NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 05:39 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Eyebrows day-glo rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
secondchanceOffline
Post subject: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 08:04 AM

Just finished my Human Blood Bowl team using bits from Perry Miniatures' Napoleonic Dragoons boxed set. They are about the same size as size (28mm) as current GW minis though without the "heroic" proportion heads.

These linemen are made from the dismounted dragoon sprue from the the main boxed set with the carbine cut from the right hand. Perry offers the single sprues by themselves for a couple of bucks but I wanted the alternate heads and torsos for some of my positionals.

These are the blitzers with the heads swapped for the bear skin hats and with miliput breast plates and great coats. I may redo these as they look a little dark and samey compared to the rest of the team. Anyone know where I could find some Bismarkian infantry heads?

These runners required sawing the dismounted dragoon bodies off at the waist and switching in the trumpeteer torso from the mounted units sprue. A little difficult to get them together correctlybut I like the way they look compared to the linemen.

Hereis the team's thrower with ther torso from the command sprue on another sawed off dismounted body and a little miliput blood ballin his hand.

Finally, we have Da Petite Corporal. The Ogre is sculpted from Sculpy III and maybe a little off scale for an ogre but I hate using big guy bases.

Reply with quote Back to top
AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 11:10 AM

Portugal
Very cool idea and nice sculpts!
And that might just be a way to "lure" historical miniature gamers to blood bowl...
Very Happy

How about a team pic so we can check the "Petite Corporal" size?

PS: Sorry but no idea on the Bismarkian infantry heads.

secondchanceOffline
Post subject: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 12:48 PM

Ha thanks! I'll edit in a group pic tomorrow but the linemen come up to about the ogre's shoulder. He's bustin out of his uniform!

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Dec 05, 2011 - 07:01 PM

nice theme, got a bit of a surprise as I read the thread title as necromantic not napoleonic ;]

Jon

phoenix_gOffline
Post subject: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Dec 06, 2011 - 04:03 AM

Good work and interesting idea! Looking forward to the team photo

secondchanceOffline
Post subject: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Dec 07, 2011 - 08:50 AM

Here is the team all together to show a size comparison for the ogre player. I plan on making a couple extra line men for spares and adding some gold braid to the blitzers to give them a little contrast.

My next project is either barbary coast pirate Dark Elves or Pro Elf fops to continue with general theme.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Dec 08, 2011 - 03:53 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Its a really nice team and I love the concept. Two things to think about for the next time. I think I would have preferred the Blitzers in the same light blue coats and relied on the bearskin hat to differentiate them, just so it looked more cohesive. On the other hand the catchers/runners probably aren't different enough from the linemen so I know if I was playing against it I'd want some baserings or something similar.

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Dec 11, 2011 - 02:53 AM

Portugal
      secondchance wrote:
Here is the team all together to show a size comparison for the ogre player. I plan on making a couple extra line men for spares and adding some gold braid to the blitzers to give them a little contrast. (...)

No doubt who the ogre is, he's bigger al right!
They look very nice, congrats!

By the way, I second what Doubleskulls said.
On the catchers vs lineman, I might try a different tone on the helmet, or maybe add an extra colour (in some detail) that would help your oponent identify them easily.

DentOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Dec 12, 2011 - 02:26 AM

Undisclosed
Perhaps get some Carabiniers or Cuirassiers, the gold helmets and breastplates of the carabiniers would be great catchers

secondchanceOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Dec 12, 2011 - 07:57 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, I've been looking around for some bitz to use on both the blitzers and catchers. I'll see if the pistolier bits from WHFB work well with the blitzers and as for the catchers, I am going to try painting their sash and helmet plumes red to make them stand out more.
EDIT:

Here is a work in progress of a different take on the blitzers. He has a breast plate still and the the coat is now flung off of one shoulder and held on by a gold cord like a hussar. He also now has a sash instead of a belt which will be red.

And here is the catcher with his new red sash and helmet plumes. I like the contrast the red on blue an white makes.

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Dec 23, 2011 - 02:26 PM

Portugal
Looking nice!

I bet that with this extra work it'll be a lot easier for your thrower to spot on them on the pitch for the accurate pass!
Wink

secondchanceOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Jan 17, 2012 - 08:11 AM

Welp, moving to the next project. Maybe I'll finally get around to finishing my necromantic team. Human team is up on ebay if anybody wants to make a bid: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200701837587?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks for the comments and critiques!

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Jan 17, 2012 - 08:56 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Good luck with the auction.

I didn't realise that's why you were painting them. I think coaches would want a "full" team - so Ogre, 4 Blitzers, 2 Throwers, 4 Catchers & 5 Linemen. For extra value support staff (coach, cheerleaders, apoth) are really nice to have too, so you may find less bidding than you may hope for.

Another option is to offer to paint additional models on a commission basis, so a potential buyer knows they can round out the team to what they want.

fnord23Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Jan 17, 2012 - 03:07 PM

They are really awesome! Damn thats made me want to resurrect an abandoned project from a few years ago - Rourkes Drift Blood bowl teams.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Napoleonic Human Bloodbowl Team  PostPosted: Jan 18, 2012 - 01:12 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Blood Bowl at Orcs Drift Smile

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic