NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 03:01 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Broken Neck! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gutrot81Offline
Post subject: A few questions  PostPosted: Feb 26, 2017 - 10:59 AM

England
1 side step. Current print says may choose destination when pushed back. It doesn't state as the result of a block. Can I therefore choose if caught in a chain block? I'm guessing I cannot choose if prone though?

2 in ball scatter not in my turn (oppo fumbles etc) can i use catch skill to reroll if I fail but not use a team reroll as it's not my turn?

3 safe throw catch intercept. If safe throw cancelled an intercept made first time by a player with catch. can catch be used the reroll the int attempt? I. Catch used once safe throw used once? As I believe it no as catch is for a failed int but they initially succeeded and safe throw states cancelled not failed.

4. A player fails a catch roll and catch reroll ball scatters back to that player who fails again to catch can they then use diving catch if they had it as a separate action or is this seen as a double reroll. Also can an adjacent player use diving catch? Can that player do it to 'intercept' as it were if they are on the other team. Can a player on the in turn team who has already moved use diving catch as an additional action?

Finally 5. For low av and st teams is wrestle as useful as block? In that it saves ur dude dying and takes their player out for your turn and reduces their movement next turn. Jump up excluded

Reply with quote Back to top
apetheminOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2017 - 03:01 PM

Canada

1. Sidestep can be used even if you are chain pushed. The rule also states that you may use sidestep while being knocked over, it doesn't clearly state you can't use it while already prone but I believe the spirit of the rule implies that you can not.

2. This is correct, Player rerolls (catch, dodge etc...) can be used out of turn.

3. Safe throw states if the agility roll is successful the interception is cancelled out and the passing sequence continues as normal, catch can not be used a second time.

4. Diving catch does not give a reroll and it can not be used on a bouncing ball.

5. If you don't mind getting fouled wrestle can be great. I wouldn't say it is more useful but it definitely has its uses. Block is widely considered the best skill in the game because not only does it protect you from both downs it is a great offensive tool for creating casualties. Wrestle is typically put on a player that is used to get the ball away from the opponent as it is the only skill to counteract block.

Hope this helps

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2017 - 11:19 AM

Germany
      apethemin wrote:
1. Sidestep can be used even if you are chain pushed. The rule also states that you may use sidestep while being knocked over, it doesn't clearly state you can't use it while already prone but I believe the spirit of the rule implies that you can not.

It states at the beginning for all skills, that unless stated in the rules otherwise, that a couple of things are true for all skills, including
"Only extraordinary skills work when a player is prone or stunned."
(page 32 in the new Official Rules)

So it is indirectly written in the rules that you can't use Side Step when prone or stunned.

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

gutrot81Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 13, 2017 - 09:27 AM

England
Cheers both, I did assume i couldn't use it whilst prone however its always good to check.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic