NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 19, 2024 - 02:34 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fend. LOL. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
medaloffairnessOffline
Post subject: SPP for injured players - idea f  PostPosted: May 20, 2023 - 02:18 PM

Hi NAF-members,

I came up with an idea recently and would like to hear your thoughts.

1. Issue
At least I see it as a barrier of entry that you can have a BB game and nuffle hates you, you get outnumbered and soon your injury box gets filled with players, some of them never being able to come boack.
After 2 hours the beating is over, you lost, 2-0 or even worse, got the MVP, lost 2-3 players for god and your next league match won`t be a piece of cake anymore.

2. Proposal
I would honor the commitment of the players and give them 1 SPP as soon they go into the injury box.

3. Impact
From my point of view it will allow titchy teams to progress better.
It will give an incentive to players to still commit players to the opponent team, even though they are outnumbered.
Alll the AV6-7 teams would benefit from it in league play. I wouldn`t think it will make them broken, but most likely players will progress which normally don^t progress at all or at a very slow pace. Assasins, Bombers, Linos....

4. What about the Lore of BB
Well, SPP for injured players makes much more sense than providing a thrower an SPP dependent on somebody else catching the ball. The injured player was standing tall against the treemans, Blackorks, Rat Ogres... or tried to GFI to reach the endzone and ... splash...

Let me know Smile constructive feedback is always welcome. BB has seen some crazy rule changes in the past years. my biggest concern is how to keep new players at the table Smile

Reply with quote Back to top
DirkOffline
Post subject: RE: SPP for injured players - idea f  PostPosted: May 21, 2023 - 07:47 AM

Germany
Interesting idea, Necromunda has a similar mechanism.

1xp will not make up for missing the next game, but be better than nothing.

Who would you handle Regeneration or even simplier use of the Apothecary?

medaloffairnessOffline
Post subject: RE: SPP for injured players - idea f  PostPosted: May 21, 2023 - 12:16 PM

Thank you, Good question,

the rule for SPP based on injuries could be - Every player who remains in the injury box during the end of game sequence gains 1 SPP.

This would deal with regenartion and apos (which is a choice to use by the coach)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic