NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 04:24 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Pit Trap! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: WCIII Planning starts January 2nd 2013  PostPosted: Nov 20, 2011 - 08:34 PM

United States of America
4 years to nail out a lot of things and digest the current info. The real WC events choose the host location at the end of the current one for a reason. The current staff did a great job, now they need to decide how much help they need or if they would like to train a replacement. We will be able to give all volunteers direction and responsibility.

*we refers to the thousands of NAF members* Cool

Reply with quote Back to top
OldManDracoOffline
Post subject: RE: WCIII Planning starts January 2nd 2013  PostPosted: Nov 21, 2011 - 03:33 AM

Hi, just wondering, you are refering to the NAF staff now and not the organising staff of the World Cup right? I mean, I'm guessing those who were involved directly or indirectly with the WC in 'dam would love to give advice, maybe even help out if possible, but only due to the discretion of the new organisers once they are known.

PakoOffline
Post subject: RE: WCIII Planning starts January 2nd 2013  PostPosted: Nov 21, 2011 - 05:17 AM

Spain
I have some suggestions, and I will help as many as possible, independently if my concerns are take into account or not.

I am considering to apply for the NAF WC III organization, but only if I could join the major office of my city to support and organize it properly in terms of space venue, hosting and meals.

In anycase, I want to help if possible. How not after my almost-neverending posts? Very Happy

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2011 - 06:30 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
How, when & where will the next WC be decided?

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Alkaline13Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2011 - 07:46 AM

Aurora, IL, USA
      Clan_Skaven wrote:

CS-
I've already contacted Lycos for some more info on this topic. When I get the information, I'll post it here. So far, I've asked how to make a formal bid for a host city. The date for the even is 100% irrelevant at this point considering it's 4 years away.

For now - we need to concentrate on getting the process of bids figured out and move from there. Agreed?

PakoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2011 - 07:48 AM

Spain
Also to change it to a public process in order to have all NAF members informed about bids, decisions and voting.

IMO it will make it better for NAF image and in terms of feedback.

Alkaline13Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2011 - 07:52 AM

Aurora, IL, USA
      Pako wrote:
Also to change it to a public process in order to have all NAF members informed about bids, decisions and voting.

IMO it will make it better for NAF image and in terms of feedback.

Certain information should be public knowledge, yes. But if you allow the majority of people to decide important information for the tournament, nothing will ever get done. It is important to have a committee that makes the MAJOR decisions for any major event.

I propose that all serious bids should be done to the public, opinions and discussion made publicly, and then once the WC committee comes to decision - that they keep everyone informed

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2011 - 07:57 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Alkaline13 wrote:
      Clan_Skaven wrote:

CS-
I've already contacted Lycos for some more info on this topic. When I get the information, I'll post it here. So far, I've asked how to make a formal bid for a host city. The date for the even is 100% irrelevant at this point considering it's 4 years away.

For now - we need to concentrate on getting the process of bids figured out and move from there. Agreed?

Sounds good to me.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

PakoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2011 - 07:57 AM

Spain
Yes. I don't think EVERYONE could decide. But everyone in the NAF deserve to know which cities made a bid, which pros and cons every bid has. Who are going to decide the WCIII location and the votes of every single member of the comitee. For example.

CoffinDodgerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2011 - 11:01 AM

Scotland
Good luck with it all!!!

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2011 - 11:16 AM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
      Pako wrote:
I don't think EVERYONE could decide. But everyone in the NAF deserve to know which cities made a bid, which pros and cons every bid has. Who are going to decide the WCIII location and the votes of every single member of the comitee. For example.

Yes
Yes
That's different for each individual and thus not relevant (apart from travelling distance to for example the USA, but that's obvious)
Yes
No, I'd really, really consider that a breach of privacy

DaveOffline
Post subject: Re: WCIII Planning starts January 2nd 2013  PostPosted: Nov 21, 2011 - 11:22 AM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
      daloonieshaman wrote:
4 years to nail out a lot of things and digest the current info. The real WC events choose the host location at the end of the current one for a reason. The current staff did a great job, now they need to decide how much help they need or if they would like to train a replacement. We will be able to give all volunteers direction and responsibility.

*we refers to the thousands of NAF members* Cool

I'm quite confident that whoever is Prez in two years' time is more than capable of getting the whole thing in motion.

Currently I think it's more important to keep the feeling of last weekend and stop getting too enthousiastic about doing another similar weekend straight away. We need to first let it settle and then reflect on it from a bigger distance.

There's allways things that could have gone better, there's allways things that can only go worse but it's easier to see those a little time from now. I suspect Lucy and I will wrote up a report with recommendations for our successors

Alkaline13Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: WCIII Planning starts January 2nd 2013  PostPosted: Nov 21, 2011 - 01:05 PM

Aurora, IL, USA
Dave,
I don't think anyone expects the wheels to be moving any time soon for NAF3. If I had a "loonieshaman" translator - I think that his posts in this thread would read "hey guys, wouldn't it be great if NAFWC3 plans started at the beginning of 2013"

I think the current staff did a great job pulling this years world cup together, I think others that may not have been able to attend are just excited to be involved in the planning process for the next go around. I'm sure you understand Smile

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: WCIII Planning starts January 2nd 2013  PostPosted: Nov 22, 2011 - 12:28 AM

United States of America
'bout time someone translated to English for me Wink :wink :
A longer lead time helps more of us plan and save for a trip.
Say you do Australia, I
Would set up a 3-4 weak family vacation depending on the time of year
Or Italy I might go myself for the 3 days depending on the city
You are talking $12k vs $1.5k a big difference

A host city with a narrowed date to say a 3 week range. You can get enough early registration to pay your down payment. Then lock the exact week and fill enough of the registration to cover the rent. Yes enough of these nuts will prereg 2 years in advance to cover that cost.

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: WCIII Planning starts January 2nd 2013  PostPosted: Nov 22, 2011 - 12:30 AM

United States of America
Dave,
Arre you not running for prez again?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic