 4 teams on 78 will be in the bar, you shouldn't play your 9 games in ! Wink

Just games #2 and #3 (singles), then 5-9 (once I drag the team down). Wink

Dani112233Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 06:01 AM

Spain
      Darkson wrote:
I'd feel exactly the same - I had to deal with the dual location at WC1, and don't want to have to deal with it again (and with me in the team, we could be spending a lot of time ear the bottom Embarassed ).

do you preffer 24 coaches less in the tournament, then?? i understand that the second venue it's unconfortable, but it allows more people playing the WC. i really don´t want that some of my friends have to miss the event...

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 07:05 AM

Undisclosed
      Dani112233 wrote:
do you preffer 24 coaches less in the tournament, then?? i understand that the second venue it's unconfortable, but it allows more people playing the WC. i really don´t want that some of my friends have to miss the event...

Yes. I thought one of the criteria for having WCII was to avoid the dual-location scenarion that WC1 had.

But...

If there has to be 2 locations, make it worthwhile (10+ teams). 24 is pathetic (sorry, but it is), and teams there are going to be feeling left out, especially if they spend a lot of time there.

It's also a pain in terms of results, as the results will need to be shuttled back and forth. Don't just think about the teams moving (the "extra 1/2 hour between rounds" argument used above), the teams can't move until they know where they're going, and they won't know that until the results have been transported, entered and the next round sorted.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 - 09:31 AM

daloonieshaman wrote:
so who sits at the "kiddy table", the top 4 teams should. It would add injury to insult to have the bottom 4 do it. (Make the "french" sit at the "kiddy table" I don't like "french" anyway)

Actually that would be fair (cause last time it was the opposite).

And that's totally in the spirit of WC: for fun ! If you dont want to be isolated, dont win Very Happy

And like that, everybody will have the pleasure of hearing DarkOrk (Tom - USA, wont be in the first 4 table Very Happy) swearing, which is a privilege !

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic