NAF Logo
leftstar May 20, 2024 - 06:45 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Goblin team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
VirralOffline
Post subject: Aussie Block Dice on IndieGoGo  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2012 - 09:07 PM

Australia
Hi everyone,

I've just launched our Australian Block Dice campaign on IndieGoGo, I hope everyone will take a moment to check it out.

We've come up with what we feel are at once uniquely Australian and yet also clearly readable symbols for use as Block Dice. The designs themselves are by the incredibly talented Melvin de Voor, and I think he's done an amazing job transforming our design brief into reality.

The dice themselves are going to be 16mm, rounded edges just like the NAF dice and with screen printed images. This makes them sharp and easy to read, and the print itself is bonded chemically to the plastic of the die making them very hard wearing and impossible to chip.

I feel like the symbols speak for themselves, but for anyone who is still unsure... the Koala Skull is the Skull, the Australia Outline is the Pow, the Australia Outline with Leaf is the Defender Stumbles, the combined Koala Skull and Australia Pow is the Both Down and the Gum Leaves are the Push.

The inital goal is $1250, which includes three colour options:

If we reach our funding target we are going to add a fourth colour:

And from there we have several further goals we'd love to hit:

If we manage to fund Baggy Greens, everyone who supports the project will get a free set of them on top of whatever other gear they are going to receive.

Reply with quote Back to top
VirralOffline
Post subject: RE: Aussie Block Dice on IndieGoGo  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2012 - 08:28 PM

Australia
Hi all,

Just posting to say that we've had a really great initial response with more than 25% of funds already raised. So don't be shy, come and join the fun Smile

KilowoggyOffline
Post subject: RE: Aussie Block Dice on IndieGoGo  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2012 - 11:03 PM

Undisclosed
We tweeted you out and will see what we can do to make this happen for you! Always happy to help fellow BBers.

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown

VirralOffline
Post subject: RE: Aussie Block Dice on IndieGoGo  PostPosted: Oct 25, 2012 - 06:11 PM

Australia
Awesome, thanks Kilowog! We're just shy of the 50% mark, so things are going well.

VirralOffline
Post subject: RE: Aussie Block Dice on IndieGoGo  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2012 - 07:30 PM

Australia
Yay, we've hit our initial funding goal and in an amazingly short time too! Hugs all round ;D

This means that we can all shade our eyes at the glory of Coral Reef (and you'll be able to select it as one of your colours when I send out the survey at the end of the campaign).

Our next target, and one I'm very excited about, is Croc Hunter at $1750. I really hope we hit this target, I am in love with this colour scheme!

garthnaitOffline
Post subject: RE: Aussie Block Dice on IndieGoGo  PostPosted: Oct 29, 2012 - 12:11 PM

Any Pics from the final design of the dices?

VirralOffline
Post subject: RE: Aussie Block Dice on IndieGoGo  PostPosted: Oct 29, 2012 - 02:27 PM

Australia
No, unfortunately not. The design is final as above, but we we only have the samples shown in engraved dice, not the final product. One of the problems with this method of production is that you can't really get small prototypes done due to setup costs, it's all or nothing.

That said, one of the big benefits of IndieGoGo is that I've been receiving funds as they come in, and now the initial run is fully funded I am going to get the setup and production underway. So HOPEFULLY I'll have some initial shots of the dice before the end of the campaign itself.

VirralOffline
Post subject: RE: Aussie Block Dice on IndieGoGo  PostPosted: Nov 01, 2012 - 07:45 PM

Australia
I'm happy to announce that we've smashed the Croc Hunter goal and are well on our way to free Baggy Green's for every contributor.

We have also had another new design set up via our "Design Your Own" perk. The MBBL have decided on Blue with Metallic Silver, and these can now be added as a standard colour choice:

This makes six unique colour options, increasing to seven if we break the Baggy Greens goal (and with 20 days and less than $100 to go, I'd say that's pretty likely). For those keeping score at home, if you get the Six Sets perk you can get all seven colours for just $60 delivered to your door Smile

VirralOffline
Post subject: RE: Aussie Block Dice on IndieGoGo  PostPosted: Nov 07, 2012 - 07:52 PM

Australia
Hi all, I've updated the campaign with a host of new goals:

$3300 - Dog Tag Bottleopeners

One of my favourite items I've ever produced for Eucalyptus Bowl is my dog-tag Bottle Opener, made for Euc Bowl 2011. Keeping with the Aussie theme and the Bottecap tokens, I've decided to make a new bottle opener which will be added to all perks at "Three Sets" or above.

You'll also be free to add $5 to either your pledge or via the "Extras Perk" to get more of these awesome bottle openers.

I can't stress this enough, this is a ROUGH DRAFT of the final product, obviously I still need some time to work on the design!!

$3800 - RAINBOW SERPENT

Ever since early on in this process, I really wanted to get a set of multi colour block dice done, but the setup costs were too high compared to standard dice. However, due to the success of this campaign and the size of our order, I've managed to make this work in the existing budget.

If we meet this goal, I will add Rainbow Serpent as a standard colour choice. I will also add free copies to the higher level perks, starting at "Six Sets". This means anyone getting "Six Sets" or higher can continue to get one of each colour on offer.

$4000 - MORE BOTTLECAPS

I've had a very positive initial response to the Beer Bottlecap designs, and so to celebrate hitting $4000 I intend to release a second set of six bottlecaps, this time using inspirating from soft drinks. Check out an early sample of some designs we may use:

If we meet this goal, I will double the current bottlecap allocations for all existing perks, and add one set of bottlecaps to the "Three Sets" perk (you can choose between Beer and Soft Drinks).

$4500 - NEW COLOUR AND MORE DICE CHOICES FOR ALL "CHOSEN COLOUR" SETS

If we manage to get this far, I'll add a new colour combination (I'll update this with an image this evening).

I will also add one extra chosen colour to every perk (more at higher levels) except the Random Set perk. So, if you're getting One Set, you'll get to choose two colours (plus your free Baggy Greens), if you're getting Three Sets you'll get to choose four colours and so on.

$7000 - PAIR OF MATCHING D6 FREE WITH EVERY SET OF BLOCK DICE

Yep, sadly that's the sort of cost involved and this is why I ultimately decided not put the D6 ahead of the other goals listed above.

If we reach this goal, I will add a set of two D6 in matching colours with every single set of block dice, regardless of what level of perk you receive.

WHO GETS WHAT?

And because it's starting to get confusing, here is a chart of who gets what with their pledge.

VirralOffline
Post subject: RE: Aussie Block Dice on IndieGoGo  PostPosted: Nov 12, 2012 - 04:44 PM

Australia
Hello everyone,

Things are going really well over on the Campaign, we've now passed the "Rainbow Serpent" and "Soft Drink Bottlecap" targets. Some perks have extra sets of Rainbow Serpent and Bottlecaps added to the rewards. Here are the Bottlecap designs:

Our next goals are "Uluru Twilight", a Purple dice design at $4500. After that we have "Matching D6" at $7000, which is a maching pair of D6 with every set of Block Dice you get (so each set goes from three dice to five dice total).

We have four possible designs for "Uluru Twilight", and I'll be putting up a survey soon for everyone to vote for their favourite. Here are the options:

And here is an updated chart of rewards, which includes the two upcoming goals (so obviously if we don't reach that goal, the reward is not included in the final perk).

VirralOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 16, 2012 - 02:02 AM

Australia
Nearly at $5000!

Just a smidge over $2000 to go for those free D6 guys, I genuinely think we can manage it!

And as both an encouragement for more contributions AND an opportunity for me to give back to the community as a result of this highly successful campaign, I’ve come up with a simple incentive program to allow contributors to give back to their local tournaments.

It’s this simple:

1) Everyone who contributes at least $36 (Three Sets) can vote for one Tournament at the end of the campaign.

2) Each person can only nominate a single tournament, but higher contributions will count more than lower ones (e.g. if Three Sets is one “vote”, Six Sets is two “votes” etc).

3) Every tournament who gets at least five “votes” will recieve a free gift pack of Aussie Block Dice as prize support. The size of the prize pack will depend on the number of “votes” the tournament receives.

4) Only tournaments which are NAF approved in 2012 are eligible (including tournaments running up until the 31st of December 2012). Before I send the prize support, I will get in contact with the organiser to confirm that the event is running again in 2013.

My hope is that this will be a great way for contributors to score some free gear for a local tournament, and as an organiser myself I know that every bit helps when it comes to providing prizes for my players!

So remember, to vote you’ll need to be contributing at least $36 and at higher contribution levels your vote will count for more Wink

VirralOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 18, 2012 - 07:07 PM

Australia
Just four days left to go, and we are $1600 away from getting free pairs of matching D6 with every set of three Block Dice.

We have recently unlocked Uluru Twilight, our last colour combination for the campaign:

This makes 9 unique colour combinations. Almost all of our perks have been enhanced as a result, with more dice for everyone getting the "One Set" perk or higher.

We are also offered free tournament support, worldwide. Everyone who contributes at least $36 can nominate a tournament, and we will provide them with a free prize pack of dice. Please see the campaign updates page for more details.

VirralOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 19, 2012 - 07:40 PM

Australia
I hate having this big gap between the Uluru Twilight goal and the Free D6. I can afford some of the D6 now, but not all of them... and everyone will have their own favourite colours, so if I (for example) unlocked three of the D6 now, loads people would be unhappy because their colours didn't get picked!

However, everyone is getting at least one set of Baggy Greens. So, as the most universal colour, the exclusive for the campaign AND the most Australia colour of them all... I'm unlocking free D6 for the Baggy Greens immediately.

This means that every set of Baggy Greens will also come with a set of two matching D6. The rest of the D6 remain at the goal of $7000. I really hope we make it that far!

KilowoggyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 19, 2012 - 08:30 PM

Undisclosed
WOO HOO! Awesome job!

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown

VirralOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2012 - 11:10 PM

Australia
Wow everyone, we've reached the goal and unlocked free D6 for everyone!

This means each "set" of Block Dice now includes: 3x Block Dice, 2x D6

We have one final goal to be unlocked, an Australian Tournament Coin from Eucalyptus Bowl at $7750. If we unlock this coin, everyone who is getting a free Bottle Opener will also get a free Coin (so at $36 or $60 you get one free coin, at $90 you get two free coins and at $120 you get three free coins).

If you would like to buy extra coins, you can add $7.50 to your order right now. Even if we don't hit the $7750 goal you'll still get any coins that you buy!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic