NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 02:13 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Rock n Roll rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tallianOffline
Post subject: Has anyone tried this? Simultaneous Turns  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2011 - 02:00 PM

http://www.sg.tacticalwargames.net/fanatic/65st.pdf

I was going to try and get a game of this at some point at my local gaming club.

But I am not sure if there is only one action deck, and therefore only one of the 22 players on the pitch miss their turn, and coaches may ending up having 2 or more players in a row activated. Or if there is an action deck per coach and one of the 11 players on a team misses their turn and coaches only ever get to act with one player before the other coach gets a go.

I had read this before and was sure that it was two action decks, but now I am not so sure.

Tall

Reply with quote Back to top
NikolaiIIOffline
Post subject: RE: Has anyone tried this? Simultaneous Turns  PostPosted: Mar 20, 2012 - 05:13 AM

I read it as a shared deck. Otherwise you'd get one team always getting to play some of their guys in a row at the end of the turn (once the opposing team is down a few players, that is)

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Has anyone tried this? Simultaneous Turns  PostPosted: Mar 20, 2012 - 05:58 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I read it as a single deck.

zerodemonOffline
Post subject: RE: Has anyone tried this? Simultaneous Turns  PostPosted: Mar 24, 2012 - 12:06 PM

Yep, shared deck. His example (numbered 1-5) has player 5 blocking player 8 on turn 1. If these weren't in a shared deck, then player 8 wouldn't need to stand on turn 5 as he would be on the same team as player 5 (who blocked him in the first place)

Makes sense right?

ugnashOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2012 - 11:37 AM

England

Very late to this one having just joined but yes it is definitely a shared deck and yes definitely give it a go. We played it with our local league and then just couldn't imagine going back to turn-based as it just ramps up the strategy and forward-thinking aspect the game to the nth degree. Definitely challenging (especially if running a pass offence) to begin with though but persevere with and you'll get into it.

sann0638Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2012 - 02:48 PM
President

England
Broken link Sad

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic