NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 20, 2024 - 04:51 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Lizardman team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
yarrick1imperialOffline
Post subject: Ogres Tactics Part 2 The snots  PostPosted: Apr 17, 2017 - 08:26 AM

Hi guys

Well I have already written one guide on skills to get ogres setup but what about the snots... Well it's the snots turn To see the limelight as no one seems to skill these guys up, and I need to tell you you need them...

First off you need these guys to help the ogres out with fouling being thrown etc however the are also the piece to win u games and I will show u.
Again a lot of coaches will say team bloat but to be honest when playing ogres team bloat is gonna happen anyway so just except it... It's what you can do with this team that will blow coaches minds...

In occ where Da Tiny Titanz play I did all my skilling on the ogres which was great... However this team as great as an ogre team can be was missing something and that was skilled up snots... And yes they get killed but they are also crucial to the team...

There are 2 ways to skill the snots up defensively and attackingly....

First defensively.. Diving tackle is a must, this is to help keep the ball runners in place, if you get two diving tacklers on a ball carrier or 3, it just makes the opposition baller have to take risks, as the ogres will reach the ball carrier if snots are holding there own... Also fouling also works on defense as they send the block tackler your way to take out the snots either gang up on him or knock him over with an ogre,and foul him till he's out then move onto the next one... The TTM into the cage can also create a hole so using them as projectiles helps some times you do get lucky and hit the ball carrier... On the defense side if diving tackle is taken then jump up is a must... As this gives you movement and also sure feet and then sprint...
If a double is rolled and has diving tackle then pass block and then catch if a normal is rolled, catch is a good combo for the intercept snot... Along with diving catch.
Also the sneaky git DP is a must for the tackling block monsters.

So diving tackle jump up sure feet and sprint if they last that long.
And diving tackle pass block diving catch, catch sure feet,sprint
And a sneaky git DP
the other is also diving tackle and wrestle then jump up quite effective as well again if you get that far
It will help you get around the park if they last that long, some do, normally they get badly hurt and will be available next game...

As for offensive this is how I build mine... First off the ag increase is gold if you get an ag4 or 5 put them on offensive only and wrap that guy up in Cotton wool... Offensive snots only until they have to take the pitch..
They will live a lot longer... If no agility is rolled its ok, you need +1 mv snots they are also gold put sure feet and sprint on these then ya golden... I have a +1 mov snot with sprint sure feet catch block level 6 I prob should have gone NOS on the snot or pro as it helps with catching in tackle zones when perfect defense is rolled, or pro for a reroll landing roll... The reason I say that is I combine this with a pass ogre this is really all the offensive u need... If I roll doubles I take the standard leader snot first a sure hands one... And if I get that far a kick off return snot as well and a Hail Mary. The KOR Kinda helps with the throw team mate when a kick is deep, plus if you have +1 mv snot with sure feet and sprint he can travel 9 squares pretty quick for a snot...

I normally build the offensive first as most of the skills are there first hand... That first double on an ogre etc and sure feet to keep the snots alive from killing themselves.

Trust me having attacking snots wins u games against most teams, the only real team I struggle against is nurgle the disturbing presence is a real pain... Also apart from dwarfs and Amazon, which are hard the dwarfs lack the ability to keep up with a throwing game and the amazons eventually drop off when injured... So this is your best option best defense is offensive.

If you ever get injuries on the snots like -MV, niggle or -1AV cut them all they do is hinder ya team unless they have a double depends on the role you have them play, are worth keeping!!! or let natural kills take care of it.

That's all I got so I hope this helps u in your guide to ogre greatness... This is more for the ball attacking ogre team there are other builds you can do but for my playing styles this has worked for me... On a side note I beat elves 3-2 with this build and the best score I have ever done is 4-0 so the results speak for themselves...

Ogre and out

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic