NAF Logo
leftstar May 04, 2024 - 11:19 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fan Factor of 1. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 21, 2012 - 09:38 AM

Canada
Me too, who gets to Zlurp my cherry??...........

Reply with quote Back to top
Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 21, 2012 - 10:03 AM

United States of America
sick bro.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 21, 2012 - 10:41 AM

Canada
HAHAHAHAHAHA.................really, with all the other jokes thrown around, THAT'S where you get repulsed.

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 21, 2012 - 12:43 PM

United States of America
Nah, I meant it as Stage 1 of Sick Bro! hahaha!

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2012 - 10:52 AM

United States of America
Xtreme runs the best tournament around no question.

60 coaches were in attendance which makes it one of the largest of all time.... tied for 2nd of all time in North America I believe.

Congrats to Tom "DarkOrk20" Rumery for winning it.... even with his potty-mouth and disturbing dog collar on, he managed to kick the crap out of his opponents enough to win it all!

Pics coming soon.

FevinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2012 - 11:17 AM

Zlurpee Bowl should definitely be on the tournament list for any blood bowler who can make it, I LOVED it!!

This one was my second tournament ever in Blood Bowl but it is already on my list to go to next year what with the "skilled" dancers Wink and challenging mini game of rock paper scissors, I don't think I ever stopped enjoying myself...even losing, the coaches that came were that awesome.
Xtreme and all the people who helped him did an awesome job at keeping everything organized and the variety of prizes, raffles, and situationals was entertaining and fun to watch especially being on a team I got to cheer (or shake my head) at some of the prizes they walked away with Smile

Thanks for putting this together and I'm looking forward to attending the next one! (Also Chaos Cup...and Orktoberfest... Smile )

bchOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2012 - 11:35 AM

United States of America

Thanks Xtreme for another great tournament. To quote one of my opponents "Xtreme runs a first class tournament". I am 100% sure that anyone who went would agree. I have not been playing Blood Bowl very long and already know that Zlurpeebowl and Chaos Cup are can't miss events! My roster is made for ZB9, when does pre-reg open? Very Happy

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2012 - 11:36 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
Award Winners

Champion: Darkork20
2nd Place: Rodney Dangerfield
3rd Place: Zap_rowsdower
4th Place: Solarflare
FTLOTG: Zootsuitjeff
Team Champions: Legion of Boom
Most sporting: Sarge
Best Appearance: apartment42
Borak Award: boshka
Freshbreeze Award: Khornelius Praxx
Best Defense: Father Gailus
Best Comeback: Teiken
Weak Sauce: Wesleytj

Full results organized by final points standings.

BigSexyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2012 - 12:00 PM

SE MIchigan
Second tournament ever for me as well. I'm lucky enough to live where there is quite a few Blood Bowl tournament though out the year that are within a half days drive. However, due to a crappy work schedule I have to pick and choose which ones I can attend. I'm very glad I chose Zlurpee Bowl as one of them. The people were all great to play against with some great looking teams. The venue was awesome with plenty of room, tables, and PA system. Things seemed to run real smooth as well. A projection screen made it easy to find your next match up and what table to go to. During the match there was a timer displayed showing how much time left in the game with time left being called out. I liked that as I'm always worried if my game is going too slow or not. I played an ogre team which was a little worrying. I enjoy them but I wasn't sure if six games of hard fought losses would be an enjoyable experience. Turns out it was even though in truth I had 1 win, 3 losses, and 2 ties which is actually better than I expected. Still I had a great time every game which I owe to the tournament organizers and also the blood bowl community. Thanks to Xtreme for putting this on every year and hope to be there next time. Also thanks to Galak for providing viddles for us hungry players. I told he should give up the mini business and get into catering, but I don't think he was having it.

apartment42Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2012 - 12:08 PM

20 hours total drive time for The Eh Team and worth every klick Smile The tournament itself was top, top shelf but the whole weekend of events really took it to a whole new level. Must admit I don't see my Rat Ogre Bowl champion award listed Razz

Shoutout to all the great coaches I met yet felt I've known my whole life ... voting my team for best appearance is humbling but my friendship ribbon might mean even more to me. See you all at Chaos Cup tho I may fly to Chicago as opposed to drive seeing as how Canada now has an airplane!

Cheers and VOTE XTREME

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2012 - 01:46 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
My photo album

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v506/Xtreme_NAF/Zlurpee%20Bowl%20VIII/

Jonny's Photo album

http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o513/jp4media/Zlurpee%20Bowl%20VIII/

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2012 - 02:09 PM

Great job Xtreme and crew! Had a great time playing some familiar faces (flyingdingle, darkork20) and against some foes I have never (or rarely) gotten a chance to play (aldis-snow, zap_rowsdower, rodney_dangerfield, and madrobot). All fun, great games.

Also have to say that this was probably the most impressive painting for blood bowl teams I have seen in a while. Great stuff guys!

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2012 - 02:14 PM

United States of America
      BigSexy wrote:
I played an ogre team which was a little worrying.

Were they grey with the purple pants? I voted for those for Best Painted!

They looked awesome!

BoshkaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2012 - 02:14 PM

It cannot be said enough how great a time and tourney this weekend was all around. A huge Thank You to Xtreme and all those that had lent a hand to make this a great time. And to not just make it a BloodBowl Tourney, but an entire weekend of fun and camaraderie.

We get to see some of the same coaches we see several times a year at other events. However we also get a few in who only can make a couple. So it's a good time to meet up, reconnect, meet some new coaches and just enjoy each other’s company....while I beat the shit out of your team Twisted Evil

There is no reason anyone should not make time to come and join in on the fun next year. I believe Extreme was almost on the verge of a nervous breakdown or coma. All that was required was 20 or so more coaches. So keeping that in mind I would like to put out a personal request to all those within a day’s drive. To do whatever you must do to make it next year. I am certain if another 20-30 coaches can make it next year. We will be able to post pics of Extreme on the ground in a fetal catatonic state drooling from the mouth. If coming to win, have fun, relax and have a good time is not enough reason to show up. Then I would think seeing Extreme in that state should be more than enough motivation for anyone.

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2012 - 02:16 PM

United States of America
      apartment42 wrote:
See you all at Chaos Cup tho I may fly to Chicago as opposed to drive seeing as how Canada now has an airplane!

Cheers and VOTE XTREME

The CC Venue is perfect for flying into O'Hare. I won't derail the thread here for Zlurpee, but if you have any questions on CC let me know. Only $28 for a ride back to hotel from airport with up to 4 sharing the car.

Oh and congrats on Rat Ogre Championship.... and for getting an airplane! Razz

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic