NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 25, 2024 - 01:17 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fly little halfling, Fly rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PakoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2011 - 07:30 AM

Spain
Hello all.

Just to note that today, five months before NAF WC II some (if not, many) teams here in Spain had at least one member out WC due to different reasons.

I don't know the numbers, I am just waiting for the final member composition of the spanish (and other) teams to make a comparsion between WCI and II. In terms of proportion, BTW.

My sense is that after a successful NAF WCI many people wanted to come, no matter how. This was a reason (IMO) to add of the final oversubscription.

Again, NAF WC organizers did not care about to not adulterate this process (in which people who was not pre-registered is entering now when other pre-registered players are still out). This is another issue to add to a general lack of organization and prevision.

For example:

Giving to the teams the rule that they cannot change more than one registered player. Those teams being pushed down in the registration list. This would make people just registering like crazy if they were making a real team or not, in fact reducing the oversuscription and (probably) giving us the chance to enter in the WCII. To date, I have notice of at least 5 spanish players offering their place.

Second. Giving the teams the rule that any missing player should be reported to organization, giving the organizers the chance to refill teams or join incomplete teams to free slots for teams in the waiting list.

As mentioned above, LBN team wants to play as a team. We join in 1999 and we played many tourneys together. It is simply unfair that people organized teams two weeks before pre-registration (some of them finally with players not coming).

That's why we did not enter in these bussiness. But think about if we started to move along spanish teams maybe we could have a entire team slot for us finally.

It is a pitty that lack of WCII organization make this more difficult. As I mentioned before, probably organizers are very nice people, and there is no doubt that they try to solve problems and improve the WC. But it is also true that many things were simply forget. Things that should be considered when you are organizing the NAF WC. Specially taking into account the massive attendance.

There was no control from the NAF statement other than Amsterdam is a nice place, and 400 people space; nor a clear project from NAF organization. This is just the last mistake (one that was noted before, citations are aviable if you want). I told you that LBN could pre-register 6 different teams no matter the players to improve our chances to go in. This was just an overestimation but, for sure, many teams included "not-so-sure-to-come" players just to fill the team and enter in the lottery.

Instead of pay attention to suggestions, criticisms or comments, you just decided to forget about us because our position was not simply "well done, you handsome guys".

Data is there. Let's see how many of the players pre-registered finally play, and the comparsion with WCI in %. And tell me that it shouldn't be improve.

Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2011 - 02:37 PM

Undisclosed
Si, I have removed this link you posted. C'mon, its not necessary. Pako is allowed a viewpoint, as long as it's not rude etc, then he is allowed his say.

Grum, hence I removed your reply as it would have looked out of place if I left it.

Lycos

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 26, 2011 - 01:21 PM

Undisclosed
Gagged here? Isn't that meant to be where the NAF forum is "better" than TFF (or at least that's what Grum and others have said).

I think the insulting crap Pako keeps posting is a lot worse than what I posted.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

PakoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2011 - 01:55 AM

Spain
I am not crapping anything. Just pointing out organization failures. This is my personal opinion and could be taken intyo account or not. But these issues should be at least consider.

Someone should think about, as Darkson is kissing everyone by all us. Wink

I just pointed out that present rules enhance the "pre-register a team just in case, and then think if you will come or not". Mi thought is that some penalization should be given to teams changing more than one member. One is an accident, two maybe is just bad luck. But this could be also because you have 4 friends commited to come and two people just filling the team to be pre-registered.

Some action(s) in this way could force people to think twice if they will finally come or not. As I said, Spain as an example already had 5-6 member changes. We could fill this gaps. We did not want to. The pitty is that these gaps were "previsible" ones. Some "fear-rules" could give the chance to all us to join the event.

That's it. Take it as bitterness or just as my fucking 50 cent to avoid this problems in future. The only thing that I really hate in this bussiness is not NAF, nor A'dam organizers, nor organization failures. The only thing that I hate is "agree or die" in this community.

Thank you Lycos for allow me to point my thoughts. And please consider this stuff in some way, as it demonstrate to happen.

JoemanjiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 08, 2011 - 01:12 AM

England
I have stopped coming to this forum solely because of Pako. Good job.

DOAOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2011 - 03:04 AM

Another question....
When i roll for the fame, can i have a +2 or not?
Thx

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2011 - 05:26 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Yes, if you double your opponent's gate roll.

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2011 - 06:29 AM

As flings can take a chef and goblins can take bribes, any chance to be allowed to take a babe instead of an apothecary?

Jon

LucyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2011 - 09:13 AM

Undisclosed

I don't think that's a good idea.
Undead coaches could be asking for Igor as well Confused

Let's keep the line where it is now.
Limited extras for flingy teams.

Lucy

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2011 - 09:35 AM

I doubt an undead team would spend 100k for an igor given what they can afford generally anyway. Not that I would have a problem with them taking igor if they wanted.

I'll just have to suffer with an apothecary instead. ;]

Jon

JoeKanoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 13, 2011 - 06:06 AM

Melb Au
the problem for flings is you run out of stuff to spend money on.....im at 990 with a chef included full 16 roster 3 rerolls..well i guess i take some fans, cheerleaders and coaches huh.. ad yes already got the apo.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
TopperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2011 - 06:43 AM

Denmark

Okay have now read the entire thread to find answers on two questions.
Have gotten a answer to one I guess - but is it valid?

1) How is each match up decided? It´s not in the "final rules yet"
      Quote:
We're going to organise Swiss within Swiss.

In a nutshell:
Mooooooooooooost likely we'll get the teamcaptains to pick up the match sheets with 6 matches on it. They then go to the designated tables and can tell who's sitting on which table.
After all 6 matches are finished, the teamcaptain(s) will sign for the results and hand them in.

Lucy

and the other Q (Though it might not belong here I can´t find the answer to it anywhere.)

The Time Schedule for the Tourney how is it?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
LucyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2011 - 07:46 AM

Undisclosed

We'll use Swiss vs Swiss teams.
And then
Swiss vs Swiss players from those teams.

Timetable will most likely be:
1st match: 10:00-12:15
2nd match: 13:30-15:45
3rd match: 16:45-19:00

This might be only for friday and starting an hour earlier on saturday and sunday. We will make sure that all necessary info will be available on time.

In the next couple of weeks, we will have a website running where teamcaptains must post all relevant info about their teams.
A PDF will be available on that website, which we recommend to be downloaded, with information about everything we think people need to know about the tournament, the venues, public transport etc.

Lucy

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2011 - 03:46 PM

United States of America
It would be interesting to allow the 2 captians to pick who plays who and actually let them to make a team decision using smarts and stragety. put a time limit on this say 6 minutes

Lower seed picks first 2 teams (game one of 6 say player 1 (of lower seed) v/s player 5 of higher seed)
alternate matchup selection until all 6 games are chosen

JaMOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2011 - 02:41 PM

I'm fine with either telling me who plays who (swiss pairings) or deciding among the team. That is, because I dont expect to play on the toptables and just want to have fun games and a good time. I hope other teamcaptains think alike.

But I would prefer the swiss system. Because it will probably save time. Just tell me who pLays who, I'm fine with it. Makes for better/easier bookkeeping too.

edit: big fat 'L'

Last edited by JaM on Sep 01, 2011 - 11:20 AM; edited 1 time in total

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic