NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 19, 2024 - 06:12 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Gentleman, start your chainsaws. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabid_BogscumOffline
Post subject: Eucalyptus Bowl 2013 - Sydney (6-7 July)  PostPosted: May 17, 2013 - 02:23 PM

Australia
Hi all,

With less than 2 months till the Creme de la Creme of Australian Blood Bowl, I thought it was about time I put up an official thread about Euc Bowl. Plans have been in the works for this event pretty much since the dust settled on the last one, including a snazzy new website at http://eucbowl.com, Richard has left no stone unturned with this as usual. To reward his hard work over the years, yours truly is nobly stepping up to the plate and running Euc Bowl to allow Virral to play. But rest assured that does not make this tournament a disorganised Boggy shambles, all the behind the scenes stuff and organisation has been looked after by the great man once again. So really I just have to turn up and crack the whip and enter some scores, easy as.

What is it?

Eucalyptus Bowl has been running since 2005 and is the largest tournament in the Southern Hemisphere with 72 players in 2012. It's a Resurrection style tournament, meaning that your roster resets to it's starting value before each game (i.e. any casualties and SPP earned are not carried over).

6 Games over two days, 1.20mil team, maximum of one normal skill per player, inducements except Special Play cards can be bought.

When and where is it?

The tournament is on the 6th and 7th of July at Burwood RSL in Sydney. It's a large venue with lots of free parking and is convenient for public transport, particularly coming in by train to Burwood Station. There are several cheap and cheerful B&B's around for people coming from interstate

What does it cost and how do I register?

Tickets are $40 until the 31st of May, $50 after that. As you can probably imagine upfront costs for running an event of this size are substantial, so where possible it really helps if people can register and pay in advance. To encourage that, anyone who registers and pays for the event prior to the 31st May deadline will receive a Eucalyptus Bowl Blood Bowl Handbook for free in their player gift pack (normally $15).

You can register at http://eucbowl.com, or contact myself or Virral if you have any problems.

Im new to Blood Bowl and don’t have a team to play with... can I still come along?
Why of course you can. You will find the Blood Bowl community to be the best community in the whole damn world. Simply post a request on these forums and Im sure a kind soul will help you out, or better yet why not grab your own team and paint it up quick smart via our .....

What are these group order things I see mentioned... is it true that Euc Bowl started doing them first?
Wow !!! you sure have done your research, Euc Bowl was indeed the first tournament to start this phenomenal deal known as group ordering. Once again we are partnered with a menagerie of Blood Bowl Miniature suppliers. More information can be found here, but it is only available till the 31st May... so get in quick.

Are there any player gifts this year?

Of course.... it wouldn’t be Euc Bowl without a bucket load of gifts.
A full list of Gifts are here

Whats that Awesome Stein all the cool kids are drinking out of? - Euc Bowl Merch!

Merchandise is back again, with a wide variety of goodies to choose from, including the much prized, Euc Bowl boards, don’t make the mistake people did last year and not pre-order one, as they are only made to order. Check out the thread right here with lots of pictures and other details.

Will there be another big Euc Bowl Raffle?

Indeed, Bigger and Better than last year... if that was at all possible. Rumours include...a full team and carry case, and a diorama. Also note, this year is not an exercise in fundraising... but a reward to tournament attendees. Tickets can only be purchased and won at the tournament. No mysterious unknown prize winners this year, you’ll all know exactly who to roll in the carpark. Though if its Redcard... a bit of advice, its probably not worth trying.

The Unlucky Door Prize and the Boggy Hunt

After hugely positive feedback each year, these mini games will be returning in 2013. They're just fun little extras that go alongside the main event and allow players to pick up little prizes as they go. Keep an eye out for separate threads about these events, we'll be introducing some twists to the rules, new prizes and sponsors to keep things interesting.

Team Competition and Grudge Matches

Is there anything worse than travelling to a huge tournament and having to play the guys from your league? Imagine poor Carnage Crew members when they have to play Gnome, or anyone on the planet when they get drawn against Grumpsh! At Eucalyptus Bowl you can register as part of a team and you'll be guaranteed not to play any of your team mates on Day 1. Plus there is a Team Prize for the best team performance (as an average), to win bragging rights for your club or league.

And for the final game of the tournament, players who aren't in the running for a major prize can request a grudge match and duke it out for personal glory.

T/O Eucalyptus Bowl
Sydney, NSW - 13th-14th July
Australasia's Major

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic