NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 20, 2024 - 01:05 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Turn 8. Remember to score. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DaggersOffline
Post subject: CCKO 2018 - January 20-21, 2018 - Multizone (Gatineau)  PostPosted: Sep 29, 2017 - 10:15 AM

Canada
Kick-off the new year in the nations capital with the return of the CCKO!!! Lots of fun will be had, as well as the return of the much loved/hated SKILLS DRAFT!!! Who will get to pick first?!?

DATE:
January 20-21, 2018

140 Greber Blvd.
Gatineau

COST:
$10, additional $5 for non-NAF members going towards NAF membership sign-up.
Pre-register

TOURNAMENT:
6-games of Blood Bowl being played over two days (4 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday). Swiss-style match-ups after game 1. With the famed SKILLS DRAFT after game 3. Tournament points are W/T/L - 3/1/0

SCHEDULE:
DAY 1
0900 Registration
0915 First Round Match-ups
0930 Game #1
1145 Break
1215 Game #2
1430 Lunch (included)
1530 Game #3
1745 THE SKILLS DRAFT (see post below) and Dinner
1845 Game #4
2100 Done for the day

DAY 2
1000 Game #5
1215 Lunch
1300 Game #6
1515 Break
1530 Awards
1630 HOMEWARD BOUND

TEAM BUILD:
1.1mil team build to start. Each coach must purchase a minimum of 11 players. You may also purchase re-rolls, fan factor, assistant coaches, cheerleaders and apothecaries. No skills or stat increases of any kind may be purchased.

INDUCEMENTS
No inducements may be purchased unless you are the coach of a “Stunty” team. Stunty teams include; Halfling, Goblin, Ogre and Underworld (without Skaven), and Lizardmen (without Saurus) teams. Stunty teams may purchase 0-1 Star Players, but must purchase 11 players before they can purchase any Star Player. Goblin teams may purchase bribes and Halfling teams may purchase a Halfling Master Chef, all as per standard CRP/LRB6.0 rules.

TEAM IMPROVEMENTS
Each team may choose between one of two skills packages after team creation. You may choose either:
• 5 regular skills
or:
• 2 regular skills + 2 doubles skills

As well, to promote race diversity, certain races are given additional skills. The following races get additional skills as listed:

• Chaos, Chaos Pact, High Elves, Elves, Humans, Khemri, Nurgle, Slann, Khorne: 1 additional regular skill
• Halflings, Goblins, Ogres, Vampires, Underworld: 1 additional regular skill + 1 additional doubles skill

There is a 0-2 cap on any skill during team creation, meaning no skill may be taken more than twice during the team creation stage. As well, no player may receive more than one skill upgrade during team creation.

Last edited by Daggers on Jan 12, 2018 - 10:11 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: CCKO 2018 - January 20-21, 2018 - Multizone (Gatineau)  PostPosted: Sep 29, 2017 - 10:20 AM

Canada
Skills Draft

After the third game, there will be a skills draft where coaches may select new skills/improvements. A coach may only select improvements which are accessible to their race through standard skill selection (ie normal, doubles or stat increase rolls on the improvement table). No player may gain more than two skills/improvements during the tournament.

Each coach will be given 45 seconds to pick a skill/improvement. If the coach does not pick within that time, they lose their spot and the next coach picks. The coach will get to pick a skill at the end of the round rather than at their selection time. Each coach may pick one skill/improvement per round. There will be four rounds in the draft; therefore each coach will select four skills/improvements.

The draft order will be seeded by tournament position at the end of play after the third game. Only tournament points from gaming will be used to determine ranking. The team with the lowest ranking will pick first and the other coaches will follow in reverse ranking order, i.e. first place will chose last, and last place will chose first in each and every round. The draft order will be the same for each round.

For each 12 players, or part thereof, there will be one full set of skills and improvements available for the draft. Because of the limited number of skills available during the draft, the lower ranked coaches will have a better chance to select the more sought after skills, (i.e. stat increases, block, dodge, guard), while the higher ranked coaches will be forced to choose less common skills. The result of this will hopefully give the lower ranked coaches a chance to make their way back up the ranks, and also result in less common skills combinations being selected.

Last edited by Daggers on Sep 29, 2017 - 10:20 AM; edited 1 time in total

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: CCKO 2018 - January 20-21, 2018 - Multizone (Gatineau)  PostPosted: Sep 29, 2017 - 10:20 AM

Canada
TIMERS
Each round, coaches have 2hrs 15 minutes to play their games. 3.5 minute timers are encouraged to be used for this tournament, to keep gameplay moving, this can be agreed upon by both coaches.
At the one hour mark of each round, the TO will announce the half way point of the round. If any matches have not complete their first half, a timer will be enforced. Each coach will be given a timer and have 30 minutes to play the remaining portion of their game. If either coaches timer runs out, that coaches only actions from that point on can be to roll over and stand up their players if they choose. Once all turns have been played or both coaches timers run out, the match is over.

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: CCKO 2018 - January 20-21, 2018 - Multizone (Gatineau)  PostPosted: Sep 29, 2017 - 10:21 AM

Canada
Attendance:
1. Daggers (odd-man out)
2. Grant85
3. Blank_page
4. WhiskyJack
5. Jrock56
6. Chewblocka
7. Rando
8. Notorious_jtb (I know right, he is alive)

Last edited by Daggers on Jan 12, 2018 - 10:21 AM; edited 1 time in total

grant85Offline
Post subject: RE: CCKO 2018 - January 20-21, 2018 - Multizone (Gatineau)  PostPosted: Sep 30, 2017 - 10:10 AM

Canada
IN!

NAF NTO, Canada
NAF Membership Coordinator, Canada

Blank_PageOffline
Post subject: RE: CCKO 2018 - January 20-21, 2018 - Multizone (Gatineau)  PostPosted: Dec 03, 2017 - 06:19 PM

Canada
Any recommendation about accommodations nearby, and or rules for drinking beers?

grant85Offline
Post subject: RE: CCKO 2018 - January 20-21, 2018 - Multizone (Gatineau)  PostPosted: Dec 03, 2017 - 07:00 PM

Canada
Calgary?!?! you in town?

no beers in the shop

ottawa crew will have to recommend a crash spot.
I will be coming with a car load and will be looking for a spot too

NAF NTO, Canada

Blank_PageOffline
Post subject: RE: CCKO 2018 - January 20-21, 2018 - Multizone (Gatineau)  PostPosted: Dec 03, 2017 - 08:06 PM

Canada
I will be coming from Montreal. I do not know how to change my location.

Get in the Urn!

EDIT:

I'm looking at Motel Ritz. Cuz across the street, and fairly cheap.

grant85Offline
Post subject: RE: CCKO 2018 - January 20-21, 2018 - Multizone (Gatineau)  PostPosted: Dec 18, 2017 - 07:57 AM

Canada
Where are people staying for the weekend?!?!

Car pool action from down south coaches?

who is thinking of making the trip?

NAF NTO, Canada

Blank_PageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 18, 2017 - 06:29 PM

Canada
I booked Motel Ritz for the Saturday. I'll be driving in from Montreal Saturday morning.

I guess we pay at the door? Says I can save $5 for my NAF renew if I pay live. Does this mean I get my dice on the spot, or is that promo a thing of the past?

whiskyjackOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 05, 2018 - 04:40 AM

I'm in. Coming from Renfrew if anyone needs a lift from the Ottawa Valley.

Guess I should move faster on my painting!

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 05, 2018 - 11:00 PM

Canada
What about the inclusion of Khorne and Brettonians as an option as the new year in NAF has them included for tournaments? Not that I am going to play them if I am able to make it but thought it worth mentioning.

I know if Glenn makes it out he will most likely want to play Khorne in several tourneys this year. Hoping to get the time off work for the Saturday and I would be good to go.

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 06, 2018 - 10:44 AM

Undisclosed
From what I can tell, both Brets and Khorne have been included in the new tournament software and are officially allowed at NAF sanctioned tournaments. So shouldn't be a problem. Would love to have my Brets done to frustrate Glenn with as much Fend as possible. Twisted Evil

grant85Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 06, 2018 - 01:45 PM

Canada
      Blank_Page wrote:

I guess we pay at the door? Says I can save $5 for my NAF renew if I pay live. Does this mean I get my dice on the spot, or is that promo a thing of the past?

yes. pay the day of.

I will bring NAF membership gifts and can do renewals.

NAF NTO, Canada

grant85Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 06, 2018 - 01:47 PM

Canada
      jrock56 wrote:
What about the inclusion of Khorne and Brettonians as an option

Dags says they are welcome at the CCKO. I'm playing Brets for CCKO this year.

My understanding is they are live and good to go at all NAF events but that T.O.'s can make the call to include or not.

NAF NTO, Canada

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic