NAF Logo
leftstar May 14, 2024 - 09:38 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Waterbowl are overrated rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject: NFL Rules  PostPosted: Jun 26, 2003 - 07:05 AM

Indigo wrote:
I like these, they limit runaway teams while still allowing a lot of "player enhancement" - i.e. seeing your players advance, which IMO is one of the best parts of BB.

Chet - have you got these written down "formally" anywhere?

I've moved this topic here to the House Rules forum.

---

Yes, we like them, too. Player development and attrition is good; ageing...well, it's a temporary evil, but it's not a necessary one if your rules are working in a particular fashion. Players die in this league, and players turn over, but they do so on the pitch. And they don't do it with the same frequency they did under Vanilla 3E, which was horribly busted in many respects.

Do I have them written down anywhere? Yes, I do. All of my leagues house rules are available at the following URL:

http://www22.brinkster.com/angelli/bloodbowl/

Just click the "Rules" banner in the left-hand navigation column. The rules are all available as separate PDF files. (Mind you, brinkster has a limit per day on these, so I'll be sure to post a copy to another site if you guys complain about timeouts and similar errors.)

Feel free to discuss away.

-Chet

Reply with quote Back to top
IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 26, 2003 - 07:30 AM
Da Warboss

England
your NAF logo is out of date Wink

NAF #60

noodle1978ukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 26, 2003 - 09:07 AM

I'd just like to say having read your rules set - well done.... Not sure about capping spps so quickly - but how often do players get that far Very Happy

A nice simple set of rules revisions. I like it...

Member #2351
Noodle's Tournies

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 26, 2003 - 09:20 AM

In general, I like the rules adapations. Changing things to keep players from getting bonuses to injury should make the game more friendly to low armor and high skilled teams, and I think that's reflected in the composition of the leauge. It seems to be almost entirely made up of 7 armor, and the rules changes would worry me if I was a traditional Orc or Dwarf coach.

With the overall low armor, I'm not sure that the rules revisions would work for a more bashy league.

-Oscar Wilde

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 26, 2003 - 10:59 AM

skummy wrote:
With the overall low armor, I'm not sure that the rules revisions would work for a more bashy league.

In particular, what do you think wouldn't work? I think an Orc team would do just fine with these rules; ditto a Dwarf team. The largest difference on the strength side would be the lack of back-end mods for MB. But MB retains its effectiveness at removing players from the pitch, so I think the difference is minor. (It works for the Ogres, who are definitely not a "finesse" side.)

We might pick up two new coaches next season. I expect them to come in with Undead, Human, or Skaven teams, although they might surprise me. But the Dark Elf coach has the best AV in this league, and he has frequently mentioned a desire to play Dwarves in this environment. Ditto the Norse coach.

-Chet

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic