NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 01:56 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Gentleman, start your chainsaws. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jeremiah_of_SPROffline
Post subject: Bombardier Questions  PostPosted: Sep 02, 2014 - 07:55 AM

United States of America
Hello Coaches:

I'm starting to use a bombardier and had a few questions.

1.) Can you throw a bomb to a teammate with the intention that they will catch it and then they throw it again? My thought process was that if the bombardier wanted to throw the bomb a great distance then they pass it to a teammate with a higher AG for better accuracy.

2.) Someone told me that it was ruled that even if the bomb lands in a square adjacent to someone on your team that it would still result in a turnover even if a 4+ is not rolled for your teammate. The rule states that teammates who are "knocked down" will cause a turnover, so I'm not sure I agree with that since they wouldn't be knocked down. Thoughts?

3.) Do you have to roll a 4+ against players already knocked down who are in squares adjacent to where the ball lands before rolling for armour? My interpretation was that you didn't because the rule says they are already treated as knocked down which tells me you would just roll for armour.

All input is welcome and greatly appreciated!

Reply with quote Back to top
blammahamOffline
Post subject: RE: Bombardier Questions  PostPosted: Sep 02, 2014 - 10:38 AM

Canada
I don't have my rule book on me at the moment but I'll take a stab at it.

1.) yes, bit it is a riskier play than I'd make.

2.) you are right, that's not a turnover, unless it knocks over your player.

3.) I think you still have to 4+ to see if the bomb hits the player on the ground, but is need to read the rule book to be sure of this one. S.

Darkson
Post subject: RE: Bombardier Questions  PostPosted: Sep 03, 2014 - 01:44 PM

Undisclosed
From Bombardier:
When the bomb finally does explode any player in the same square is Knocked Down, and players in adjacent squares are Knocked Down on a roll of 4+.

Players can be hit by a bomb and treated as Knocked Down even if they are already Prone or Stunned.

#1 Yes you can, but it might explode on them.
#2 As per the first underlined line - if they're not Knocked Down (roll 1-3) how can it be a turnover? Your "someone" is wrong.
#3 Answered directly in the rules in the 2nd underlined line, and the in the Injuries section: "Unless the rules state otherwise, any player that is Knocked Down may be injured." - the Bomb rules don't state otherwise, so roll for armour.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

GaixoOffline
Post subject: RE: Bombardier Questions  PostPosted: Sep 04, 2014 - 09:25 AM
Former President

United States of America
The someone was me, but it was just miscommunication. I said that it was a turnover if your player is "hit" by the bomb. By "hit" I meant "knocked down," as opposed to just being within the area of effect. I was only trying to convey that the "technical" knockdown caused a turnover as well as an armor roll.

Jeremiah_of_SPROffline
Post subject: RE: Bombardier Questions  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 - 06:50 AM

United States of America
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm now going to be on the lookout to throw bombs at players already on the ground since a 4+ isn't required prior to the armour roll.

LokiOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Bombardier Questions  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 - 09:47 AM

England
      Jeremiah_of_SPR wrote:
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm now going to be on the lookout to throw bombs at players already on the ground since a 4+ isn't required prior to the armour roll.

Just to be clear, you still need the 4+ before rolling armour unless the bomb lands on the square of the player who is prone.

I think there are two things being dicussed here:
1. If a player on the ACTIVE team is Knocked Down, then it's a turnover; a player on the active team can be 'Knocked Down' even if they are prone or stunned,
2. is a prone player in the adjcacent square to a landing bomb 'Knocked Down'; only on 4+, same as if they were on their feet and only then do you roll the armour and cause a turnover (if the player was from the active team).

EDIT: Reading back I just want to be clear on what my reading of the rules is: the second line "Players can be hit by a bomb and treated as Knocked Down even if they are already Prone or Stunned" is qualifying the first line ...players in adjacent squares are Knocked Down on a roll of 4+; its not to be read on its own i.e. it's saying don't ignore players on the ground they still have the possibility of being hit NOT players on the ground are automatically hit. Hope that helps.

Darkson
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Bombardier Questions  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 - 12:22 PM

Undisclosed
What Loki said.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic