NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 20, 2024 - 01:03 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Turn 8. Remember to score. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PakoOffline
Post subject: Bayern Dae Monich (CHAOS) - WIP  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2012 - 07:31 AM

Spain
Hello all guys,

I usually post here just my finished teams. I do really appreciate the feedback (usually positive) and some funny chat about names, colours and so. But I want to be a little bit further trying to show a bit of the process in order to provide somehow better inspiration or ideas for other people. Or at least to fill a little bit more the forum with interesting discussions about modelling, bits and so.

To start with, I would present my Chaos Team, the Bayern Dae Monich. This will be the third incarnation of this extremely violent team. The first one used the the provided beastmen with some plastic Chaos Warriors and a Rat Ogre as Big Guy (don't ask please Rolling Eyes ). Its second incarnation changed the beastmen for khorne bloodletters. But being one of my favourite teams, I took profit on one friend's interest to coach Chaos to endorse the old Bayern and start a new, finesse painting job after my ORC Milan.

The initial idea come with the plastic bestigors. They look great. Very well sculpted and defined models, plenty of armour (which was the main lack to use gors) and with great conversion posibilities.

I took these models and the problem came when necessary to choose a Chaos Warrior option. I considered to use directly WH Chaos warriors (with massive resculpting needed as the wear coats on back) but they are smaller than the bestigors (don't really fit). I then move on to a new release from Avatars of War and ordered this:

LINK TO WARRIORS OF APOCALYPSE

But unfortunately, they were smaller than bestigors also. On top of that, I don't really like to use miniatures from different companies to build a team. This usually gives the team a very unpatched fashion. For this reason, I always tried to use models from the same miniatures range. In this case I was desperate and I triend, and although this warriors are superb, they don't really fit for me.

At the end I finally get THE idea and tried to mix both miniatures (I had 4 chaos warriors and a box of warriors of apocalypse). I cut legs from AoW, Torso from GW, mix the pieces in the arms and use GW's heads. To enlarge the miniatures I sculpted new boots and add some volume to the torsos to finally get this:

I finally get the image I was desiring from the very beginning. Massive Chaos warriors with GW's fashion to fit with my beastmen.

Reply with quote Back to top
PakoOffline
Post subject: RE: Bayern Dae Monich (CHAOS) - WIP  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2012 - 07:31 AM

Spain
Thank you guys. I realized that nothing was said about my minotaur. Being the Bayern Dae Monich concept somehow related with daemons previously (the bloodletters) I wanted to maintain it in the case of the minotaur. I picked up the miniature of Be'lakor from GW range and substitute the sword by a plastic human 3ed helmet (poor 3ed humans, their heads are all around Orc ).

This is a WIP, I found the focal light effect pretty low. I will increasse it to obtain the effect that you could see using the flash:

Desired light effect:

At least, I realize that the lighted surfaces are the correct ones, just need to work on breast symbol and eyes to increase the effect.

PakoOffline
Post subject: RE: Bayern Dae Monich (CHAOS) - WIP  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2012 - 07:32 AM

Spain
Hey again! Just a pic in one of my first beastmen.

This is the goat of Legion. Spanish military corp known as Legion have the particular issue to have a goat as official pet. Even took part in the official days:

[img]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgSsBITSPzyEFMQdg0Ibr-tpLQfOjamv_yP5cziTr7qzTCGbBN[/img]

(sure here you are already amazed, but I'll show you the miniature anyway).

My version is just a Beastman (goat for friends here in Spain) that fits with this idea. Legionaries are called "the boyfriends of Death" so you understand a truly bastard beastman called The Goat of the Legion will fit extremely well with the ultraviolent Bayern Dae Monich.

Here the WIP:

The original version here:

http://www.lbnweb.com/public/general/Pako/CabraMVP.jpg

KilowoggyOffline
Post subject: RE: Bayern Dae Monich (CHAOS) - WIP  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2012 - 11:03 AM

Undisclosed
Looks awesome.

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown

connexionOffline
Post subject: RE: Bayern Dae Monich (CHAOS) - WIP  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2012 - 07:47 AM

Portugal

Very good the Minotaur/Demon. Keep posting the rest!

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Bayern Dae Monich (CHAOS) - WIP  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2012 - 08:06 AM

nice work on the warriors, look forward to seeing them painted

Jon

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: Bayern Dae Monich (CHAOS) - WIP  PostPosted: Oct 03, 2012 - 11:38 AM

Portugal
Great project!
Love the painting on the 'mino', and the CW conversions turned out fantastic too!
Please keep us updated on the team.

By the way, it would be cool if you had a couple of pics of the previous versions of the team!
Smile

PakoOffline
Post subject: RE: Bayern Dae Monich (CHAOS) - WIP  PostPosted: Oct 04, 2012 - 01:10 AM

Spain
Here you have the previous incarnation. Unfortunately, I don't have pics from the first one. These minis are now property of my friend Volstagg:

They were painted in a "play painting level" with base tones and dipping. Very few painting effects.

I decided to pro-paint the Bayern as they deserved.

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: Bayern Dae Monich (CHAOS) - WIP  PostPosted: Oct 04, 2012 - 11:23 AM

Portugal
They look cool, not overly detailed, but cool nonetheless!
I suppose those are the new plastic bloodletters right?
I'm glad to see their sculpts are somewhere between the two metal earlier versions (in terms of body weight I mean), not as skinny as the first ones and neither as "pumped" as the later...

Please keep us posted on your updates of this project.
Cheers!
A.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic