NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 29, 2024 - 03:56 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Illegal Procedure! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
highmeccaOffline
Post subject: Thoughts on the Redraft rules please from seasoned players.  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2017 - 06:51 PM

United States of America
My league (I'm director) is in a bit of a civil war as we move from the winter league to the spring league. Some of the newer coaches want to redraft their teams.

I have at least 6 new players coming in. I did a proxy redraft on my roster. It seems that no new team can stand up to this. It would be brutal. I want everyone to have a fighting chance and to remain viable.

Every time I run a league, I make all the players stay within a few games of one another, and limit total games. I have never been a fan of the play as many as you like while someone else with a busy schedule is stuck with a less experienced team. Then they play, and inducements don't cover the gap. They never have in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Reply with quote Back to top
GaixoOffline
Post subject: RE: Thoughts on the Redraft rules please from seasoned playe  PostPosted: Mar 23, 2017 - 09:09 AM
Former President

United States of America
So it's redraft versus a hard reset every time?

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Thoughts on the Redraft rules please from seasoned playe  PostPosted: Mar 23, 2017 - 09:40 AM

Canada
Interesting, so your league isn't perpetual? Then redrafting will change it quite alot.
I do find "open" leagues are fun and all for playing who you want when you want, but to keep it fair and competitive, I prefer some form of a schedule. But thats another topic.

Redraft is actually quite fun, and adds a very interesting "managerial" aspect that was somewhat missing from BB league play. We implemented it for next season in our league, but had to modify the values so people had more money to work with. But it is quite an interesting aspect that I was trying to figure out for ages beforehand.

GaixoOffline
Post subject: RE: Thoughts on the Redraft rules please from seasoned playe  PostPosted: Mar 23, 2017 - 12:08 PM
Former President

United States of America
How long are your seasons, Mark? We're finding that most teams don't have trouble keeping their full team for a second season, but will probably start to struggle with their third. As we always encouraged people to retire their teams after 3 seasons, this will probably work for us. (We do have a couple of bonuses, 20k for making the playoffs, 10k for each of two exhibition events the team's coach shows up to - that sort of thing.)

highmeccaOffline
Post subject: RE: Thoughts on the Redraft rules please from seasoned playe  PostPosted: Mar 24, 2017 - 06:49 PM

United States of America
The 1st season was 15 games, and we are about to the playoffs. We never let the teams keep returning. Inducements don't help much, especially with no wizard for now. I thought the 3rd season would start to spell trouble for sure. It seems like the players are gonna get so high they cant sustain the price hikes.
It was normally just redraft every time, it allows people to try new teams and not fall to far behind. Plus League 2 (which they don't know) Is using the 5 free fan factor for every team, and only a 10 game season.

orrin83Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 05, 2017 - 09:58 PM

Canada
I'm redrafted last year with Apes but didnot keep the team.
I played 34 games had 260 in the bank, 37 TD and 60 Cas. Plus 60k in fan factor.
TV1870

This season I can already redraft again only 14 games in.
21TDs, 17Cas, 14 games, 170 in the bank, 40k in fan factor.
Total TV 1520. (Playing Amazons)

Redrafting after the second season is hard but should be.
Also unless your a limited game league you should be good to redraft.
Most of the coaches in the league were able to redraft but chose new races.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic