NAF Logo
leftstar May 18, 2024 - 08:57 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Norse team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject: BB Grandstand  PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 - 11:27 AM

If you're familiar with American football, you may have heard of the "Black Hole," the infamous South End Zone in Oakland's Coliseum. Every Sunday in the Black Hole is Halloween for the most die-hard Raiders fans, and you literally take your life into your hands if you show up wearing the visiting team's colors.

I'm looking to create a "Black Hole" grandstand for my Chaos Pact team (not coincidentally named the "Northland Raiders"). Because it's a mixed-race team, I can use any of the following races for fans:

* Skaven
* Goblin
* Orc
* Chaos
* Norse

Of course, I'm also interested in the odd Daemon sitting in the crowd, the enemy Dark Elf getting pitched through a wall, etc.

Ok. So where do you, the reader, fit in? I'm looking for suggestions for particular models that YOU think will look good in such a setting. They can be cheerleading, daydreaming, brawling, spying, whatever! Suggestions are great - "Get a barmaid," "Have a Goblin looking up some girl's skirt," etc. - but I'd really like suggestions for particular models that will fill the bill.

For example, I have an extra Rotter #1 and Rotter #3, both of whom would make good assistant coaches or fans. Saying, "Hey, check out Nurgle's Rotters for some figs" is helpful, but saying, "Check out Rotter #1 and Rotter #3, they'd look at home off the field" is even better.

I thank you in advance for all your help, and I promise updates and pictures when this project is done Smile

Cheers!

-Chet

Reply with quote Back to top
TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 - 11:35 AM

I should add that simple conversion is not an issue! So it's a big help to know that "Fig. X is a Black Orc in a cheering stance, just snip off his axes and you're all set," or that "Fig. Y would look cool chopped in half with his lower end protruding from a barrel." Similarly, WH and 40K are both fair game, as are Mordheim and similar models. (And yes, Shadowforge and similar figures are also good.)

Thanks again!

-Chet

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 - 01:40 PM

Undisclosed
You could use the old Nurgle figures from the Palaquin - ready made cheering fans Smile

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 - 01:40 PM

Undisclosed
Plus the new Slaan figure, suitably painted of course Wink

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 - 02:34 PM
Da Warboss

England
loads and loads of dwarf figures are suitable, including mental slayers wielding two weapons. Also, their cannon crew are good too. One of them is waving a flag and I've used two as line judges for mine.

NAF #60

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 06, 2004 - 06:30 PM

Eveer get this one done? Just curious as I was going to do something similar with my nurgling stadium...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic