NAF Logo
leftstar May 15, 2024 - 02:52 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Deathwing is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AxtklingeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2008 - 02:55 AM

Portugal
      hitomikitage wrote:
I haven't based them yet, and I am not a spectacular painter, but they look good and very much like a BB team.
Thanks,
Howard

Dont forget to post a couple of pics when you're done with them!
It could help to inspire many of us!

I've got a couple of converted plastic teams myself:
A Nurgle one (pic below) made with plastic CW (the first plastic edition I think), the rotters are mostly bits from empire leftovers, and 2 of the beasts are converted, one from the current plastic sprue, and other from the first plastic beastmen editions (the ones with halberds and shields. This team has a couple of metal minis (and some green stuff) for variety sake.

A human "Samurai" team, (pic below), made with plastic bretonian sprues, and some empire bits (with lots of green stuff).
The Ashigaru (black "hat" with gold team logo) are the linemen, the samurai (with body armour) are the blitzers, the ninja (mostly dressed in black) are the catchers and the shinobi (the one with a "straw basket" in the head) is the thrower. The big one (sumo wrestler) is obvioulsy the ogre. They're next to the league trophy they won that year.

I've got a skaven team converted from the skaven plastic sprue (the acutal one), with metalic gutter runners and ogre (converted too), but I cant seem to find the pics right now.

Hope you like 'em.

Cheers
Axt

Last edited by Axtklinge on May 28, 2008 - 04:07 AM; edited 2 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
El_hombreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2008 - 03:38 AM

Belgium
I've got a finished goblin team converted out of 1 WH regiment box (apart from the head coach; from the same box but unfinished).

and a chaos team (the beastmen from a H box also), but that's a project waiting untill I have some time...

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2008 - 11:44 PM

United States of America
A human "Samurai" team,

totally awesome

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 29, 2008 - 11:47 PM

United States of America
after I finish my gobbos (to be seen at Zlurpee where I am brining back a trophy baby!) I have collected most of the bits for my orcs
the orc heads from the 40K plastic orks
the fantasy plastic orc bodies
space marine shoulderpads
I am still figuring out the blackorcs (suggestions welcome)

davorokOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2008 - 02:34 PM

Gothenburg
well im thinking about doing some woodelves in plastic but im not quite sure what to use... i think i might go for dryads as linemen...and then try and convert me some catchers, wardancers and throwers.....

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 01, 2008 - 02:31 AM

Portugal
I'm planning on going for a "mostly" plastic WE team too (I'll just use metalic wardancers from fantasy), using the plastic glade guard regiment...

Cheers
Axt

Temujin71Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2008 - 05:46 PM

United States of America
I took some plastic dwarf warriors and old orc standards (the bull head) and some old plastic night goblins and a mino and made a chaos dwarf team

they're inspired by the houston texans, but unlike the texans, they have actually had a winning season

(this pic is from a tourney, the chaos team is not mine)

I'm currently working on adding some old bull cents with the ogre curved horn skull standard

AzraelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2008 - 05:36 AM

Sheffield, UK

I got 3 teams out of 1 skink box, 1 saurus box, 4 old temple guards and 4 chameleon skinks.
Just a shame I had to pay quite a bit for the kroxigors for the teams Sad

vomitbrownOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 20, 2008 - 09:00 PM

Jacksonville,FL

Im currently working on converting a box of 4 Orcs from the Warhammer Fantasy Game into the 2 Black Orcs and 2 Blitzers that I need to complete the Orc team that comes in the Black Orc box-set.
Afterwards I want to convert some Dwarfs from the fantasy game into a mean Blood Bowl team. Has any of you done this before? Got any advice for a newbie BB coach?

vomitbrownOffline
Post subject: Re: how many palstic BB teams can you make?  PostPosted: Nov 16, 2008 - 07:28 AM

Jacksonville,FL

[quote=\"renuvin\"]i have set myself a task. to create a blood bowl team , almost, purely out of the plastic regiment boxes available.

SKAVEN. 1 box has made me gutter runners (with fighting claws to help catch the ball), a thrower and storm vermin. i have added a metal thrower (a converted warlock) and storm vermin (clanrat champion) but purely cuz i had the figures spare. seeing you get alot of rats in a box, i am working on coaching staff too.

[/quote]

I\'ve been thinking about converting a box of Skaven into a Blood Bowl team, but I was always worried I was going to spend way more money having to buy different Warhammer Fantasy boxes in order to get the right models. For example, I was afraid that I would have to buy the Clan Rat regiment box as well as a Gutter runners set in order to easily differentiate between the two types of rats on the pitch.
I was wondering about the amount of conversion it took you to turn the Fantasy miniatures into a blood bowl team.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: how many palstic BB teams can you make?  PostPosted: Nov 16, 2008 - 11:12 AM

Canada
[quote=\"vomitbrown\"]
I\'ve been thinking about converting a box of Skaven into a Blood Bowl team, but I was always worried I was going to spend way more money having to buy different Warhammer Fantasy boxes in order to get the right models. For example, I was afraid that I would have to buy the Clan Rat regiment box as well as a Gutter runners set in order to easily differentiate between the two types of rats on the pitch.
I was wondering about the amount of conversion it took you to turn the Fantasy miniatures into a blood bowl team.[/quote]

There are a couple of guys on ebay sellers you should look int. One sells just the bits (arms, legs, heads) all separately, and the other sells individual models. This is great for getting those one or two figs to avoid having to buy the whole box set.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: how many palstic BB teams can you make?  PostPosted: Nov 18, 2008 - 05:34 PM

yer the seller is called hoard o bits (for the seperate parts, batches of the same part tho, ie heads, legs etc)

Jon

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: how many palstic BB teams can you make?  PostPosted: Nov 18, 2008 - 07:15 PM

Canada
      Grumbledook wrote:
yer the seller is called hoard o bits (for the seperate parts, batches of the same part tho, ie heads, legs etc)

Thanks for the GD. The other one is called Blackdagger Games

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

spenconianOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 06, 2009 - 03:24 AM

Denmark

Quote:

has anyone else tried this? it is a cheaper way of making a team, and adds alot of uniqueness to them. it also has the feel good factor cuz you put alot of effort into a team like this

I'm currently working on a Chaos team with plastic beastmen and chaos chosen for warriors.
The plastics are a joy to work with, but definitly get at good saw for the metal guys.

As far as High Elves (my favourite team, by the way) go, I would'nt recommend going with the plastics. One of my friends built a team from the regiment boxes, and it just does'nt look that great, sorry to say.
But hey, if you got some good ideas go for it! I just think there are other teams better suited for plastification!

By the way, this is my first post so hello to everybody! Very Happy

Mr_SmigsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2009 - 05:55 PM

Phoenix, AZ
i found that with a little work, 40k Catachans worked well as a Norse/Human team...

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic