NAF Logo
leftstar May 17, 2024 - 12:45 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Leap over this you Wood Elf scum! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LycosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2013 - 07:41 AM
Former President

Undisclosed
I have asked for this thread to be updated as it happens however folks have been busy the last week or so. I also booked my room on Friday for Dutch Dave and myself and apparently it is nearly sold out. ( so the lady told me anyway)

Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2013 - 10:43 AM

Undisclosed
Took me a couple of minutes to copy & paste those posts from TFF. Joe was to busy to do that? Seriously?

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2013 - 11:42 PM

The last update was Nov 16th...

If people are too busy and need help they need only ask!

Jon

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2013 - 12:14 PM

Undisclosed
      Geggster on TFF on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:24 pm wrote:
The code for the hotel has an extension to 5pm GMT TODAY.

We have booked out 72 of the rooms for the Saturday night (and 52 for the Friday) - should be quite the BB event!

If you haven't booked yet (perhaps you haven't got round to getting your ticket or maybe you weren't planning on staying) the code is CONFBB and the number is 0115 8760862.

Rolling Eyes

sann0638Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2013 - 04:41 AM
President

England
First post has been updated with current attendees - should be fun!

PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2013 - 05:57 AM

England
Keep em coming guys! 10 weeks or so to go... getting close!

Just can't decide whether to do Zumba or Bodypump at the Orchard's free gym... Wink

sann0638Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 14, 2013 - 11:40 AM
President

England
Rulios!

The tournament will use the ‘Competition Rules Pack’ Blood Bowl rules. All 24 teams will be permitted, including Slann, Underworld and Chaos Pact.

Each coach selects his team from a treasury of 1,050,000 gold crowns. You may spend money from your treasury on inducements. All inducements are permitted except Special Play Cards and Team Wizards. Teams are restarted after each game, i.e. injuries and deaths do not carry over; any SPPs earned are lost.

Before each match you may select one additional skill for a player on your team. The player will keep the skill for the rest of the tournament. Skills must be selected from the player’s permitted skill categories. A single player cannot be given more than one additional skill throughout the tournament. Star Players may not be given additional skills.

Each round, before choosing your skill, you are permitted to see your opponent’s roster including any additional skills he has chosen in previous rounds. Coaches may wish to choose their next additional skill in secret, before revealing their choice to their opponent. This is to prevent any potential advantage gained by one coach choosing their skill before the other.

Tournament points will be awarded as follows:

Win: 30 points
Draw: 10 points
Loss: 0 points

In addition to tournament points, record your touchdowns and casualties on your results sheet. Only record casualties that would give Star Player Points; those caused by fouls, crowd pushes, failed dodges etc. do not count.

A team of referees will be available to answer any rules queries. If you cannot find the answer in the rule book, ask for the assistance of a referee and he will be able to resolve the problem. Additionally, if your match is behind schedule a referee may ask you to hurry up in order to finish in time. If you are unable to finish the referee may stop the game prematurely. In any such case the referee’s decision is always final.

peterdOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2013 - 01:42 PM

Undisclosed

No Wizards? For a long time it was possible to buy them at the NAF Championship. So it`s time to say goodbye! Thank you Wizards for all the fun, fireballs and lightning bolts. You give Khemri a chance to win games you normaly could not win. I will miss you! What will my Nurgle Team do this year in Nottingham without you? So it`s time for Brick Far`th & Grotty without Re-Rolls.... . Must hold back my tears!
Greetings Peter D.

PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2013 - 03:13 AM

England
I’m sure there’ll be lots of scope for unusual rosters even if it will be without wizards! Wink

Some information below about Roster Pre-registration:

Quote:
Hello all,

We are again asking for coaches to send us their rosters in advance of the NAF Championship to speed up the process of registration on the Saturday morning. There is no pressure to do this immediately so please take as much time as you want to deliberate over every fiendish roster choice! But the more of these we get, the faster the queue will move come the day.

Please send your roster to NAFC.rosters@gmail.com. You may not necessarily receive a response, but please accept our silent thanks. Everyone will still need to bring two printed copies of their roster on the day.

Many thanks
Joe

A reminder of the rules follows below :

Quote:
The tournament will use the ‘Competition Rules Pack’ Blood Bowl rules. All 24 teams will be permitted, including Slann, Underworld and Chaos Pact.

Each coach selects his team from a treasury of 1,050,000 gold crowns. You may spend money from your treasury on inducements. All inducements are permitted except Special Play Cards and Team Wizards. Teams are restarted after each game, i.e. injuries and deaths do not carry over; any SPPs earned are lost.

Before each match you may select one additional skill for a player on your team. The player will keep the skill for the rest of the tournament. Skills must be selected from the player’s permitted skill categories. A single player cannot be given more than one additional skill throughout the tournament. Star Players may not be given additional skills.

Each round, before choosing your skill, you are permitted to see your opponent’s roster including any additional skills he has chosen in previous rounds. Coaches may wish to choose their next additional skill in secret, before revealing their choice to their opponent. This is to prevent any potential advantage gained by one coach choosing their skill before the other.

Tournament points will be awarded as follows:

Win: 30 points
Draw: 10 points
Loss: 0 points

In addition to tournament points, record your touchdowns and casualties on your results sheet. Only record casualties that would give Star Player Points; those caused by fouls, crowd pushes, failed dodges etc. do not count.

A team of referees will be available to answer any rules queries. If you cannot find the answer in the rule book, ask for the assistance of a referee and he will be able to resolve the problem. Additionally, if your match is behind schedule a referee may ask you to hurry up in order to finish in time. If you are unable to finish the referee may stop the game prematurely. In any such case the referee’s decision is always final.

JoemanjiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2013 - 08:14 AM

England
Hello all,

You can now download the Rules Pack for this year's NAF Championship here :

http://thenaf.net/downloads/NAFC2013.pdf

Many thanks to Manticore Rich for putting this together using his excellent tech skills!

Cheers
Joe

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2013 - 08:51 AM

Undisclosed
#sad Crying or Very sad

While a family BBQ to celebrate my dad's 70th, and karting at Thruxton will be fun, think I'd rather be in Nottingham. Sad

JoemanjiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 01, 2013 - 12:32 PM

England
Updated.

JoemanjiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 04, 2013 - 04:35 AM

England
Updated.

ManuelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2013 - 05:31 AM

Spain
I start the exams on monday 27... If only it had remained in the original 4-5 of may...

Now I'm struggling with the dilema of having the best weekend of the year... or risking not passing my exams.

:_(

JoemanjiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2013 - 08:51 AM

England
Updated.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic