NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 02:03 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
That troll is soo stupid rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SlannmannOffline
Post subject: The Realignment of Slann Blitzers and Lottabottol  PostPosted: May 20, 2013 - 11:24 AM

Undisclosed
Hi,
I started playing Blood Bowl when the 3rd Ed edition came out and have recently gotten back into playing the game thanks to my local gaming club. Being into my Amphibians I have always loved the Slann, from when I first saw them in Warhammer 40k and now there is a BB team roster for them I couldn't resist! Now onto the topic of this topic. These are just my thoughts/ ideas for improving their blitzers that i'd thought i'd mention and obv welcome constructive comments

1) BLITZERS
Slann blitzers are the only blitzers that don't come with Block and as we all know blitzers need Block to do their jobs! After playing a league with them I think their skill set should be changed so that they have Block instead of Jump Up. Don't get me wrong, their current skill set fits them perfectly but I just feel as blitzers they should have Block starting off ( like every other team's blitzers ). Initially I would have prefered them to keep Jump Up but then there are several high end positional players ( Eg, Norse Berserkers, Witch Elves ) that possess the skill and to have their individuality and originality, I think Slann blitzers should keep Diving Tackle and lose Jump up for Block ( plus the image of a frog jumping/ flopping forwards is exactly how I image the look of them using Diving Tackle! Very Happy).
I also think that this change would bring them in line with other similar priced, similar skilled players such as Necro werewolves, Norse berserkers, Wardancers and Witch Elves ( 90-120k 7338 area stats and three starting skills ).
So they would look like this : MV 7 ST 3 AG 3 AV 8 Block, Diving Tackle, Leap, Very Long Legs 110,000 GP

2)
LOTTABOTTOL
In a similar way to my thoughts about Slann blitzers I feel Lottabottol should be slightly changed. I would have thought that a Star Player Slann blitzer would have been likely to have an AG increase, or maybe ST, instead he has MV ( but that's not what I think should be changed ). The only passing game I had with my team was mainly Quick Passes between my catchers to build their SPP's. Occasionally i'd do a long pass if it would lead to a TD as most of them ( like Lottabottol ) have the average AG of 3 ( 3-4+ rolls to successfully do things ). Thus I have no idea why Lottabottol was given Pass Block. Slann don't seem to be a throwy Elf play team. They can do it sure, but I don't think it's their main game plan. Surely as Slann blitzers don't come with Block then he would definately get the skill?! But no. Also Catch. Why? I don't get it. He must be the most useless Star Player blitzer ever.
So I suggest that he have Pass Block swapped for just Block and Catch for Dodge. This wouldn't make him particularly unbalanced as his stats are 8338, so he's fast but has average st, ag and av, but he would be a better representation of a star blitzer ( kinda like a weaker, less agile Griff Oberwald! )

A final note with no relevance to his on pitch performance, I hate his name Laughing I would have called him Kroakulkan Very Happy Derrived from ( Lord ) Kroak and the Mayan god ( Ku ) kulkan.

Again these are just my opinions that i'd thought i'd put out there Smile[/b]

Reply with quote Back to top
GaixoOffline
Post subject: RE: The Realignment of Slann Blitzers and Lottabottol  PostPosted: May 20, 2013 - 12:49 PM
Former President

United States of America
The slann team would be better than they ought to be, especially in tournament play, if their blitzers started with Block. Jump Up is still a very useful skill for them, but doesn't have quite as much utility as Block does. The interesting thing about all three of the "new" teams is that they start out with so few basic skills, but have such great potential.

Lottabottol was developed as a Star Player for the lizardmen, and it'strue that he isn't of much use to slann. I don't really get your argument about Pass Block, and I'd prefer to see him with Wrestle rather than Block, but I agree that he could use some fine-tuning.

SlannmannOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2013 - 01:31 PM

Undisclosed
Completely agree with what you say about the blitzers, and I know they are a tier 2 team so are meant to be trickier to play with. Also obv get Block as your first skill choice, but I just find it odd ( and somewhat annoying ) that they don't start with Block like all other blitzers. Would also understand if they were a ST 4 player and didn't have block, cos obv they ST 4!

You say Lottabottol was designed for the Lizardmen? Surely that would indicate that the Slann were soon to be released/ in the pipeline as he has the stats and skills of a Slann blitzer rather than a Skink ( I read they came out in 2007-08 if I remember correctly, and the Lizardmen came out in the Citadel Journal after the first Lizardmen army book was released in early 2000's ). I don't know the time scale between when he was released ( LRB4? ) and when the Slann roster came out in LRB5. He was definately designed to compliment and work well with the Skinks as they are the Lizardmen's throwers/ catchers. Pass Block isn't a bad skill for him, I just don't understand/ get why he wasn't given Block as he is obv more of a blitzer/ defender ( which would lead to him and Slann blitzers in the pipeline needing Block ) so you're ( in my opinion ) not going to use him as a catcher or thrower unless you need to ( Got mixed up with what Pass Block does! Pass Block does suit him and his other skills, so maybe just swap Catch for Block or as in your preference, Wrestle ). Hope i'm managing to make you see where i'm coming from haha

SlannmannOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2013 - 08:20 AM

Undisclosed
Alternatively they could be upgraded to AG 4. Then at least jumping as well as the catchers would somewhat make up for their price and the whole not very good starting blitzer thing

MarcoCacciaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 16, 2015 - 02:15 AM

Why not?
0-2 blitzer 7338 wrestle , diving tackle, leap, vll GAS at 120k
Trading jump up for a wrestle.
Maybe adding:
0-2 thrower 6338 ha il Mary pass, leap, vll GP at 70k

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic