NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 04:56 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Goblin team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
omegonOffline
Post subject: Ressurection style Tournament list w. Humans  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2011 - 07:22 PM

Denmark

Yes i know. Humans is not the best choise for a tournament, but i like the models, and I've got a little familier with the playstyle. I'm attending a tournament called Doom Bowl, and I'm not sure how I should build the roster. I have 1.100.000 gold to build with.

The skills for the players are given before every match. 8 matches are played and you get 1 and before every match. Before match 3 and 7 it's a double skill-up.
My plan is ofcause to look at my opponent, and choose skill acordingly. But I'm unsure on the starting build.

This is the options I've thought about:

List1:
1. Lineman
2. Lineman
3. Lineman
4. Thrower
5. Thrower
6. Catcher
7. Catcher
8. Blitzer
9. Blitzer
10. Blitzer
11. Blitzer
12. Ogre
Re-rolls x3
1 ass. coach
1 Cheerleader

Review:

This list i the one I'm leaning to atm. It has the Ogre, a resereve and all the positionals I need. I do miss an apoth to save positionals, but I have the option of fouling without the risk of getting behind in bodycount.

List2
1. Lineman
2. Lineman
3. Lineman
4. Lineman
5. Lineman
6. Thrower
7. Thrower
8. Catcher
9. Catcher
10. Blitzer
11. Blitzer
12. Blitzer
13. Blitzer
Re-rolls x3
Apoth
1 FF

Review:

This list has no Ogre. What it does have is 2 reserve players, all the posionals and an apoth to get positionals in if they get cas'ed. I will miss the Ogre when facing bashing teams though.

List 3:

1. Lineman
2. Lineman
3. Lineman
4. Lineman
5. Lineman
6. Thrower
7. Catcher
8. Blitzer
9. Blitzer
10. Blitzer
11. Blitzer
12. Ogre
Re-rolls x3
Apoth
1 FF

Review:

This list has 2 reserves and an Ogre, but it lacks a catcher. I do have the apoth so i can save him, but I'm not sure about the list. I like the bodycount though. Room for fouling and winning the nutrition game.

Anyway. Thats my lists, and I hope you guys can help me deside on 1 of them. Or even come up with a better build. (Changing team is not an option Wink)

Looking forward for some feedback

- Omegon

Reply with quote Back to top
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Ressurection style Tournament list w. Humans  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2011 - 02:16 AM

you really need the ogre imo on a human team, not sure you need 2 throwers, I'd drop one and get an apoth, or swap a lineman for one

then it is a coin flip whether an extra player or a second catcher is more use, I'd probably go with the catcher as you still have a reserve and the apoth

8 matches sounds like a bit of a slog

Jon

omegonOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Ressurection style Tournament list w. Humans  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2011 - 04:39 AM

Denmark

I agree on not needing the 2. thrower, but changing him to a lineman only gains me 20.000 Then i can remove ass. coach and cheerleader, bu i still only got 40.000 which isn't enough to get the apoth.

I just played a tournament with 11 players and apoth. It doesn't work. You need at least 12 players on a human team. They die too fast, and can't dodge away reliantly enough to keep them protected.

Grumbledook wrote:

then it is a coin flip whether an extra player or a second catcher is more use, I'd probably go with the catcher as you still have a reserve and the apoth

I'm not sure how you get this build. As i can figure out this is 1.110.000 gold ?

Grumbledook wrote:
8 matches sounds like a bit of a slog

And yes it does. I'm really looking forward to finding out if I can even last for that many games Razz

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Ressurection style Tournament list w. Humans  PostPosted: Oct 04, 2011 - 03:21 AM

I meant swap a thrower for the apothecary where you haven't taken one, then you choose between a second catcher or an extra lineman by dropping a coach/cheerleader

Jon

omegonOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Ressurection style Tournament list w. Humans  PostPosted: Oct 04, 2011 - 03:51 AM

Denmark

If I loose the Thrower on the non-apoth list and buy an apoth, then I'm down to 11 players and have 20.000 to spare. Then i can loose the cheer and coach. Now i have 40.000.

These 40.000 I can't buy me anything, so I have to downgrade the Catcher to a line the get the rest for a additional Lineman. Now It's just List 3.

If I keep the Catcher then I only got 11 players, which isn't enough.

Could you plaese do a write-up ofthe list that you are thinking about. Bucause atm I'm not sure what you're getting at. It will make it way easier Smile

Thank you
- Omegon

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Ressurection style Tournament list w. Humans  PostPosted: Oct 04, 2011 - 10:29 AM

drop a thrower for an apoth that gives you 20k, swap a catcher for a lineman that gives you another 20k, drop a cheerleader or coach you get another 10k so you can afford another lineman

ah I see now that is actually what your third list is ;]

the other option from the first list is to drop a reroll for the apoth, turn a thrower into a lineman and then get 2x FF as well, with that and your cheerleader and coach you will likely win most kick off table rolls and you have quite a few skill rerolls built into the team

Jon

DarkOrk20Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 05, 2011 - 04:29 AM

United States of America
I personally am not a fan of having an ogre on a human team. I understand why someone would want one but I find the liability of having the ogre more hassle than it is worth. (The blitzers can be built up with guard and mighty blow if you want more bashing.) When I play humans, I need every player on the pitch to be reliable. The roster I prefer for a TV110 is:
4 blitzers
2 throwers
2 catchers
5 lineman
3 RR's
1 Apo
1 FF

The fan factor can be used in either the coach or cheer section
Another alternate is to drop a thrower, replace with a lineman and then you can have 1FF, 1 Assistant, & 1 Cheer.
When kicking off you can put both catchers on the bench and then use them when receiving.
I think this gives a very useful team with plenty of extra players to help with attrition and use the Apo on positional players. If you end up using this roster please let us know what you think.

omegonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 05, 2011 - 07:37 AM

Denmark

@Grumbledook: So list 3 is your way to go about it. I do like you creative thinking on dropping a re-roll, but i think 3 re-rolls on a human team is already pushing the limit. 2 re-rolls are only for Elf Teams. An agility 3 team cannot survive on 2 re-rolls.

@DarkOrk20: So you are more for List 2 I see. I like that build aswell, but no Ogre is gonna be hard agianst teams like the Orks and Lizards. The tournament is build up, so that you get 1 skill-up before each match, and no 1 player kan get 2 skill-ups. Before game 3 and 7 you get a double skill. So I can have a blocking Ogre by game 3. I think thats quite good and acaully quite reliable. But i do know what you're getting at. The bonehead and loner is a problem. I would rather prefere Wild Animal. No loosing taclezones, thank you very mutch!
The problem about not having the Ogre is that you kind of have to give 1 blitzer guard and another migthy blow to make up for it. An then you only have 2 blitzers left to give skills. You would like stripball, dogde (on double skill matches) and tackle (when facing elves and stunty teams). So you are kind of short on blitzers now.
But if I do run with List 3, I think I would raher have a thrower on defense, just to pick up the ball when I get it loose. I have 1 to spare so why not run him on D?

But thank you for your feedback. Definitely given me something to think about

- Omegon

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 05, 2011 - 09:24 AM

you could also consider taking leader on a thrower, though it delays getting guard etc

nurgle teams often take 2 or even 1 reroll due to their expensive players and they lack any of the core starting skills, if they can get away with not having three rerolls then I think humans could too

surprised I never tried it tbh, but then I'd not played nurgle much before I stopped playing humans

Jon

elscorchoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 28, 2011 - 11:56 AM

The last couple tournaments I've gone to I've used option 1 on here. Its resurrection style, I see no reason for more than one extra player nor the apothecary. But that's just me. I've had decent success using that list. Unless there are special tourny rules for extra potential damage. Gotta love the 4 blitzer and Ogre option.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic