NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 16, 2024 - 02:33 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Griff fancies Zara! Heard it from Varag..... rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: Mike Kriger memorial Cup "Carol and Max"  PostPosted: Jul 22, 2013 - 10:45 AM

Portugal
Just wanted to give a shout out to the tourney BFG is planning.
In order to help with the rent of the hall that they need for the tourney, he's selling a lovely set of figures ("Max and Carol" from the book and movie), that would do some great "Brick'farth & Grotty" BB Star Players.

Please spare a second reading, and if you will check the TFF thread on this subject (http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38415&hilit=max+carol).
Here it goes:

In honour of our friend, and my cousin, mike, the Thursday Night Heros proudly present MAX and CAROL, the first pair of miniatures for our yearly tournament.
as many here know, mike was killed in action in Afghanistan over 3 years ago. we now honour his memory through our October tourney.
the characters are based on the picture book, WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE. mike and i loved the book, and while talking about what would make great bb players, we agreed that the beasts in the book would be awesome.
the figures were sculpted by rykar, and he is on board to design a new monster from the book each year. to start the ball rolling, rykar has sculpted carol, the wild things "chief" and max, the little boy who went to the island where the wild things made their home.
the set includes Max, Carol and pictured base. figures and base are pewter, and price is $25usd plus shipping. 50 copies were cast of each, and I'm sorry, but i can't break up the sets.
funds from the sale are going to venue rental and down payment for the 2014 figure (douglas). a donation will also be given to pa's fallen soldier fund.
misses bound for glory painted these.

(Edit: I'm having trouble displaying the pic here, so please have a look at it here: http://bloodbowlmayhem.blogspot.pt/2013/07/limited-edition-max-and-carol.html)

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic