NAF Logo
leftstar May 15, 2024 - 03:28 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Blitzer pigs are overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NashrakOffline
Post subject: Advice on bringing new people into the game  PostPosted: Dec 22, 2011 - 12:20 PM

Hey,

Any advice on bringing new people into the game from my local area, they play 40k, and have heard of BB but never played it or seen it being played.

I only have an orc team but have more on the way soon (Amazon, Wood Elf, Chaos Dward and Undead)

Any tips on how to get them involved? team choices (orc vs orc) orc vs human (proxied) Hopefully if enough of them are involved we can get a league going and i can stop playing the cyanide game (i hate the agi based rolls Razz)

Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Advice on bringing new people into the game  PostPosted: Dec 22, 2011 - 12:35 PM

something like orc vs undead or high elf vs dark elf would probably be best

humans are a hard team to use well compared to them, I don't recommend them as a beginner team

Jon

DukeJanOffline
Post subject: RE: Advice on bringing new people into the game  PostPosted: Dec 23, 2011 - 05:49 AM

Netherlands
I recommend taking the orc and human teams out of the box and starting with the basic rules (no assists etc). There used to be some cards for the human and orc teams which described the skills all the players had. These teams worked really well for teaching the basic game mechanics. New players can take very long to finish their turns and it tends to drain the fun from the game for them. So once the new player has a grasp of the rules try the four minute rule, set 2 minutes for yourself to level the playing field. Many people detest this, but the game is most fun if you play fast and learn from the mistakes you make doing so.

PS I have made PDFs of these cards for CRP. If you pm me your mail address I will send them. They explain all the skills etc.

Last edited by DukeJan on Dec 23, 2011 - 07:16 AM; edited 1 time in total

sann0638Offline
Post subject: RE: Advice on bringing new people into the game  PostPosted: Dec 23, 2011 - 05:52 AM
President

England
Update your location - people on here might see you and get in touch! Good luck!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic