NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 29, 2024 - 01:59 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The BBRC is watching you. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: WC 3  PostPosted: Jan 09, 2011 - 12:15 PM

United States of America
As far as WC 2, I think they are doing the best that they can, and I am sure they have run awesome events in the past.
I hope they learn from the mistakes they have already made and will make in the next 10 months.
We (myself included) can criticize them all we want it will do no good for this 2011 event.

Time to move forward.

All we can hope for is that they totally redesign the process for the next WC.
It will be wise if planning for the next WC started January 2nd 2012. This would involve at least 3 reps from each country/area (spread out from across that country /area). Mandate an equal number of reps regardless the number of players in that area. This does not counting the 4 Staff (Prez or VPrez (but not both as they have other duties), TD, Asst TD, Treasurer). The committee will also utilize the unlimited number of resourceful members of the community.

Comettee Organization & Duties.

Prez/VPrez:
Manage proceedings. Cannot vote, unless tie breaker needed. Lead do not create.

TD:
The BOSS (hence the title TD). Verifies votes, MUST vote first. Signs contract, controls final decision on prizes/prize categories. Runs the event.

ATD:
Assist TD in any way shape and form. Normal vote

Treasurer:
Advises the committee on money stuff. Responsible for registration. Cannot vote.

Country Reps: 1 vote each rep. They vote as a country block.

Each country/area has (decided upon) responsibilities before, during and after the event.

I hope this does not fall on deaf ears, that will not benefit themselves nor the community.

Reply with quote Back to top
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: WC 3  PostPosted: Jan 10, 2011 - 08:39 AM

Canada
I think this dicussion can comfortably wait until the WCII has finished is underway.

Particularly as the event will allow people to talk face to face rather than on a message board with massive missunderstanding potential.

Lessons are always learned from the doing and the doing bit for WCII has barely started Smile

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic