NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 03:13 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Rat knows Borak. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dark_DukeOffline
Post subject: OBBLM - Conferences  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2018 - 05:12 AM

Spain
I'm trying to use Conferences in our league. We have a dedicated OBBLM website: http://www.tbbl.obblm.com.

So far I haven't even been able to make the "Conferences Administrator" menu appear as one of the options of the "Admin menu". Apart from setting the Conference module as "true" at line 28 of the file "public_html/settings_modules.php" and run all Database maintenance and synchronisation (which is what I've done so far), what else needs to be done?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply with quote Back to top
Dark_DukeOffline
Post subject: RE: OBBLM - Conferences  PostPosted: Nov 20, 2018 - 11:48 PM

Spain
Nobody?

soldierantOffline
Post subject: RE: OBBLM - Conferences  PostPosted: Dec 23, 2018 - 11:41 AM

United States of America
i can't help with the conference setup, but I will say that I find it MUCH easier to just split up conferences by using tournaments instead of actual conferences.

We use "divisions" as seasons, and "Tournaments" as conferences. it works very smoothly

Dark_DukeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: OBBLM - Conferences  PostPosted: Jan 02, 2019 - 03:42 AM

Spain
      soldierant wrote:
i can't help with the conference setup, but I will say that I find it MUCH easier to just split up conferences by using tournaments instead of actual conferences.

We use "divisions" as seasons, and "Tournaments" as conferences. it works very smoothly

First of all, thanks for the advice. Our problem is that the regular season consists on playing two games versus all the teams in your conference and one game versus all the teams in the other conference. In the situation you describe, is it possible to schedule matches between conferences? I thought it is not possible but if it is, it would be a great solution to our problem. Would you mind checking and letting me know?

soldierantOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: OBBLM - Conferences  PostPosted: Jan 02, 2019 - 05:52 PM

United States of America
just make another tournament called cross conference play.

You can make the conferences 2x each team by selecting seed:2

and then you can just throw everyone into a cross conference tournament and seed everyone, then go back and just delete the ones you dont need.

Dark_DukeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: OBBLM - Conferences  PostPosted: Jan 09, 2019 - 08:34 AM

Spain
      soldierant wrote:
just make another tournament called cross conference play.
You can make the conferences 2x each team by selecting seed:2
and then you can just throw everyone into a cross conference tournament and seed everyone, then go back and just delete the ones you dont need.

If I understand your proposal correctly, I would still not be able to show two standings tables (with the proper information) as I want to do, one per conference that adds up all the games played by each team in that conference, both the conference and the non-conference matchups.

At this point, I would be willing to pay a programmer to fix this add-in to be able to operate the league with conferences. If anybody has a contact that has the knowledge and time, please let me know.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic