NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 18, 2024 - 06:20 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
This is Blood Bowl, buddy, anything could happen. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ChouOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2011 - 04:38 AM

Hi,

what about if we do some mix? Each team gets to evaluate their rivals miniatures, giving 6 and 3 points to two teams, and this from rounds 1 to 8. Then in round 9 the judges/organizers could go to check the teams with the highest marks and choose the winner.

just my opinion! in any case, I'd vote for having the artist be present in the WC, one entry per artist and that the team must be playable, this is, it has to be used during the tournament (for instance, I wouldn't choose a diorama over a team)

Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2011 - 05:34 AM

Undisclosed
Could be a bit difficult if one of those high-scoring teams is 15mins away...

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

ChouOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2011 - 07:13 AM

Darkson wrote:
Could be a bit difficult if one of those high-scoring teams is 15mins away...

Argh, I forgot we were having to places to play...then my proposal is not possible

ElyoukeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2011 - 07:23 AM

Undisclosed
actuually it has already be proposed, if the scoring process last only for the first 2 das, their should be no problem for the judges to see all the selected teams in day 3 (even if there are 15 minutes to go to the other spot)

and for the scoring system, i already put my argument stating that 2 paintedteams in the same coach team would be in direct competition for the 6 and 3 points which would not be good i think.

Upcoming French tournaments

PalojiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2011 - 03:06 AM

Hi all, I don´t know what is the best solution to evaluate all the teams in such big event, but I think there are a couple of importants points wich need to be considered:

- An independant cometee should decide, if we let the players vote there is the big risk that they vote to their friends. so the winner is the one with more friends instead the best painted.

- The painter should be there. If you have paid someone else to paint your team, or you are using someone else team...its ok!! no problem with that...but be honest and don´t take a price that don´t deserve. (Some times I have played tournaments with miniatures that are not mine, and I told the organization that they weren´t mine, just in case they were thinking on giving some painting price).

Maybe if the captains propose one of their team teams is a good option to save time to the judges, as they would need to evaluate a much smaller number of teams...

ElyoukeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2011 - 05:49 AM

Undisclosed
those point have already been developped in previous posts (here and there). This post begins to loopback, maybe the organization team have enough elements ? It is a matter of decision now. Guess answer will not fall this week because the payment issue is hot, but Dave, if you can answer/ask/tell anything...

LucyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2011 - 06:16 AM

Undisclosed

You're right Elyoukey, this looked familiar.

If someone has a beautiful point, we're happy to consider it, but at the moment the focus is on other things.
This thread will be used when we'll have a discussion over this.
At the moment we'll most likely use the format which uses teams to give points to two painted teams from their opponents and rate those on their match sheet (preferably secret).
This way it doesn't matter if they play in the main venue or not. All get judged by their opponents.

On sunday, we just have to make sure the painting committee gets a look at all teams eligible at that time. We'll make sure they get to see all teams of course.

Lucy

ElyoukeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2011 - 09:25 AM

Undisclosed
Hi there, kind of threadomancy to up this post and ask what about the painting contect in the World cup 2 ?

is there anything fixed yet ?
we are less than 3 month from the event and i really think that if you want beautifulls minis to show in the contest it is more than time to begin to paint

it would be great to have the rules for the contest now in order to have enough time to paint and convert miniatures and display that will fit with the system (for exemple, no use to spend time on a huge display if it is forbidden in the end)

Upcoming French tournaments

LucyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2011 - 01:56 PM

Undisclosed

We're going to have a painting contest.
Friday and saturday will be used as described above.
Sunday will be used by the committee voting on the best as awarded by the other teams who have judged their opponents.

We'll make sure all captains receive a painting form which must be handed in together with the match results.
Since not all matches will end at the same time, several players have time enough to ensure a fair vote before all 6 matches between two teams have ended.

We might deviate a little, but this will be mostly it.

Lucy

DOAOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 01, 2011 - 05:29 AM

So, how does it runs?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic