NAF Logo
leftstar May 02, 2024 - 01:02 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Vote Varag for Warboss. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 08:10 AM

Canada
Hey NA coaches and TOs.

it was mentioned in passing in a discussion about WCIII that if NA wanted to stand a chance to host we would need to prove we could get 100-200 coaches together for one tournament to make up for the reduction in European coaches who could travel to our continent.

I would like to propose we try and organise a Continental Championship, as a team event, at some point in 2012 and 2013.
This would be a quadrenial or bienial event on years without a NAF World Cup.

Right now this is just a discussion but if there is interest we will run a bidding process for any host cities that are interested and then pick the location based on the best bid.

Please go wild with any thoughts!

JTB

Last edited by Notorious_jtb on Jan 13, 2011 - 08:54 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 08:36 AM

Canada
Well I think the first thing to do is look at the number of coaches that are attending in the respective hemispheres.

Ontario boasts more tourneys than our Western bretheren, but I am not sure of their numbers.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 08:50 AM

Canada
Agreed, but an event like this needs big organisation so it is not just the location of the coaches but the location of the organisers that is key.

So i would like a bidding process with potential host cities submitting bids to an organising group.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 08:52 AM

Canada
I for instance don't think Ottawa, my location, would be the best choice. But Toronto or Montreal (in the East) could certainly make bids that would be competitive as could Vancouver in the West of Canada.

I suspect there are about 5-10 cities in the US that could be considered as well.

But it is the organisers not just the city that is important.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 09:33 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
I for instance don't think Ottawa, my location, would be the best choice. But Toronto or Montreal (in the East) could certainly make bids that would be competitive as could Vancouver in the West of Canada.

Really? Because I was thinking that Ottawa tend to have a lot of people who will attend tourneys, just so long as they are in Ottawa!

But there does seem to be a hinting that some of the TBBFers may be coming out of retirement. And I would imagine, that for something of this size and calibre, that they could almost certainly be coaxed to come out!

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 09:43 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

Really? Because I was thinking that Ottawa tend to have a lot of people who will attend tourneys, just so long as they are in Ottawa!

But there does seem to be a hinting that some of the TBBFers may be coming out of retirement. And I would imagine, that for something of this size and calibre, that they could almost certainly be coaxed to come out!

I am speaking only as a transport hub. There are less direct flights to Ottawa than to Toronto and Montreal. The local attendees are only going to be a small percentage of what we would need to achieve to show we could host a WC in North America.

If the event was held anywhere in O, T or M we would get the majority of the Eastern Canada coaches there. But in T and M there would be more from further away as flights are more direct and cheaper.

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 10:18 AM

Canada

Last edited by Taxal on Jan 13, 2011 - 12:08 PM; edited 1 time in total

XtremeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 10:37 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
Sad
Something we have been working on behind the scenes already.
I'd like to prupose a biyearly event, with every other event bieng hosted in the US.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 10:54 AM

Canada
      Xtreme wrote:
Sad
Something we have been working on behind the scenes already.
I'd like to prupose a biyearly event, with every other event bieng hosted in the US.

I suspect given the NA nature of the event that the US would host at least that often.

lets make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Do you mean two times a year or every two years?

I think every two years would result in bigger events personally which is what we want IMO.

XtremeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 11:07 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
Every two years. I don't think it would be a good idea to do it any more often then that.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 11:08 AM

Canada
      Xtreme wrote:
Every two years. I don't think it would be a good idea to do it any more often then that.

That's what my wife used to tell me..... Sad

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 11:36 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Xtreme wrote:

Laughing

I like every two years for tournaments of this potential size and scale.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 01:24 PM

LOL, a NA team tournament,the winning prize should be a wooden spoon Very Happy

(don't worry guys, you'll have plenty of opportunities to kick my ass Wink )

jrock56Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP?  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 04:45 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Xtreme wrote:

Laughing

I like every two years for tournaments of this potential size and scale.

Sounds like a great idea for all of NA to have a much larger scale tourney every 2 years. Would be quite the large undertaking but well worth it I would think. Would you want to alternate between the US and Canada hosting the event every 2 years? This way it would really only be every 4 years that each group from the US or Canada would have to organize the event. Timetable would seem realistic at least under this format.

jrock56Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: NORTH AMERICAN TEAM CHAMPION  PostPosted: Jan 13, 2011 - 04:46 PM

Canada
      Lizardcore wrote:
LOL, a NA team tournament,the winning prize should be a wooden spoon Very Happy

(don't worry guys, you'll have plenty of opportunities to kick my ass Wink )

Granted!! Your ass will get whooped, hopefully several times over! Wink

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic