NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 01:11 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Tournament Director in ratings fix scandal! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
daddyvader501Offline
Post subject: League Scheduling Rules  PostPosted: Mar 06, 2019 - 07:02 PM

United States of America
We are still working out the kinks in our new league and I was wondering if some of you could share your rules on scheduling?

In our league it is not defined and the rule is if both sides attempt to schedule a date and can not be set, both players receive a draw and get d6 winnings and 1 Random MVP.

The problem is the wording attempt and its definition. It is being interpreted as, as long as two coaches are in discussion (Post) on the site, then that is considered an attempt.

The issue arrises when 1 coach gives multiple times they are available, and the other coach gives no times they are available, but because they post things like "I may have time this week to play" but never post anything after that, or"I am out of town this week, I will get back to you next week" and then never post anything else. There has also been times where " I have X-Day available", Response "So do I, Lets plan on that day", "Sounds good, what time and where?" No response after that. All of these have been ruled draws by the current commissioner.

I would like to get multiple examples to present to our league on what other leagues are doing about scheduling and how to handle games when 2 coaches can not fit their game in.

Thanks Ereyone!

Reply with quote Back to top
TojurubOffline
Post subject: RE: League Scheduling Rules  PostPosted: Mar 07, 2019 - 07:06 AM

Germany
Our league as a fixed time schedule: 3 weeks per game and for our rookie league it is the actual calendar month. All coaches must try to set up their schedules match within that timeframe. If for any reason the game is not played until then, both coaches mus prove to the commissioner what they have done to make the game happening. Then the commissioner decides on who's "fault" it was and give the points to the other coach. If it is not clear, nobody is awarded points. Worked so far, everyone has accepted the rulings so far (in the 7th year now)

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

Melifaxis
Post subject: RE: League Scheduling Rules  PostPosted: Mar 08, 2019 - 08:12 AM

United States of America
We run monthly, so if you can't make league night then you have basically a month to schedule with your opponent. Only one game has ever been missed, so by our league rules a 1-1 tie with random determination of TD, MVP, and winnings by the commish was assigned to keep us on schedule. Both coaches had made the attempt to schedule but nothing lined up due to birth of a new baby, business travel, etc.

Had they not tried to make things work, or had one side tried to but the other had not, then our rule would be a 2-1 win in favor of the one who put in the effort to meet, or a 0-0 tie had neither team put in the effort. Same random determination of SPP's/winnings. The issue is what if a trend of missed games continues and how to address that. Luckily, we've never had to face it, but there's language written in our rules that such an issue will be handled at the commissioner's discretion which can include replacing a team with repeated missed games.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

daddyvader501Offline
Post subject: RE: League Scheduling Rules  PostPosted: Mar 08, 2019 - 10:38 AM

United States of America
We had ten games to play, and each game was supposed to have 2 weeks to schedule. it has taken 6 months and we are now getting to Playoffs. One of the teams in the playoffs has 4 games that were awarded a draw for schedule conflicts. But that person is just posting "When are you available" and nothing after that, and that is being considered an attempt to schedule.

Melifaxis
Post subject: RE: League Scheduling Rules  PostPosted: Mar 08, 2019 - 11:19 AM

United States of America
Not sure I would count that as effort. I'd recommend changing your written rule so that a player must provide at least two potential times in the two weeks to play the match outside of normal working hours or something along those lines. 4/10 missed is bad. Also, and you've probably already done this, talk to the coach and see what's up.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

daddyvader501Offline
Post subject: RE: League Scheduling Rules  PostPosted: Mar 09, 2019 - 09:18 PM

United States of America
Other GW games and tournaments

Darkson
Post subject: RE: League Scheduling Rules  PostPosted: Apr 15, 2019 - 11:44 AM

Undisclosed
To be honest, this is the sort of thing you need to be discussing as a league/with the commissioner, as scheduling isn't a "one-size fits all". I wouldn't accept the examples you posted as "attempts", but if that is what your league (or commish) feels is acceptable, then so be it.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic