NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 04:57 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
I got my eye on you. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
warspawnedOffline
25 Post subject: Ogre Kingdom Teams  PostPosted: May 31, 2013 - 06:12 AM

United Kingdom
Hi all, I just got back into BB after playing a game at my club last week, unearthing my copy of 3rd Edition with delight. With most games I play I normally always end up writing rules and for BB this generally involves writing up some new teams/players.

I've always liked Ogres - I know there's an Ogre Team, but I felt Ogre Kingdoms might have something different to offer and I know I've got some Gnoblars lurking around somewhere, waiting for an excuse to be dusted and converted.

What do you think Question

0-16 Gnoblars 30,000 5 2 3 6 Right Stuff, Dodge, Stunty, Sneaky Git A GSP

0-6 Ogre Linebulls 140,000 5 5 2 9 Always Hungry, Bone Head, Thick Skull, Mighty Blow, Throw Team-mate S GAP

0-2 Irongut Blockers 150,000 5 5 2 9 Always Hungry, Bone Head, Thick Skull, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Throw Team-mate GS AP

0-1 Gorger 150,000 6 5 1 8 Loner, Always Hungry, Frenzy, Foul Appearance, Mighty Blow, Wild Animal S GAP

0-8 Re-roll counters: 70,000 each

I wanted to have the Ironguts stonger in some way and felt Stand Firm was a better choice to resemble their armoured bodies than Block (which would make them a bit good to start off with) or AV10.

I felt introducing Leadbelchers was too much and Norse already have Yhetees (though they could be included as a 0-1 choice also), but you could have rules for a Slaughtermaster in place of a Wizard, maybe? I gave all the Big Guys 'Always Hungry' as it fits the background and could be quite amusing Very Happy

Reply with quote Back to top
GaixoOffline
Post subject: RE: Ogre Kingdom Teams  PostPosted: May 31, 2013 - 09:35 AM
Former President

United States of America
I think it's much more powerful than the current ogre roster, and overpowered in general. Nine (!) ST5 players and ST2 linemen instead of snotlings.

Dropping it to 0-2 linebulls would be a place to start.

LokiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2013 - 02:49 PM

England
To be honest, I don't see what it really offers over the standard Ogre team for the complications of moving away from a team that is tried and tested and is 'balanced' in the manner that it was designed to be 'balanced'.

warspawnedOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 02, 2013 - 10:49 AM

United Kingdom
@Gaixo - hmmm, I see your point. How about a compromise and drop the Linebulls to 0-4 (it is an Ogre Kingdoms team after all) and give the Ironguts 'Loner' (as they are quite arrogant)? I'd have made Gnoblars S1, but they aren't quite Snotlings, nor Goblins, but something in between. So how about a rule like the following: "Craven" (Extraordinary) - Gnoblars don't like to fight (or to be hit for that matter!) but are far more brazen in numbers (or with the hulking presence of an Ogre at their side). If a Gnoblar makes a block or is blocked without a friendly player in assist then they count as S1 and lose their ability to 'Dodge' as they cower in fear preparing their bodies for the innevitable beating?

It's not that I want to do something 'different' (with 20+ teams it's a bit hard to do anything new), I just want to offer an alternative based upon current WH lore for some friendly home games - it's not as if it's an official rules proposal Wink

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 03, 2013 - 08:32 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      warspawned wrote:
@Gaixo - hmmm, I see your point. How about a compromise and drop the Linebulls to 0-4 (it is an Ogre Kingdoms team after all) and give the Ironguts 'Loner' (as they are quite arrogant)? I'd have made Gnoblars S1, but they aren't quite Snotlings, nor Goblins, but something in between. So how about a rule like the following: "Craven" (Extraordinary) - Gnoblars don't like to fight (or to be hit for that matter!) but are far more brazen in numbers (or with the hulking presence of an Ogre at their side). If a Gnoblar makes a block or is blocked without a friendly player in assist then they count as S1 and lose their ability to 'Dodge' as they cower in fear preparing their bodies for the innevitable beating?

It's not that I want to do something 'different' (with 20+ teams it's a bit hard to do anything new), I just want to offer an alternative based upon current WH lore for some friendly home games - it's not as if it's an official rules proposal Wink

How bout this .... The Gnoblars are more confident if they know an Ogre is close by (and not currently Boneheaded) . Treat any Gnoblar as strength 2 if they are within 3 squares of an Ogre who is not currently suffering from Bonehead. Otherwise they cower and are treated as strength 1.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic