NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 29, 2024 - 12:30 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Where did that Slann guy go? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MadivalOffline
Post subject: Orc league question: should I start with the troll  PostPosted: Apr 30, 2017 - 10:06 AM

I am new to the game with less than 10 games under my belt. I have played most of those games with a troll. He has never done badly, but there have been some games where he hasn't performed. I love the model and he generally is a lot of fun. I am starting a league in a couple of weeks and he will be included at some point. My question is should I start with the troll ? If I start him, I have my a full squad with 2 rerolls and 10k left over for my next lineman. If he is benched, I get an extra reroll and he is replaced by a lineman. Will it be worth it to take the troll starting

Reply with quote Back to top
phydauxOffline
Post subject: RE: Orc league question: should I start with the troll  PostPosted: Mar 07, 2020 - 06:38 AM

United States of America
First I will say that if you don't have four Blitzers & 4 Black Ork Blockers then absolutely don't get a Troll yet.

Then I will say it depends on your opponents. Orks, Vampires, and Lizardmen all bring a lot of ST4 to the pitch. This tends to shut down the domination of your Black Orks. If that is the case, and you will be facing a lot of ST4, then yes, you will need the additional smack power of a Troll.

If you will be facing mostly ST3, Humans, Elves, Skaven, and Dwarves, then you don't need a Troll.

Melifaxis
Post subject: RE: Orc league question: should I start with the troll  PostPosted: Mar 09, 2020 - 09:18 AM

United States of America
Do what's fun. If you like the spectacle of a big guy, then go for it.

Just know he'll be stupid at times that you really need him not to be, but guard on a STR 5 guy can help quite a bit early in a league. You also get the fun of flinging a gobbo around. If the league is fairly cutthroat with a lot of experienced players, you may find the troll to be a disadvantage as opposed to developing your blitzers and black orcs with those SPP's.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic