NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 06:12 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Rock n Roll rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
drozarOffline
Post subject: Redrafting orcs  PostPosted: Dec 01, 2017 - 05:29 AM

United States of America
Ok so this is my rookie season and first league ever. Decided on orcs as I played them in 40k and just enjoy them over all. My main goals this season are learn the game and have fun. Next season however I would love the orcs to be a power house.
So my question is thus... what should I do now to have the most potent chance of a powerhouse team next season as redraft. How do I and is it possible to have a "building" season in preparation for next.

Reply with quote Back to top
Half_BakedOffline
Post subject: RE: Redrafting orcs  PostPosted: Jan 25, 2018 - 12:53 PM

United States of America
It really depends on the redraft rules that your league implements as they can vary. But in general, I'd recommend giving mighty blow to your black orc blockers as soon as possible. Doing so will allow you to start stacking SPP quicker and you'll be able to remove enemy models off the pitch more reliably.

MepmuffOffline
Post subject: RE: Redrafting orcs  PostPosted: Jan 26, 2018 - 02:55 AM

Undisclosed
In my league most coaches can keep their team after season 1. Depending on your results you might end up a bit over or under but you can mitigate that by keeping an eye on your treasury towards the end of the season.

So, start building your powerhouse and don't buy stuff close to the end of the season as that increases your Team Value and decreases your rebuild funds.

StimmeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Redrafting orcs  PostPosted: Jan 26, 2018 - 07:48 AM

Germany
      Half_Baked wrote:
It really depends on the redraft rules that your league implements as they can vary. But in general, I'd recommend giving mighty blow to your black orc blockers as soon as possible. Doing so will allow you to start stacking SPP quicker and you'll be able to remove enemy models off the pitch more reliably.

That used to be an okay suggestion, but if the league plays with the new rule to assign three players for the MVP roll, the Black Orcs should get SPPs quick enough and can be given Block first.

Garion26Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2018 - 02:26 PM

United States of America
I've had the same thought. The online guides haven't been updated to reflect that models that relied on casualties to level up now really can be targeted with the BB2016 MVP rule.
Big guys, low agility/move blocker types. Easier to get them leveled up.

Still see some value in Mighty blow when you are in the middle point of the range had a chaos warrior who went from 5 to 12-14 SPP after a game and I picked up mighty blow to help him cross the bridge to next level.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic