NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 29, 2024 - 03:39 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Zombie pass for the win! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MightyZukOffline
Post subject: What is the benefit/responsibility of the league director?  PostPosted: Jun 03, 2015 - 04:05 PM

United States of America
I read the NAF minutes and was intrigued by this concept. With leagues often being left to the commissioners and often there are vast differences in rulesets between each instance, what would the responsibility of the league director be? Is it just the development of the league registration site? Maintenance of league maps?

Some additional ideas that pop into my head (not that I'm volunteering):
- Regional and/or national and/or worldwide newsletters featuring news and fluff pieces from leagues
- Capturing league rule sets to make things easier for league commissioners
- Tools for league commissioners
- Work with OBBLM coders on coming out with a schedule for changes to the software
- Manage relationship with current hosts of NAF OBBLM site
- Possibly sponsor interleague meets (may require funds for awards?)
- Form regional world cups? (Concept we are toying with in NYC area. These are tournaments, but invite only based on league membership. They could be for teams that are useable in leagues depending on commissioner buy-in)

Reply with quote Back to top
sann0638Offline
Post subject: RE: What is the benefit/responsibility of the league directo  PostPosted: Jun 05, 2015 - 05:53 AM
President

England
More information here: http://member.thenaf.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6551&highlight=

Maybe pop your ideas there - I like them!

GaixoOffline
Post subject: RE: What is the benefit/responsibility of the league directo  PostPosted: Jun 05, 2015 - 06:00 AM
Former President

United States of America
You know, Marc, I'm not sure that it's especially well defined at the moment. In many ways, the election process could act as a sort of referendum on what the membership would like to see from the League Director.

The first League Director (who was appointed, not elected) had a concept, which was built around OBBLM and a certain level of standardization between leagues, with the goal of an eventual "Champions League" (which is probably more apt than "World Cup" here).

Is that the best way to go? Is that what members want from a league system? I would expect the Q+A portion of the election to provide a bit of clarity on the subject. (Or maybe it will just become more complicated as more ideas are added.) It will be an exciting post to hold, that's for sure.

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: What is the benefit/responsibility of the league directo  PostPosted: Jun 05, 2015 - 08:24 AM

Canada
Yeah, I would like to see where this leads. Its intriguing to see NAF grow into not just tournaments, and what GeneralJason had started seemed to be on the right course. But yes, maybe the election of the position will get some more ideas. Leagues are so vast, I love reading about other leagues, and even their custom rules and such. Our league has alot of North American sports leagues influence, but I would love to see what other leagues throughout the community do to add some flavor.

OBBLM is a god send, I have been using it for 4 years in both my leagues, I would love the see one feature added. A way to have all coaches divided into "divisions" like they do in NA professional sports.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic