NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 01:03 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bonehead. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
When should our target date be?
August 31, 2003
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
September 30, 2003
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
October 31, 2003
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
November 30, 2003
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
December 31, 2003
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 22

Melifaxis
Post subject: NAF Legacy Timetable  PostPosted: Jul 15, 2003 - 07:47 AM

United States of America
Feel free to post the reasoning behind your decision below.

Cool

I don't want anyone to be rushed.

I could work with any of these deadlines, but let's see what you all think.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Reply with quote Back to top
BlanchPrezOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2003 - 08:01 AM

I voted November because I wanted to give myself enough time to properlly paint this figure, and because I also wanted it to be a different timeframe than the TBB team. However, October would work as well, if there's a real chance we can get this team in the BB Mag.

Chris

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2003 - 08:12 AM
Da Warboss

England
I voted September - it's 1 mini and it would be great to get it into BB mag in time for the December release. It will also motivate people... All we need to do is paint our mini then send it to Andy H. he judges and assuming there are enough minis returned by the deadline it goes in BB mag - if not he keeps it until it's done. But at least we have a tight deadline to work to get us motivated!

NAF #60

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2003 - 09:46 AM
Former President

England
      Indigo wrote:
I voted September - it's 1 mini...

And on TBB you voted November but want it earlier, despite 14 of 24 so far voting for the longest deadline of Jan.
Now you might be happy to bash out a legacy team fig every coupla of months or so, but not everybody has that kind of time. I've got the time, but I'm not really a prolific painter, and that kind of commitment represents a significant percentage of my painting hours.
IMO this kind of thing should be for the entertainment and reward for those contributing, not about cracking whips and rushed deadlines.
Everybody should have enough time to paint their legacy figs in and around anything else they might be doing at the time, and more importantly it's about taking time and pleasure in your specific contribution as opposed to rushing to a deadline.
Personally, I want the max time that I can have, both to do the best job that I can and to take the most pleasure from my efforts by being able to pick and choose when I want to paint the piece.

Just be patient, bashing out a 'legacy' team every few months is madness and any appeal will quickly pall. I'll certainly do both this one and the (2nd) TBB one as I've already committed to both, but if this goes the way of one by Sept and one by Oct they'll be the last ones I do.

MattRobsonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2003 - 11:02 AM

er ........ what deathwing said Very Happy

I agree with Mr Wing, im snowed under at work, have a huge pile of minis to paint, and realy realy want this to be a good mini!

Just Started the conversion work on this one! But what the hell do i know you boys tell me when u want the mini and ill do it for then Cool

aerofoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2003 - 11:17 AM

United States
C'mon guys, it's only 1 model... a month is more than enough time to fit it in! Even a slow poke like me who takes 3+ months to paint a team of 12 can get one done in that time. I will vote for the september date, however just for those who can't get off SWG long enough to paint one model, lol!

triplepow.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2003 - 11:18 AM

United States of America
      aerofool wrote:
C'mon guys, it's only 1 model... a month is more than enough time to fit it in! Even a slow poke like me who takes 3+ months to paint a team of 12 can get one done in that time. I will vote for the september date, however just for those who can't get off SWG long enough to paint one model, lol!

How did you know SWG was slowing me down?!? Embarassed

Wink

aka Rob (NAF #248)
Founder of the GCLU

aerofoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2003 - 11:20 AM

United States
cause it's slowing me down as well. If it weren't for me sharing my account with my wife I would not get anything done at all!

triplepow.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2003 - 11:39 AM

United States of America

aka Rob (NAF #248)
Founder of the GCLU

TorporOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2003 - 03:07 PM

Undisclosed
I voted for September but could work with any of the deadlines.
The progress of markers is as follows:
Score Marker - pile of skulls base, pole with snotling tied to it, greenstuff ball are all painted and ready to be glued onto a 25mm square base. I want to add a NAF shield to it as well.

Turn marker - raven atop signpost (painted 'Turn') is completed. Thinking of 'other bits' to add to 25mm base to go with it.

Am waiting for a GW mail order to come in to get a couple of shields to paint up with NAF logo to attach onto various bases. Am not too concerned about what NAF logo gets chosen as am thinking of painting an old style, a current style and whatever is decided upon for a spectrum of NAF logos across assorted markers. That way most everyone will be pleased (or annoyed) about something. Rolling Eyes

I currently plan to do 4-5 Team reroll markers and a Leader reroll using bats and rats from the WFB swarm packs along with coffin lids, gravestones and skulls all on 25mm square bases. However, I may work up the enthusiasm depending upon time to do up to 8 of them. The parts are on my paint table but I haven't done anything with them.

As I paint the markers to take a break from painting other figures and I paint slowly, I am going at a leisurely pace. That can change according to what timeframe gets decided. Cheers
-Torpor

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2003 - 10:17 PM

Undisclosed
I voted for December, as painting is a real bind for me, so I'm hoping this (and the TBB one) will kick-start me. Also, I'm on holiday for 2 weeks in August, so won' even be looking at any models in that time.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

TimOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 16, 2003 - 06:43 AM

Germany
voted for October. I'll propably have it done in August, but i don't see the need of hurrying everyone.

Please understand that there are people with a job and a family in here who have to work hard to get 10h of painting time into their schedule and can't just do that in any afternoon.

On the other hand, i hope that we find a deadline that gives anyone enough time to contribute, but is also respected by everyone, so we don't have to wait for the team to get together for another 4 months after the deadline (see TBB Legacy Team 1 ... still not all in McDeths hands).

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 16, 2003 - 08:47 AM
Da Warboss

England
I don't mind when the deadlines are, I just have September as a personal preference. I thought we were trying to get them done and to Andy H in time for the relevant BB mag for the Vampire release anyway? Sorry if I mis-read that somewhere...

I thought an earlier deadline might give people a definite target to paint to. With the original one (at TBB) I was in from the beginning, drifted away from TBB & here when I went on holiday, forgot all about it then when I returned they were almost announcing the winner (and certainly not taking extra entries). With a deadline later rather than sooner, people are more inclined to put it off like I did then end up missing the deadline. At least with an earlier one it motivates people.

Maybe a vote is the wrong way to go about this - should we not work at the pace of our slowest member so no-one gets left behind? Set a date of Nov 31st then if everyone thinks they can do it, fine, if not move it back 10 days until everyone is confident they can do it.

Guess I'm just far too eager.

NAF #60

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 16, 2003 - 09:39 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

I'm going to be slowed down because the figs came in that I planned on converting and there is to much metal to bend to get the effect I want ..... which means a razor saw and green stuff to create a proper elbow. Still should be able to do them without resorting to the Banshee cheerleader. I was going to green stuff accessories anyway. But a November deadline would be a lot easier on me as there is no way I'll even start until mid August.

Galak

SkinkFuryOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 16, 2003 - 10:29 AM

United States of America
I voted for November.

p.s. I got my Thrall last night!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic