NAF Logo
leftstar May 13, 2024 - 04:05 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Norse team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
StimmeOffline
Post subject: Announcing, but failing to execute a pass action  PostPosted: Nov 08, 2012 - 05:49 PM

Germany
Two examples, but pretty much the same question:
I intend to throw a goblin with my troll, declare a pass action, but fail the "really stupid" roll. Am I allowed to try and throw the gob with a second troll? Or does that count as a failed throw attempt?

If anybody would answer "no second try allowed", what about this scenario: The ball is free and the potential thrower is next to a Beast of Nurgle and fails the tentacles roll to get away and pickup the ball. Can I send somebody else to pickup and throw the ball, or is my try burned?

Last edited by Stimme on Nov 08, 2012 - 06:50 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
blammahamOffline
Post subject: RE: Announcing, but failing to execute a throw action  PostPosted: Nov 08, 2012 - 06:31 PM

Canada
No on both accounts, you can only declare a pass action once per team turn, unless you have a special play card "Razzel Dazzel" that allows a second pass action. S.

batcokOffline
Post subject: RE: Announcing, but failing to execute a throw action  PostPosted: Nov 08, 2012 - 08:19 PM

Charlottesville Area
Just like Blitzing with a big guy who fails his Bone Head - you lose the declared action when the player who was going to attempt it fails to do so. In the first case, the failed Really Stupid roll ends the troll's pass action. In the second case, failing to break away from tentacles ends the thrower's pass action.

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Announcing, but failing to execute a throw action  PostPosted: Nov 08, 2012 - 08:40 PM

indeed, you can only announce one pass action a turn, even if you then don't pass / ttm you've still used it up that turn

Jon

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: RE: Announcing, but failing to execute a throw action  PostPosted: Nov 11, 2012 - 08:26 PM

United States of America
If you declare a pass action with the player that is in the grasps of the tentacles and he fails to escape the tentacles can another player still go over and pick up the ball and then go for a hand off?

nod_heroOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Announcing, but failing to execute a throw action  PostPosted: Nov 11, 2012 - 08:45 PM

quietdominator wrote:
If you declare a pass action with the player that is in the grasps of the tentacles and he fails to escape the tentacles can another player still go over and pick up the ball and then go for a hand off?

Pass Action and Hand-off Action are different once per turn events, so yes. (As long as it's a different player trying the pass and the hand-off)

batcokOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Announcing, but failing to execute a throw actio  PostPosted: Nov 12, 2012 - 10:49 PM

Charlottesville Area
Yes, if the player who tries a pass action is held up from completing his action (due to tentacles in the example) then another player can try to make a hand off action and attempt to pick up the ball for that.

@ Nod Hero - The same player could not make both attempts as a single player can only be activated once each turn and can only attempt one action in that activation.

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Announcing, but failing to execute a throw actio  PostPosted: Nov 12, 2012 - 11:09 PM

he said different player in his post...

Jon

batcokOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Announcing, but failing to execute a throw actio  PostPosted: Nov 13, 2012 - 07:32 AM

Charlottesville Area
So he did. It was the 'and' I was commenting on since I was feeling a bit pedantic last night. '(As long as it's a different player trying the pass or the hand-off)' would be more accurate.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic