NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 01:10 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The BBRC is watching you. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BonelessOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2011 - 03:51 PM

Scotland
Big thanks to one and all, From Team Wales, we couldnt think of a bigger event for our maiden journey

Reply with quote Back to top
CasperOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: A big thank you  PostPosted: Nov 22, 2011 - 03:58 PM

Sjapie wrote:
Thanks to all, especially Dave and André. A most impressive feat.
Thoroughly enjoyed it. I've already decided to start saving for the next worldcup already.

Thanks to all my opponents and my beerbuddies: Thomsy, Casper, Tank (my BBbrother), Topper,, Touereg, Gardengnome, Creature, Hudson, VenomousBreath, Draco, Driesfield, Elminster, Ethrylain, Redvenom, Woete, Ronnie, JJ, Agingralcoholic, and so many others. (I must have forgotten many of them (I don't have much of a recollection of Friday night).

Really good organisation. Really looking forward to the next one.

Thanks to you too, mate. Smile And yes, friday night is not among the clearest memories.
- and to everyone else as well for an outstanding time i 'Dam.

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: A big thank you  PostPosted: Nov 22, 2011 - 04:49 PM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

Casper wrote:
And yes, friday night is not among the clearest memories...

He - he - he . . . Laughing Razz

Great drinking with you as well mate, the Dam is a great place for a beer (or a shot or x5).

Anyway, we both got to the venue on time on Saturday (and I even managed a win on game 6) so it's all good. Cool Razz

224th at The World Cup II

Marco_GianniOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: A big thank you  PostPosted: Nov 22, 2011 - 11:58 PM

one word : awesome !

Thanks for all, that was great. You did it well guys Wink

ThadrinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 23, 2011 - 12:27 AM

Sweden
      Hawca wrote:
Big thanks to one and all, From Team Principality, we couldnt think of a bigger event for our maiden journey

Fixed your post :p

OldManDracoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 23, 2011 - 02:12 AM

Kerrunch wrote:
I'm still wondering how they do to manage a four hundred people tournament as if it was a forty people tournament

The secret lies within blisters and muscle aches the next days. Running up and down the stairs was in the end rather exhausting. But seeing that most of you enjoyed, it was well worth it.
Thanks to the organizers to let me rest in Café de Schutter, the last round! Laughing
But also thanks to the players who were not to proud to accept rulings of the referees. It is all done together. Your main luck however was that the starting hours were not as early for you as they were for us. Confused Wink

VolstaggOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 23, 2011 - 02:15 AM

Switzerland
Thanks for the great weekend. I will post some suggestions/ideas for he next WC (wich I'm just looking forward) but first of all a big thank you to everyone involved on it.

dr._rudolf_von_richtenOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: A big thank you  PostPosted: Nov 23, 2011 - 03:04 AM

Darkson wrote:

Gah!! I never realised you were the "random Dutchman" Venomous kept taunting me with - just didn't put name to person - sorry!

No problem! Smile

It's funny anyway when you meet people you only know online in real life for the first time; some are quite like you expected, others are totally different. Razz

What I really liked was the whole sense of community; I don't think I've met a single person to whom the competition was more important than the fun and friendship. And beer, that too! Wink

ElyoukeyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: A big thank you  PostPosted: Nov 23, 2011 - 03:45 AM

Undisclosed
Just to let my points somewhere, it was an enormous event and /cheers to all the staff. they made a great job.
Firt point is that it was lot better organized than what it seems and all the staff was more efficient than what i thought they would be. This is to be mentioned because i thought there would be a lot of failure and there was not.
I just had 2 dark points
-people left aside (but this was known since the beginning and they made a great job in pushing walls to let enter as many people as possible)
-the painting contest which i just did not notice was happening. i saw the sheet but could not find anyone to give them to and since my captain was not really involved in the painting, they was probably trashed at some point. We did not see the winning or qualified teams. I think this is the only improvement point if any.

But it was the biggest and best tourney ever. Next world cup staffs will have hard time to get close to this event.
/cheers again

Upcoming French tournaments

TopperOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: A big thank you  PostPosted: Nov 23, 2011 - 07:47 AM

Denmark

Yeah!!! What a great moment in history. Was an awesome weekend. I was very impressed with the organization of the entire arrangement. Well done.
The referees did a really good job - and when something were pointed out to them, they listened with an open mind and made sure that this was improved for the next round (thinking about the fact that not all knew what the music meant during the first game). But I was impressed at the level of things throughout. So cudos tou you all on that Smile

Finally a thx to around 500 people - can´t get too stuck in the names as some have been forgotten, others I only know the real name of etc. Great partying and ball. Competition and fellowship. "Feuds" and fun. Shouts of anger - and joy. Everything was there Smile - However I feel that a special note should be given to three teams: Team Waterbowl for taking the win in the end. Well done and well played - and for being cool guys throughout - despite quitting on the boatmans race Wink. The Austrian team (Bloodbowl is a wintersport) Next time we´lll get you... I hope Wink. And of course a big thank you for the team members of my own team (Team Argentina) for being such a cool bunch of guys.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
CasperOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: A big thank you  PostPosted: Nov 23, 2011 - 08:06 AM

I heard the Austrians have invented a new saying about themselves: The nemesis of Denmark, as no Danish team has ever won against an Austrian team. Sad
But they are great fellows, and it's fun drinking with them while we play. Smile

KnoxOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: A big thank you  PostPosted: Nov 23, 2011 - 08:09 AM

France

Hy guys! Thank you for this great event!!!

All was perfect. I enjoied meeting people from all around the world.

Congratulation to Team Waterbowl for this great tournament. You deserve it. You are really cool guys. Hope to see you soon again.

Thank you all our opponents and all the guys wo made this event possible!

See you in 4 years. Lutece Noobz will be back to sing "La marseillaise" again Wink

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: A big thank you  PostPosted: Nov 23, 2011 - 08:22 AM

Canada
A big thank you to all for an awesome tournament from Team Canada!! We had an amazing time and it was the greatest bloodbowl experience that we have had to this date. Can't wait for the next one!

Made many contacts and new friends throughout the tournament that put this tournament over the top for us! As much as we love the game, gathering new friends from across the world made the experience completely worth while. Looking forward to Canada travelling abroad for a few more tournaments consistently over the next few years.

Thank you again to everyone who made this event possible!, the closing ceremonies were unbelievable and seeing 500 bloodbowl coaches on three levels chanting and cheering like we all were was overwhelming. It was quite the experience to take that all in. Hope this will be our first of many International events we will partake in! Take care everyone and see you all next time!

Adam

JimjimanyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A big thank you  PostPosted: Nov 23, 2011 - 11:39 AM

Manchester, UK
What an amazing weekend! Thanks from team Waterbowl to all the organisational staff and the 500 coaches in attendance, it was the greatest tournament I’ve ever been too and the atmosphere was fantastic!

We’d like to give special thanks to all the teams we played, the games were really enjoyable and so was the banter during them. We hope to play you all again soon!

Topper wrote:
despite quitting on the boatmans race Wink

Which one topper? The one I won? Wink

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A big thank you  PostPosted: Nov 23, 2011 - 12:41 PM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

Jimjimany wrote:
...it was the greatest tournament I’ve ever been too and the atmosphere was fantastic!

FANTASTIC!!

Twisted Evil

224th at The World Cup II

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic