NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 03:48 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Nuffle hates you. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LucyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2011 - 05:07 PM

Undisclosed

79 Individual team one
NAF Name: Random NAF Number:11296
NAF Name: Lord_Bojo NAF Number 7539
NAF Name: clamoroso NAF Number:11858
NAF Name: yaugh : NAF Number 15107
NAF Name: buldogr NAF number: 6044
NAF Name: Toblerona NAF Number: 15500

80 Individual team two

NAF Name: Flyingdingle NAF Number: 4244
NAF Name: OneChiquita NAF Number 15384
NAF Name: DrunkenDwarf NAF Number: 7357
NAF Name: Polo64 NAF Number: 17273
NAF Name: Tiamo69 NAF Number: 13759
NAF Name: Sebco : NAF Number 6261

Also determine team name, teamcaptains etc.

Lucy

Reply with quote Back to top
Tiamo69Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2011 - 12:05 PM

UK
      OneChiquita wrote:
So Solomon is playing Wood Elves. I have a preference for Skaven. Where are we on everyone else on Team 2?
& sebco is looking to play 'power' Orcs! Laughing

Hi Chiquita;

1st of all, i'm no 'power gamer', so i won't be looking at playing Wood Elves, Skaven, Dwarves or a tooled up 4BOB/Bltz Orc lineup.

I actually wanted to take Flings to WCII but w/out being able to induce Deeproot & possibly Puggy; you're onto a hiding. Gobz could be fun but you'd just end up playing 9 games of trying to foul all your opponents positionals of the pitch... & where's the fun in that...?

Don't want to bring (F)Undead but am tempted by Necros...
Could play 4 Blitzer + Ogre Human line up
or try hand with either Amazon or Norse ...

Chaos Dwarves, Chaos Pact or even plain Chaos all have possibilities...

so, i'm undecided but looking to have fun primarily & not lose too many matches. My tournament mantra is to try to win more than you lose or at minimum, try to acheive a 2W/2D/2L over a 6 game tournament...

a lot depends upon what the team (players & captain) want from WCII?
I'll play accordingly...

Tiamo69Offline
Post subject: just a suggestion...?  PostPosted: Apr 05, 2011 - 12:10 PM

UK
just a thought that came to me today...

how many individual players (team 1 & team 2) play either Legendary Edition BB or FUMBBL?

we could always set up a 'fun & friendly' mini league to give people the opportunity to get to know one another 'on line' & playing BB before we all meet up in November...?

Chiquita appreciate it may be hard to link up with you on line but, i'm sure if peeps wanted to, we could schedule things & make this work...

Also, lets put heads together over accommodation, as per my earlier thread, we should eat, play & drink as a team! Laughing

SebcoOffline
Post subject: RE: just a suggestion...?  PostPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 04:17 AM

France
I own Legendary edition BB (I got it as a BB tabletop tournament prize) but my computer seems to be too old and I can't play with it. That said, I could play on FUMBBL I suppose. Why not?

Concerning your roster choice, I personnaly don't mind if you play a weak roster. By the way, our team won't win the tournament! Wink

And I want to let you know that I have almost all the existing teams painted (I only don't have Underworld and Chaos Pact ones but can mix minis from my other teams to set them) and can lend them to you (or any other coach from our team) if you want (in case the problem of not having the painted minis could stop you to play this or that roster).

Bowl des Neiges XIX : 2022 february 26th & 27th

Tiamo69Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 05:35 AM

UK
Merci Sebco

I can actually field around 18 races myself too... Laughing

the Skaven & Dark Elves aren't painted yet, but would be by the time WCII comes around; however, i wouldn't bring Skaven & Darkies, although fun, don't really appeal (i've got a big hangup over AG4 players!!!).

with the skill selection before G1, G4 & G7 (inc possibility of 2 doubles before G4 & G7); i'm very tempted to bring Pact to the Party...

alternativley, as WCII is in Holland, i'm also tempted to field my 'claret & blue' Human Team 'Damn Rotten Villains' in memory of my football teams greatest ever acheivement, back in Rotterdam in 1982!

just like Villa did against Bayern, we might cause the occassional upset! Very Happy

OneChiquitaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 01:05 PM

United States of America
My only goal is to not be field cleared so I'm glad to hear that we're not going to be a team of crazed power gamers.

I have never played on FUMBBL. I need to take a look at it...

Glad to see some team mates on here chatting it up.

I had to book my hotel because of the horrible US $/Euro exchange rate so I'm staying at:
Avenue Hotel
Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 33
Amsterdam 1012 RD
Netherlands

Has anyone else booked yet?

Tiamo69Offline
Post subject: Re: Individual Registrations  PostPosted: Apr 07, 2011 - 07:00 AM

UK
Not booked any accommadation yet.

Want something cheap & cheerful, near venue & preferably my team mates!

Was thinking of staying w group at Hostel (thereby securing a whole Dorm) or getting an Appartment?

SebcoOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Individual Registrations  PostPosted: Apr 15, 2011 - 10:34 AM

France
Concerning accomodation, I'm finally in a flat rented with some French and Swiss mates. So it won't be possible for me to choose a team group solution. Sorry.

That said, it will be possible to have team group evenings (talking about Villa and Bayern... Very Happy ) and to reach our different accomodations late in the night! Wink

xkobiexOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: just a suggestion...?  PostPosted: Apr 15, 2011 - 10:45 AM

Sebco wrote:
I own Legendary edition BB (I got it as a BB tabletop tournament prize) but my computer seems to be too old and I can't play with it. That said, I could play on FUMBBL I suppose. Why not?

Concerning your roster choice, I personnaly don't mind if you play a weak roster. By the way, our team won't win the tournament! Wink

And I want to let you know that I have almost all the existing teams painted (I only don't have Underworld and Chaos Pact ones but can mix minis from my other teams to set them) and can lend them to you (or any other coach from our team) if you want (in case the problem of not having the painted minis could stop you to play this or that roster).

Tip from a new Blood Bowl player. I have always liked the game but never found a local group. So, I bought Cyanide's game. It was giving me the same issues as you on my 10 year old PC. Although my video card does not meet the minimum, I was finally able to go into the options and set everything to minimum. Make sure you also set the sync rate to 60 Hz or you will get a lock-up. I can now play the Turn by Turn mode, at least. That is all I wanted it for, anyway. My Mac is way newer and as soon as I get a dual-boot on it, I will try the real-time mode.

speederOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: just a suggestion...?  PostPosted: May 04, 2011 - 03:10 PM

France
Hello everybody Smile

i will replace yaugh to the worldcup in amsterdam !!!

i'm so happy !

i will read all the posts before to know you better and i will say you who i am in a few words

see you later

so happy ! so happy !

Smile

Association: http://euskal-turnover.forumactif.net/forum

Web: http://www.francobowl.net/forum/index.php

SebcoOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: just a suggestion...?  PostPosted: May 05, 2011 - 05:17 AM

France
Hi Speeder!

Welcome in the individuals teams ! Wink

Do you know Polo64? Isn't he from the same league than you (Euskal Turnover)? If yes, could you tell him to also visit this topic (to tell us what roster he would want to play, etc...). Thanks in advance.

DrunkenDwarfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 05, 2011 - 07:23 AM

Netherlands
Drunkendwarf checking in (team 2).

I'm certainly no powergamer and just joined a league to get some more experience. I hope my other teammembers aren't too dissapointed but I play the game mainly because it is fun Very Happy
My main team is Norse but I also have a painted Dwarf team (I found out reading the other topics they are very powerfull; apparently not when I play them).
Unpainted I have an Orc and a Human team but never played them but I'm willing to paint them before november if it is in the team's interest.

As I already live in the Netherlands I won't be staying in Amsterdam but will travel home for a good nights rest; only after I have joined my team for dinner and drinks after a long gaming day (if applicable).

DJ

speederOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 05, 2011 - 05:06 PM

France
Hello Sebco !

Thanks for your message Smile

I know polo and i sent him a mp to contact you

See you soon Razz

Association: http://euskal-turnover.forumactif.net/forum

Web: http://www.francobowl.net/forum/index.php

OneChiquitaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 08, 2011 - 10:21 AM

United States of America
Hallo DrunkenDwarf! Hoe gaat het met jou? OneChiquita here and I'm glad you're onboard. Even though we still have a few months to go, everyone should start thinking about their rosters and we need a team captain. My e-mail is Alysia_chang2002@yahoo.com if we want to start consolidating team rosters.

Tiamo69Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2011 - 12:47 AM

UK
just checking in, not been around much & gutted that i missed NAF Champs last wkd due to double booking an event in Feb :O(
(only been last 2 years, with reasonable results 4/0/2 & 3/2/1 last year)

got a couple of UK tourneys to play before WCII & after playing a few games with my Humies, think i will take 'The Damn Rotten Villains' (just need to double check TV/Rules etc). Played Team at TV105 prior to NAF Champs with 4Bl, 1T, Ogre, just 1 wimpy Catcher & linos & seemed to work a treat, especially the 4 blitzers...

Humans won't set the world cup on fire, but i'll have fun, especially if Ogre manages to turn up for at least 75% of each game...

when i have 5 mins, i'll look into accm!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic