NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 01:47 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Make blocks, not dodges. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion26Offline
Post subject: Crossroads Bowl Upstate New York September 2017  PostPosted: Jul 11, 2017 - 12:09 PM

United States of America
First year event. Please come out and help grow Blood Bowl in New York State.

Location Horseheads NY

We will be running this at the longstanding Crossroads Grand Tournament which hosts Age of Sigmar, 40K, Kings of War tournaments as well as our two blood bowl events.

Saturday traditional tournament planned for 3 rounds (4 rounds if we get more then 12 attendees) $20

Sunday will be a brief Dungeon Bowl mini tournament $10

Event rules and further information can be found on the Crossroads web page.
http://www.crossroads-gt.com/bloodbowl.html

As this is a first year event I would appreciate any help you can give in passing the word about this event in your local communities. Crossroads is always a great time. I can't wait to add Blood Bowl to the mix!

Questions or comments please PM me here or email me at daboyzrocgt at gmail dot com

Last edited by Garion26 on Jul 17, 2017 - 12:32 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: Crossroads Bowl Upstate New York September 2017  PostPosted: Jul 11, 2017 - 02:09 PM

Canada
What town?

genghisOffline
Post subject: RE: Crossroads Bowl Upstate New York September 2017  PostPosted: Jul 11, 2017 - 07:46 PM

Canada
Horseheads, NY

PLUS: 3x Stunty, 1x Most TD, 2x Best D, 2x Most CAS, 2x 2nd, 3x 3rd, 2x Spoon.

StimmeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 12, 2017 - 01:31 PM

Germany
It's only a 3h drive from Niagara Falls. You should come to Boathouse Bowl the weekend before and advertise your tournament!

grant85Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 13, 2017 - 05:54 PM

Canada
how many games saturday? 3, 4, 9?

NAF NTO, Canada
NAF Membership Coordinator, Canada

genghisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 14, 2017 - 08:32 AM

Canada
      grant85 wrote:
how many games saturday? 3, 4, 9?

Three.

Did any of you actually click on the link he provided? Very Happy

Garion26Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 17, 2017 - 12:37 PM

United States of America
Thanks for the questions everyone and Genghis answering questions for me! For convenience I've updated the first post and also copied the rules pack below.

@Stimme I'd love to. Will talk to the boss about whether I can get away for gaming two weekends in a row with my own Da Boyz Grand Tournament being run in November a few months later. Depends on how my wife is feeling.

----------------------------
RULES BELOW EDITED 7/20/17 to reflect feedback in this thread

Crossroad Grand Tournament Blood Bowl Events

We will have two events this year at Crossroads. A standard tournament on Saturday ($20) and a special Dungeon Bowl competition or open play if that’s what you prefer on Sunday ($10).
Standard Tournament: Saturday September 30th 2017 at the Crossroads GT http://www.crossroads-gt.com/
Separate Dungeon Bowl Competition: Sunday October 1st 2017 at the Crossroads GT
Location: Holiday Inn Express Horseheads 2666 Corning Road Horseheads NY 14845
Events Organizer Gary No – Daboyzrocgt at gmail.com please title any questions with ‘Crossroads bloodbowl’ as this email address gets a lot of traffic for more then one tournament.

Saturday Tournament Rules
Rules:
We will allow all 21 GW Teams and the NAF* Slann. The GW teams are found in Deathzone Season 1 and in the teams of legend PDF on the GW Blood Bowl website:
https://19070-presscdn-0-68-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/BB-Teams-of-Legend-v4.pdf
The NAF Slann team can be found at
http://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/NAFRulesFeb17.pdf

This will be an NAF sanctioned event we will submit results to the NAF and to the BEAST tournament series.

1.1 Million gold to build your team.

Skills Access:
Max of 2 of the same skill upgrade (skills bought as part of the base player cost do not count.) Number of skills you have to distribute is as below based on team tiering. No stat upgrades allowed.
TIER 1: Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Lizardman, Norse, Orc, Skaven, Necromantic Horror, Wood Elf
TIER 2: Chaos, Chaos Pact, Elf, High Elf, Human, Khemri, Nurgle, Slann , Shambling Undead
TIER 3: Halfling, Goblin, Ogre, Underworld, Vampire
Skills are awarded to each team as follows:
Tier 1: 4 Regular skills, maximum of one extra skill per player
Tier 2: 5 Regular skills, maximum of one extra skill per player
Tier 3: 5 Regular skills and one double skill, maximum of one extra skill per player

We will use NAF Tournament rules (and any rules updates by them up until 1 week from the tournament):
http://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/NAFRulesFeb17.pdf
See their summary as well of Deathzone Season 2 rules
https://www.thenaf.net/2017/05/naf-and-death-zone-2/

Key changes from the current Blood Bowl 2016 standards
Piling on is allowed and does not require a team reroll.
We will not use the Special Play Cards. We will not use Wizards (not GW legal currently)
We will not use special pitch, balls, or referee rules.
There are some additional star players you can purchase beyond those in Deathzone Season 1 and 2 see the above NAF rules.

If an additional GW release comes out between the time of creating these rules and the actual event the TO will review the release for appropriateness.

You can expect core rules (not optional ones) Deathzone season 3 if released to likely be legal and White Dwarf rules to not be legal.
Key changes from CRP rules
Please see the NAF summary
We will not allow Wizards. Deathzone season 1 and season 2 add a number of Star Players to CRP. Human catchers have had a price change in BB2016 compared to CRP.
We will not use the additional inducements in Deathzone Season 2.

Scoring
While Wins and Losses will determine the majority of scoring there will be points awarded for casualties caused and touchdowns scored.
Saturday Tournament Schedule
Check in 9:00 am

Game 1 : 9:30am – 11:45pm
Break : 11:45 am – 12:45pm
Game 2 : 12:45pm – 3:00pm
Game 3 : 3:15 pm – 5:30pm
Awards 6 pm

We will have 3 games and up to 20 players (this is change from he original version of these rules)

Models
We expect models to be numbered, painted and flocked. Exceptions can be made in extenuating circumstances contact the TO for questions. Conversions are encouraged but should be strive to be clear to your opponent. We will have available “loom bracelet” bands that players can use to show skills on their team.

What you need to bring:
Your models, 4 copies of your team roster. We encourage folks to type these out or use a free online list designer such as http://www.littlearmybuilder.com/bb/en
If you can bring a pitch and balls let the TO know. We will endeavor to keep you on your own pitch.

*The NAF
The NAF is an international organization of Blood Bowl players. They were involved in writing the various living rule book versions of the rules between official GW editions. For more information on the NAF see http://www.thenaf.net/ We anticipate we will be able to make this event a NAF official event. You do not need to be a NAF member to play in this event.

Sunday Dungeon Bowl
Sunday will be a more relaxed Dungeon Bowl event and open play session. Dungeon bowl is Blood Bowl played in a dungeon and was a rules variant created by Jervis Johnson back in the early years of Blood Bowl. It’s fun low stress and unpredictable. The Tournament will provide Dungeon Tiles and chest markers. You will provide a SIX player team. No star players allowed and normal team construction limits do apply. You can spend as much gold as you like on those SIX players. (NOTE we may adjust these rules depending on further research into Dungeon Bowl Variants)

Dungeon Bowl rules can be found here http://www.bbgridiron.com/playbooks/Dungeonbowl_Original.pdf
Games will be 90 minutes starting at 9am. We will have 3 rounds and anticipate ending around 3 pm. There will also be the option for free play Blood Bowl.

Last edited by Garion26 on Jul 20, 2017 - 11:54 AM; edited 1 time in total

grant85Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2017 - 07:32 AM

Canada
Once we hit the initial cap of 12 players we will give registered players the chance to vote on whether to add a 4th round on Saturday to allow us to expand to 18 players. We would likely move game 1 kick off to 9am to allow this to happen.

Wait, what, why?
You can still keep it a three game tourney no matter how many coaches you have.....or is table space the issue somehow?

NAF NTO, Canada

Garion26Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2017 - 03:48 PM

United States of America
Thanks for the great question.

Primarily - I would rather run a longer event at the same price point to give players more bang for their buck. Until we see what sign ups look like I am not sure that is viable for us this year. If I end up with a smaller number of players (say 6) it's going to be harder to match 4 rounds based on Swiss without repairing the same players or giving a 3 win player a game against a 1-2 win player.
I have no idea for a first time Blood Bowl event in upstate NY what the turnout will be. Thus the variable size. I am hoping for 18 but setting the base plan for a shorter event. I certainly hope to get a group of you guys from Ontario!

While tie breakers obviously help differentiate scores the number of rounds you need to separate on WLD alone goes up as the player pool goes up. 1 round for 2 players, 2 rounds for four, 3 for 8 players 4 for 16. I don't need to differentiate based on WLD alone but it's nice to have enough rounds to provide that measure room to separate.

Despite that math being said I realize 12 (or 11) is an intermediary cut point (as is 18 ) but with WLD and tie breakers I thought we wouldn't get into too much trouble being a few over the math.

It's player vote because I am not sure if the crowd will be a bunch of folks who are happy to play longer and spend the night or folks who are driving to and from same day and will want to go home. I want it to be what the players want it to be.

While I have happily run Da Boyz GT for other miniature systems (www.thedaboyzGT.com) for several years and am quite comfortable running a large event Blood Bowl is new to our area. I hope this event at Crossroads helps it take off as I am planning on running it at Da Boyz as well later this fall.

I love the game even if I am only coming back to it with BB2016 after decades away!

genghisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2017 - 08:56 PM

Canada
Grant will travel anywhere to play. Very Happy

Locally, Stimme has run a three round tourney with 24 players before (Orion '15). Sunday at the Canadian Open this year (run by natsirtm) was a three rounder that hit 30. There are enough tiebreakers you can use that rankings won't be an issue.

I'd say nail your schedule down first before people start committing. Personally, I might be able to make the trip down, but I would need to know if I'm heading back home Saturday night or not before I'd be able to confirm.

genghisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2017 - 09:00 PM

Canada
Also, if you're NAF approved for the tourney, talk to Stimme about getting added to the Great Lakes Amorical Tournament Series (www.glamts.com). You might be able to attract some additional people from MI/OH/ON/QC/etc that want to improve their ranking.

GaixoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2017 - 09:56 PM
Former President

United States of America
That's not how open series work, for better or worse. New York is BEAST territory. That might not be all bad, though; the Wilkes-Barre and NYC guys are traveling a lot this year.

grant85Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 19, 2017 - 09:28 AM

Canada
      Gaixo wrote:
That's not how open series work, for better or worse. New York is BEAST territory. That might not be all bad, though; the Wilkes-Barre and NYC guys are traveling a lot this year.

boo

NAF NTO, Canada

Garion26Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 19, 2017 - 07:08 PM

United States of America
Thanks guys for the feedback.
Sorry to summarize what I am hearing.
3 games is fine for a one day event (dungeon Bowl next day)
Best to pick a duration now as some might not be able to make a four game day if we extend later.
There is an NYC Canada and PA crowd that might very well travel.
Open Series is a bridge for another year.

I had emailed the NAF tournament director (Gaixo now I realize I am not sure if was same at the time of the email) in the spring about this event to set us up for NAF approval. @Gaixo I had sent you a PM a week or so ago please take a look.

Question - bottom line would you all suggest committing to three games now? Sounds like that's the suggestion.

grant85Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 20, 2017 - 06:35 AM

Canada
      gjnoronh wrote:

Question - bottom line would you all suggest committing to three games now? Sounds like that's the suggestion.

since this will be your first time, i would say yes

NAF NTO, Canada

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic