NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 29, 2024 - 02:41 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
A knee in the groin is worth two in the face. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SBGOffline
Post subject: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Aug 19, 2014 - 06:13 PM

Canada
(Sticky Please)

Oh la la ! Mais oui ! Bonjour de nouveau !

A Blood Bowl tourney in a French neighborhood? Yes sir! Oui monsieur !

It's the second edition of the Four Nations Cup! To be held at Le Chevalier gaming store, located at 516 Boul. Lacombe, Repentigny J5Z 1P6 (30 minutes East of downtown Montreal), on October 4th and 5th.

Popol le Bleu, the official wizard of the Ligue des Quatre Nations, our tabletop league, thinks he didn't mess up enough games at last year's tourney, so he decided to put on another one! Hence, Four Nations Cup II, where he plan to again wreck havoc on the pitch!

Here are the rules for this NAF sanctionned tourney:

- Five games of Blood Bowl, Swiss style, on two days and fun to remember all your life!
- CRP rules;
- All CRP teams, plus three additional approved teams for NAF play;
- Painted teams only (though no points for painting them... but make an effort!)

TEAM CREATION:

- 115 Starting TV, minimum of 11 players, Star players, Apo and skills (bought at regular price) allowed;
- No limitations on number of REGULAR skills per player (no doubles!!) at start of tourney (that means if you want a Mighty Blow, Piling On, Guard, Grab, Tackle human blitzer on your team, you can. But he needs to fit within 115 TV);
- This a resurrection tourney, but players value increase with skills;
- Inducements possible because of value increase (one game only played with inducements last year;

FOUR NATIONS CUP SPECIAL RULES:

- Popol le Bleu, estranged wizard of the Four Nations League, is mad and wants to disturb the league's first tourney, so he'll be available to each team for one use throughout the tourney (meaning: everybody gets one use of a wizard whenever he wants during the tourney);
- After each game, each coach selects a player on his team, then rolls on the skill increase table;

TARDY RULE:

- If you arrive before the scheduled start time you will receive a small reward for each day
- Saturday will give you a skill change, usable after either one of the Saturday games (you thought Tackle would be usefull on that lineman but would rather go with Block instead? Go ahead!);
- Sunday will give you 2 free fan factors

AWARDS:
- 1ST , 2ND , 3RD
- Most TD’s
- Best Defense
- Most CAS’s
- Best team
- Best sportmanship
- Tourney MVP: after each game, you select an opposing player who was the MVP of the game. At the end of tourney, players who get the most votes wins this.

EXTRA RULES
- There will be no overtime, all games finish after the 16 turns EXCEPT FOR GAME #1 OF ROUND #5. This one needs a winner.
***OVERTIME RULE:***
- CRP rule for OT, except that receiving team sets up first

- 4 minute turns
- Swiss style pairing throughout the weekend
- Game play points: Win 3, Tie 1, Loss 0
- Tie breaker:
Direct game vs
TD differential;
CAS differential;

How much will it cost?
It will cost you 50 $ for the tourney. What do you get for this amount? Here:

- NAF membership if you are not already one (40$ if member or no need to renew);
- Fun;
- NAF dice;
- More fun;
- Lunch and soft drinks/water for both days;
- The chance to meet geeks like me, Bisons Després (Chris) and the one and only Popol le Bleu (Rich);
- Did I mention fun?
- A few prizes / surprises.

***Due to real life getting in the way of leisurely living, I couldn't get a custom made mini this year. But I did get a token/flipcoin made in time.***

WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Your painted team;
- Pitch, dice, pencil, clean clothes!
- Glue and paints to repair some nicks and chips;
- BE THERE AT 8:30 Am SATURDAY MORNING FOR REGISTRATION!!!

If you have any question or want to register, you can do it here, or at freddaigle75 (at) gmail (dot) com.

We want to make it to 10 players this year! REGISTER!!! Smile

Fred

1- SBG (Fred - odd man out)
2- Buffalo_Chris
3- Rando
4- ManZ (Defending Champ)
5- Zap_Rowsdower
6- Bellowthunderslam
7- Runki Khrum
8- L3athaIK
9- jrock56
10- (Francis Joyal - New Member !!)
11- (Astéflix)
12- (Roman)
13-
14-
15-
16-

Edit: (Bracketted names in the maybe column for now)

Last edited by SBG on Oct 02, 2014 - 01:14 PM; edited 14 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Aug 20, 2014 - 09:53 AM

Canada
Woot woot, the return of Popol Le Bleu

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Aug 20, 2014 - 07:46 PM

Canada
But where are the registered participants??? Smile

Rando
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Aug 24, 2014 - 07:20 PM

Canada
Here's one.

I played underworld last year, not sure what I'll take this year. Actually, I think I won something last year ... best sportsmen maybe? As yes, it was the year of the Skitter. Good times!

R.

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Aug 25, 2014 - 06:27 AM

Canada
Another weekend with my kids....so if I show it will be at the last minute thing....

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Aug 26, 2014 - 06:10 AM

Canada
Sweet Rando! Best Sportsman is right! And you had a sweet looking team too!

Manuel (ManZ) the champ has also confirmed his presence! And then there were four... Smile

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Aug 29, 2014 - 05:11 PM

Canada
Dan, isn't it time for your kids to learn to play Blod Bowl? They should be old enough by now! Smile

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Sep 02, 2014 - 12:15 PM

Canada
LOL...

My oldest son plays abit and my youngest son would liek to play but is not ready yet. My daughter has no intention of playing the game. She likes to paint the figs though.

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Sep 05, 2014 - 07:10 AM

Undisclosed
I'm in. Just confirmed my time off from work.

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Sep 05, 2014 - 07:53 AM

Undisclosed
Oh yeah, almost forgot. Does anyone have a couch that I can surf on the Saturday night?

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 - 06:40 PM

Canada
Sweet! As for the couch, let me doublecheck: wifey's mother is often home during weekends.

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 - 06:42 PM

Canada
Come on Ottawa crew! You afraid of the Frenchies? Smile

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Sep 10, 2014 - 06:23 AM

Canada
Looks like I may have a chance to make it now, will see what I can manage. A place to crash would greatly help my chances of affording the trip.

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Sep 10, 2014 - 04:59 PM

Canada
Great to hear that Mark! Unfortunately, it seems my mother-in-law will be crashing my guest room that weekend... I know it's not free, but Au Doc Motel is relatively close by and their rates are quite good. Maybe sharing a room with Pat?

http://www.audocmotel.com/prix.php

Fred

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des 4 Nations II / 4 Nations Cup II  PostPosted: Sep 10, 2014 - 05:07 PM

Canada
FYI: Last year, I had posted this regarding hotels nearby:

Au Doc (audocmotel.com) 70$
Pignons Rouges (pigonsrouges.com) 75$
Motel Capri (motelcapri.com) 80$
Hotel Charlemagne (hotel-charlemagne.com) 81$
Motel Derfal (motelderfal.com) 90$
Super 8 Lachenaie (super8.com) 100$

The Super 8 is the most expensive, but he's well located, near a lot of restaurants, super centre, etc. Au Doc is where a lot of minor sports team reside for tournaments.

Look at their address and Le Chevalier's address, you'll see they're all close by!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic