NAF Logo
leftstar May 21, 2024 - 05:01 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Groin Strain! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PodfreyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 18, 2012 - 03:14 AM

England
But Tojurub, your argument is self defeating. In the case of a stunned/prone player there IS some obstacle there and yet the fanatic player moves them. It's this bit that is the main cause of inconsistency.... (i.e. they move the wall instead of bouncing off it)

Reply with quote Back to top
TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2012 - 02:11 AM

Germany
A standing player can fight back, a player on the ground ist a push-over. He can't defend himself..... and you can always House-Rule ths whole thing.... as long as it's clear between the the coaches, it will not be a problem.....just clarify it BEFORE the game Razz

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2012 - 08:43 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

I guess I don't find it as inconsistent. When you GFI to move you move and roll. When you GFI to block you roll before moving. I fail to see the inconsistency. What you are suggesting is that GFI is inconsistent really (not the Fanatic). And yes it is. GFI should be roll and if it works then move in all cases for it to be consistent ... but that is not the case ... so the Fanatic works the same inconsistent way.

Tom

Last edited by GalakStarscraper on Jun 20, 2012 - 11:36 AM; edited 1 time in total

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2012 - 10:11 AM

United States of America
I thought about this and I came across this ...
Are you gonna stop that crazy train when you are sucking dirt

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2012 - 03:00 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
I guess I don't find it as inconsistent. When you GFI to move you move and roll. When you GFI to block you roll before moving. I fail to see the inconsistency. What you are suggesting is that GFI is inconsistent really (not the Fanatic). And yes it is. GFI should be roll and if it works then move in all cases for it to be consistent ... but that is not the case ... so the Fanatic works the same inconsistent way.

Tom

So you are saying Fanatics are blocking prone players?

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2012 - 03:21 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Xtreme wrote:
      GalakStarscraper wrote:

Tom

HUH?!

No I'm not.

I said clearly in my post ... if the player is prone/stunned ... push the player, move the Fanatic, roll for GFI. Just like moving to an empty space. Where did you get anything about blocking a prone player from my post?

Tom

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2012 - 04:55 PM

United States of America
yea
if you blocked him you would get spp's but you are shoving him (or he is scrambling) out of the way and he gets whacked by the ball in the process so no spp's (and you do not throw blocking dice)

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 22, 2012 - 07:10 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
      Xtreme wrote:
      GalakStarscraper wrote:

Tom

HUH?!

No I'm not.

I said clearly in my post ... if the player is prone/stunned ... push the player, move the Fanatic, roll for GFI. Just like moving to an empty space. Where did you get anything about blocking a prone player from my post?

Tom

That's where the inconsistency comes in. You can't say it works just like GFIs to empty squares or to blitz, when there are special rules for prone players. If it were consistent, then next time there is a prone player in my way I can GFI to his square and just push him to the side.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 22, 2012 - 11:56 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Xtreme wrote:
That's where the inconsistency comes in. You can't say it works just like GFIs to empty squares or to blitz, when there are special rules for prone players. If it were consistent, then next time there is a prone player in my way I can GFI to his square and just push him to the side.
There is no inconsistency Bryan.

The rules for the game do not allow you to push a prone player. The Fanatic that have rules that allow him to do so when he moves ... so moving for a Fanatic into a prone player is just a normal movement for him because of his Ball & Chain skill. No inconsistency to me at all on that.

Warpstone
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 22, 2012 - 12:07 PM

I agree, though maybe it's cause I'm a coder. I see the GFI system as consistent. The Ball & Chain rules are better characterized as an exception that is handled by following the "exception handler" process that Galak detailed.

If the entire fanatic action resolves without a hanging error (i.e. what do I do now?) then the entire process is consistent.

StimmeOffline
Post subject: Collateral Damage  PostPosted: Oct 10, 2012 - 01:16 PM

Germany
The question came up yesterday:

If a ball & chain player pushes an already prone or stunned player from his own team (and potentially breaks his armor), will this cause a turnover? I assumed it would not, since the rules state that to cause a turnover "a player on the moving team is knocked down".

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Collateral Damage  PostPosted: Oct 10, 2012 - 02:30 PM

correct

Jon

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Collateral Damage  PostPosted: Oct 10, 2012 - 06:09 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Grumbledook wrote:
correct
agreed

GlamdrynOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Collateral Damage  PostPosted: Oct 10, 2012 - 11:26 PM

United States of America
Sex and titties this thread is alive once again!

StimmeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 08, 2012 - 05:39 PM

Germany
It gets even aliver! "A friend of mine" was playing the Cyanide game and realized in the last match that the game forced him to do all three movements with the fanatic. Is that as intended in the rules?
The wording under the ball&chain skill is "repeat the process for each and every square of normal movement the player has", which indeed sounds as if you can't stop after one or two movements.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic