NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 17, 2024 - 10:54 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Dark Elf team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ChewblockaOffline
Post subject: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 & 20  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2016 - 06:10 PM

Undisclosed
This is a small tournament meant to begin conversation, practice and organization for a major tournament coming up in the near-ish future. Team build and tournament rules are copied from the Amorical Cup 2017 with a few changes to the main rules [because this is still a tournament that I'm running... not you >:)]. So read closely.

Where:
Boutique FDB
2nd Floor, 114 Boulevard Saint-Raymond
Gatineau, QC
J8Y 1S9

Team Build and special rules:
-The Illegal Procedure rule will be in use should one or both players wish it. The 4-minute timer rule is in place so as to allow the gracious staff hosting the event to go home on time. I hate it when people keep me at work longer than I need to be, so I'm not going to do that to someone else. Get over it.
-Coaches have 1,100,000 GP to create their starting team rosters. Team rosters must consist of at least 11 players. Star Players count toward this total.
-Inducements are not allowed, with the exception of Tier C and tier D teams, which may purchase Bribes, a Halfling Master Chef, and Star Players. All prices are the same as in the Inducements section of the CRP rule set.
-Again, Star Players are counted toward the minimum of 11 players per team. If opposing teams have the same Star Player, both may be used.
-Normal resurrection rules are in effect, meaning that SPPs are not recorded and injuries do not carry over between games.
-Player improvements are not counted towards Team Value, so in effect Team Value is fixed at the starting 1,100,000 GP for all rosters and therefore of no impact.
-The 21 "official teams," as well as Chaos Pact, Slann, and Underworld teams are allowed.

SKILL SELECTION
The number of skills awarded will also be determined by team type.
Tier A - 4 skills (no doubles)
Dark Elf, Chaos Dwarf, Lizardman, Orc, Undead, Wood Elf
Tier B - 4 skills (up to 1 double)
Amazon, Dwarf, High Elf, Necromantic, Norse, Skaven
Tier C - 6 skills (up to 3 doubles)
Chaos, Chaos Pact, Elf, Human, Khemri, Nurgle
Tier D - 8 skills (up to 4 doubles)
Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Slann, Underworld, Vampire
-All skills are assigned before the tournament begins (i.e. no progression) and should be reflected on team rosters.
-Each player may receive no more than 2 added skills. Each of those can be a regular or double skill.
-There is no limit on skill incidence. Dwarves can have 4 Guards and Lizardmen can have 4 Blocks.
-Please note that Tier C and Tier D teams also have access to Bribes, Halfling Master Chef, and Star Players.

Please note that this is not a Team Tournament like the Amorical Cup will be. Coaches will be battling it our on their own this time around.

This tournament is open to all Blood Bowl enthusiasts, not just those looking to attend the Amorical Cup.

The tournament will consist of five games held over 2 days. Three games on day 1 and two games on day 2.

Schedule:

Saturday, 19 November 2016
9:00-9:15 – Registration
9:20-11:30 – Game 1
11:30-12:00 – Lunch
12:00-14:20 – Game 2
14:30-16:50 – Game 3

Sunday, 20 November 2016
10:00-12:20 – Game 4
12:20-13:00 – Lunch
13:00-15:20 – Game 5
15:30 – Awards presented

Trophies and prizes will be awarded for:
-Tournament Champion
-Most TDs
-Most CAS
-Most Sporting
-Basement Dweller

Attendees:
1 Mark H. (odd man out)
2 Joe B.
3 Grant [?]
4 Ryan
5 Manu
6 Chris

Last edited by Chewblocka on Nov 10, 2016 - 07:26 PM; edited 4 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
grant85Offline
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Oct 21, 2016 - 06:00 AM

Canada
very cool idea. i am free that weekend and can make the drive over for sure. at FDB games you think?

NAF NTO, Canada
NAF Membership Coordinator, Canada

GaixoOffline
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Oct 21, 2016 - 09:19 AM
Former President

United States of America
This is a better method of getting some practice games in than the one I've been using. Smile

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2016 - 11:32 AM

Canada
As an interesting bonus. I am working with FLGS and trying to coordinate doing a bulk order for the new release of BB for this tournament if there is enough interest. If you are attending or know someone that is and want one, let m know. Exact price is still to be announced (but I would guess $150-$200CAN). Payment will be due on pick up of the game during the tournament.

**UPDATE**
Early release is possible, but a large number need to be ordered. So I can have them order the box for people, but you will have to pick it up on your own when it is released.

As well, the first expansion, skaven team and skaven dice are also being released at the same time.

List:
1. Mark D'Agostino
2. Mark Hickling
3. Mike Vettorel
4. Francis Paquette
5. Jean Ouellet
6. Kevin Hentschel
7. Francois Tetreault
8. Joe Byers
9. Marc-Andre Rochon

Last edited by Daggers on Nov 09, 2016 - 02:38 PM; edited 4 times in total

grant85Offline
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Oct 31, 2016 - 01:57 PM

Canada
super fun idea!

this weekend might not be as open as i had hoped. will let cha know as soon as i can. fingers crossed

NAF NTO, Canada
NAF Membership Coordinator, Canada

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2016 - 07:58 AM

Canada
i AM COMING, AND WANT NEW GAME.

i just went awol on rules writing Smile

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Nov 08, 2016 - 04:57 AM

Undisclosed
So the schedule is up and just looking to see who is coming. Just want to make sure I have enough coffee and muffins on Saturday morning for those attending. Smile

Also updated the post with the details on the location (rather than just in the tournaments listing).

Rando
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Nov 09, 2016 - 02:58 PM

Canada
Me. Manu as well probably!

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Nov 09, 2016 - 06:04 PM

Undisclosed
Excellent to hear Ryan. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Rando
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Nov 10, 2016 - 03:37 PM

Canada
Does anyone have a pro elf team for me to try? Mine is not built yet. I could blu tac them to their bases but that would be ... tacky.

Hick, you can add buffalo chris

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Nov 10, 2016 - 07:25 PM

Undisclosed
Will add Chris to the list. And I have a High Elf team that could stand in for you Ryan. 1 thrower, 2 blitzers, 3 catchers and 6 linemen. That's it though. Let me know if you are interested in using it.

Rando
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Nov 10, 2016 - 07:47 PM

Canada
Perfect, much obliged Mark!

Rando
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Nov 20, 2016 - 09:21 AM

Canada
Thanks for hosting Mark! Great tournament, really smart idea. I've already made roster changes and I really enjoyed the shop talk all day. Cheers!

Rando
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Jan 09, 2017 - 02:48 PM

Canada
Rankings haven't been updated yet.

GaixoOffline
Post subject: RE: Copy Cat Capital Classic: A New Tournament. Nov 19 &  PostPosted: Jan 10, 2017 - 07:10 AM
Former President

United States of America
I'd like to see the standings. I guess they're on the GLAM page?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic