NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 10:04 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Danish team - Eurobowl Drinking Champions rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ManuelOffline
Post subject: Pitch Invasion & Touchback  PostPosted: Aug 22, 2014 - 12:23 PM

Spain
Hi there!

A couple of days ago a guy asked something in Facebook which I found rather interesting. What would happen if a Pitch Invasion occurs in a Kick-off, all the receiving players are proned, and the ball bounces out of the pitch?

According to the LBR6 (I haven't the CRP right now), the player "MUST give the ball to any player in his team". What happens when there is no available player for that? (There could still be people with "no hands", of course).

A lot of people laughed and said that was soooooooo extremely unlikely... but it can still happen. I had to field 2 players once (and scored in 2 turns, yeah!), and if my opponent had had +2 FAME, it could have easily been the case.

In tabletop game, I guess the most normal decision would be placing the ball on a proned player, and make it bounce as if he had failed the pick-up roll (although this is not the idea of handing the ball to the receiving team because of a bad kick). But still, what I wonder here is, how would Fumbbl handle this situation?.

Let me know what you think about that!

Reply with quote Back to top
AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: Pitch Invasion & Touchback  PostPosted: Sep 07, 2014 - 02:44 AM

Portugal
As you mention, it's unlikely, but possible.
I agree with you on the table top option.
Quoting the LRB "(...) the receiving coach is awarded a "touchback"and must give the ball to any player in his team", and truth be told, despite being prone it still is your player.

As for FUMBBL, maybe you can get a quicker answer from their crew in the FUMBBL forum.
And then keep us updated!
Smile

Cheers,
A.

Darkson
Post subject: RE: Pitch Invasion & Touchback  PostPosted: Sep 07, 2014 - 11:54 AM

Undisclosed
Answered in 2009 Wink : http://member.thenaf.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4796

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic