NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 11:08 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
It's like chess only... different. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 18, 2013 - 09:51 PM

United States of America
I remember a discussion on Regeneration on this site. The discussion was that the regeneration roll has to be done right after the casualty is rolled. The question was can you wait until the drive was completed to role for Regeneration. The answer was no. I just want to make sure this is correct.
Confused

Reply with quote Back to top
sann0638Offline
Post subject: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 19, 2013 - 01:23 AM
President

England
That is correct, but the rulebook could do with the word "immediately" adding to it, probably.

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 19, 2013 - 08:07 AM

United States of America
sann0638, if I remember correctly after this was said some one came on and said they did not see why this really made a difference. Some one else then explained why it most definitely made a difference. sann0638 could you possible elaborate. I would appreciate it.

GaixoOffline
Post subject: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 19, 2013 - 09:44 AM
Former President

United States of America
I think you're referring to this the thread about teams that have access to regeneration and apothecaries.
http://member.thenaf.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4382
I would assume that this is the main reason the timing was ever changed (Regeneration having formerly been rolled at the same time as knockouts).

It might also be relevant if one wanted to use an Igor, after having had extra time to see how many other injuries were sustained.

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 19, 2013 - 12:14 PM

United States of America
Yes Gaixo I was. I was the one who said there was no difference and I was corrected by Grumbledook. He said "Quote" You have to do both rolls immediately (for apothecary and regen), though perhaps you have a case the rules aren't clear.

It does have an impact on the match when you do them as well. If you waited until the end of the drive your opponent doesn't know which players are coming back and which are sustaining their injuries. Depending on the player in question this may dictate how quickly they decide to score, if your best players were out for the rest of the match for example, they may score earlier knowing your team is going to be weaker the next drive... " Unquote.

Knowing or not knowing if a high ST player is coming back or has a chance to come back influences the way you play. The difference of having to deal with 3 vs 2 high strength players makes a difference. If there is no way a high ST player is coming back then knowing you do not have to go out of your way when there are only 2 on the board. If there is a way that there might be 3 again then it might be better to go out of your way to put another one off the board if you can. It would surly be easier to do this with 2 on the board vs having 3 on the board.

So as far as I am concerned this is important. Also when I first started playing with players with Regeneration and forgot to roll it I was told I was just out of luck because it had to be done immediately.

GaixoOffline
Post subject: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 19, 2013 - 12:18 PM
Former President

United States of America
Oh, I thought you were asking a question. Maybe you should have just presented your case in the first place.

sann0638Offline
Post subject: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 19, 2013 - 12:35 PM
President

England
I think without the word "immediately" it is up to debate, but it seems there is actually little debate, as virtually everyone plays it in the same way (i.e. doing it immediately).

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 19, 2013 - 02:21 PM

United States of America
No debate here. I like to play it as immediately as the rules imply. Unless I am over ruled that is. Thank you SANN0638 and Gaixo for the answer.

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2013 - 10:30 PM

United States of America
I am getting an extreme amount of hostility from the league I am in about this question as to when the regeneration roll has to be made. I need an authority to come on here and say what the official rule is for the game. Because I am totally confused. A year ago I played a game in witch I forgot to roll regeneration. The game was with a long time player in the league I am in. I remembered it a few turns later when another player was cased. I was not allowed to roll regeneration for the one I forgot a few turns earlier. I came on here and asked if it mattered when you rolled Regen. I was told you have to do it immediately. At least that is how I understood what I was told. I accepted it and moved on as a lesson learned. Now I am being told by my commissioner that that was not by any one with credentials in the game. I am also being told by an ex commissioner that it does not matter. So I am totally confused. Also apparently saying that is how it is called in tournaments does not work either. Unless maybe you mention the tournaments it was called and used in as having to be immediately. I thought the question was settled when I came on here and got the answer that it had to be rolled immediately. But apparently no one believes it who is in authority in my league. Why they did not tell me this a year ago I do not know.

The question is point blank: Do you have to roll for Regeneration immediately after the casualty is rolled or can you wait a few turns or even until just before the set up for the next drive. I also apparently need an answer from some one with credentials in the game. To answer the question. Thank you.

VerrinhoOffline
Post subject: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 25, 2013 - 04:14 AM

Italy
In the rules it is stated that you have to roll for regeneration "after the roll on the casualty table and after any apothecary roll, if allowed." so there's no point of discussion on that Smile
on top of that it is written that "on a 4-6 the player will heal the injury after a short period of time to re-organise himself, and IS PLACED ON THE RESERVES BOX INSTEAD."

Wink

sann0638Offline
Post subject: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 25, 2013 - 05:43 AM
President

England
@quietdominator - can I suggest the commissioner asks the question? I don't think anyone on these various threads or TFF is suggesting that the regen roll can be taken later. This is never how it is played in NAF tournaments (in my experience) or in any league, Fumbbl, or I would guess Cyanide too. What is the debate?

If the commish wanted to make it that the regen roll could happen any time during the drive, I would think this would be a house rule.

Darkson
Post subject: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 25, 2013 - 07:26 AM

Undisclosed
+1 to what sann0638 said.
And I'd also add in that the rule book says the commissioner's rule is final, so if your commish has decided to deviate from the rules on this (or anything else) they can do.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 25, 2013 - 09:35 AM

United States of America
sann0638 my commissioner suggested I ask the question and give the story as I see it. I do not think he is trying to make a house rule. He said he thinks it can be rolled at any time and that there is no impact on the game when it is rolled. He said that is how he reads the rules. If he is miss reading the rules he will change his mind. So it is a question of the rule not the commissioners power to change the rule. He just said I need a person with some credential in Blood Bows to answer the question to make it official. So that is what I am doing.

quietdominatorOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 25, 2013 - 09:51 AM

United States of America
      verrinho wrote:
In the rules it is stated that you have to roll for regeneration "after the roll on the casualty table and after any apothecary roll, if allowed." so there's no point of discussion on that Smile
on top of that it is written that "on a 4-6 the player will heal the injury after a short period of time to re-organise himself, and IS PLACED ON THE RESERVES BOX INSTEAD."

Wink

Verrinho that is the point of discussion. How long after can you wait to roll. I agree it implies immediately but it does not say that. So you can wait for as long as you want just as long as it is done after. At least that is what I am being told in the league. Now do you under stand my confusion.

sann0638Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Regeneration  PostPosted: Oct 25, 2013 - 09:57 AM
President

England
OK, so the answer is that no-one in Blood Bowl world (unless they post here otherwise) plays that you can wait before doing the regeneration roll. I wrote the rules clarifications document on thenaf.net, which tries to bring together all the possible areas of debate and clarify them. This has never come up before. The only final answer can come from GalakStarscraper on TFF, whose word is usually taken as the final answer. I have sent him a PM. Once he answers I will add it to the Clarifications document, which hopefully your commissioner will accept if he doesn't take this thread as argument enough.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic