NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 18, 2024 - 06:18 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You're right, he does have very long legs. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DeathwingOffline
Post subject: Manupacturer's Fact- Woody's Pact (pic heavy).  PostPosted: Apr 24, 2011 - 02:58 PM
Former President

England
Bit of time today, so got around to taking some pics of my Pact team. Some of them aren't very good quality, but anyway:

Team shot, far too bright but thought I'd stick it in anyway:

Marauders by Gaspez Arts:

The last guy above obviously isn't Gaspez, it's an old GW marauder upper torso married to a pair of gorkamorka legs that I did years ago, was toying with the idea of a norse team. Thought I might as well paint him up, still short of non-mutated marauders.

'Marauder' by Impact!. Anubis thrower; I'm developing a passing Marauder in league play, he fits the bill perfectly. In tournament play I like to take Leader early, so he fills that role too:

Big Boris 'Marauder' from Heresy; if I ever roll a +1 ST, he's my man. Had to find a team for him sometime!

Troll and Mino; 2e GW: Went with these for scale reasons, they sit very nicely on 30mm bases (and fit 25mm), Arms by the side works well for space reasons too. I'm not overly happy with the troll (just not a fan of that particular mini) and he'll be replaced with a neomics troll when I get around to it. Down and stunned counters protect paint work, make space and are a bit of fun. Smile Hacked up a troll and some plastic warhammer quest minos to make them:

Ogre; Thrud by GW. I love the mini and what else can you use him for nowdays? Smile Downed counters are spare Ogre heads from Heresy:

Elf; another one from Impact! (Night Elf Striker). I really wasn't keen initially, actually painted him up as a stop-gap, but once he had a lick of paint I changed my mind, I think he fits the team really well. A grower. Smile :

Skaven; I like to play WYSIWYG as much as possible, so I have a 'standard' Rat (Impact! Ratmen Thrower) and a mutated 'Extra Arms' Rat. The mutated rat is Linerat "Gerbille" from Green Dog figurines with an extra arm conversion. I went with that one in particular because of the 3 point stance. (There's not enough of them out there IMO!). The Impact! Ratmen Thrower I think is wonderfully dynamic, bit of care needed to assemble and precision pinned for added support, but well worth the effort:

Goblin: Eolith Limited edition by Steve Buddle. I've got scores of goblins kicking around, but despite being quite pricey for a small piece of resin I had to have this one. The best FF goblin sculpt out there in my opinion. (Sadly Eolith is no more, but the silver lining is that it looks like Steve will be going back to more 28mm scale figures. Hopefully we'll see more FF!).

Re-roll counters: Succubi from Andy at Heresy, Demon Child from Hasslefree Miniatures; I love the succubi. I was sooo tempted to paint them coloured flesh tones, a la red devil and blue 'Dragon Age Desire Demon' sort of shades, but went with the flesh to match the team better. (So I bought some more! Smile ). The Demon Child is just cute and serves as the Leader reroll:

Cheerleader: Heresy again. This is a minor conversion of the Feral Priestess Queen. It's a pretty imposing figure, so I had to cut down the hooves a little just to take off 4-5mm of height. Bit of chopping of the weapon as well:

Finally the fan. I just love this; great fun. It's a resin piece from a French company called Studio 38, comes from a range they produce for a street brawl game. Actually it's slightly big for 28mm, and not strictly part of this particular team. But anyway, I'll tag him on here, even though he's more of a generic team personal turn marker:

Whew! Turned out to be the biggest and most complete team I've ever done. Counting the fan, 7 different manufacturers represented and I haven't worked out how many sculptors!

Still to come, head coach from Rolljordan/Greebo (which is a WIP slight conversion and will likely end up being a small vignette) and an Apoth (unsourced, may look to find something from another company, Reaper perhaps?). Plus the change of troll to Neomics, so should end up with 9 or 10 different manufacturers. That's pretty cool! Smile

Edit: So here's the coach: Eurobowl were-rooster from Greebo, goblin ref from Goblinforge, vulture from Impact! Liked the rooster figure, but it's far too fragile to actually use as a gaming piece, so added a clipboard to make him a player coach. The gobbo ref just seemed to fit perfectly. Quite fun to do, hopefully the intended humour comes across... harking back to the Argue The Call rules...

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=home
http://www.heresyminiatures.com/index.htm
http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/
http://www.figurines-studio38.com/default.html
http://www.greendogfigurines.blogspot.com/
http://www.gaspez-arts.com/

Last edited by Deathwing on Jun 04, 2012 - 06:23 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject: RE: Manupacturer  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2011 - 04:26 AM

Undisclosed
And all the more impressive because they work together.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

burgun824Offline
Post subject: RE: Manupacturer  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2011 - 07:40 AM

United States of America
Nice good. Good looking team.

EDIT - and by "Nice good" I mean "Nice job." Please forgive my lysdexia.

Last edited by burgun824 on Apr 26, 2011 - 07:32 AM; edited 2 times in total

Jonny_POffline
Post subject: RE: Manupacturer  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2011 - 11:31 AM

United States of America
This team looks awesome!

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject: RE: Manupacturer  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2011 - 12:30 PM

Toronto, ON
Great stuff, Woody!

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

ColinOffline
Post subject: RE: Manupacturer  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2011 - 07:05 PM

Awesome work as always Woody!

As an aside (don't want to hi-jack this thread), but I have a couple of those Eolith LE FF Gobbos (only 125 were made) I am willing to part with, so anyone who might want one can PM me.

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: Manupacturer  PostPosted: May 02, 2011 - 02:14 AM

Portugal
Thats a great looking team!
Congrats!
A.

DeathwingOffline
Post subject: RE: Manupacturer  PostPosted: Jun 04, 2012 - 06:24 PM
Former President

England
Added coach pics to the original post. Smile

HangusOffline
Post subject: RE: Manupacturer  PostPosted: Jun 05, 2012 - 03:10 AM

Undisclosed

Awesome Woody great work.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic