NAF Logo
leftstar May 04, 2024 - 02:28 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bloodweiser. The best an Orc can git. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SBGOffline
Post subject: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII ***POSTPONED***  PostPosted: Feb 09, 2020 - 10:23 AM

Canada
*** Sadly, because of current events, we will postpone the Coupe des Quatre Nations until 2021.

We coud have gone putting on the tourney à la Chaos Cup, with masks and distanciation, but it would have meant admitting a limited amount of people and playing the mask-and-sanitizer police all weekend, which wouldn't have been fun.

We will be back next year, with the same attitude, fun and glittery prizes!

Fred
--------------

It's the seventh edition of the Four Nations Cup! To be held at Pub Randolph, 408 Rue Notre-Dame, Repentigny, QC J6A 2T1, on September 12 & 13.

Popol le Bleu, the official wizard of the Ligue des Quatre Nations, never, and he means NEVER, gets tired of messing up your games, so he decided to put on another one! Hence, Four Nations Cup VII, where he plans to again wreck havoc on the pitch!

Here are the rules for this NAF sanctionned tourney:

- Five games of Blood Bowl, Swiss style, on two days (3 on Saturday; 2 on Sunday) and fun to remember all your life!
- Official NAF tourney rules (https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/NAF-Rules-for-Tournaments-2020.pdf);
- Painted teams only (though no points for painting them... but who wants to play grey elves anyway?)

30$ NAF members / 25$ early registration (see forum post)

Food and beverage on site. **NO OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGE** This is a pub venue.

TEAM CREATION:

- 110 Starting TV, minimum of 11 players, Star players, & Apo allowed;
- Then, you get five (5) skills:

TIER 1 (Amazons, Bretonians, Chaos Dwarves, Dwarves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Norse, Undead, Wood Elves): Regular skills only;

TIER 2 (Chaos Renegades, Elf Union, High Elves, Humans, Necromantic, Orcs, Skaven): one double allowed;

TIER 3 (Chaos, Khemri, Khorne, Nurgles, Slann, Underworld): two doubles allowed;

TIER 4 (Halflings, Goblins, Ogres, Stunry Lizardmen*, Stunty Underworld**): Six skills, up to three doubles.

*Skinks and Krox only;
** Underworld Goblins and Warpstone Troll Only.

- No ability (MA, ST, AG, AV) upgrade allowed at team creation;
- No more than 2 extra skills per player at team creation, no more than 3 per players during tourney;
- No more than twice the same added skill on your whole roster;
- This a resurrection tourney;
- Positively no overtime;
- No need to use a RR for Piling On;
- Legacy Star Players not allowed. Please use the list provided at the end of this document: http://bit.ly/2SK14JL. Golden Era Star Players ARE NOT ALLOWED.

FOUR NATIONS CUP SPECIAL RULES:

- Popol le Bleu, estranged wizard of the Four Nations League, is mad and wants to disturb the league's tourney, so he'll be available to each team for a single use throughout the tourney (meaning: everybody gets one use of a CRP wizard whenever he wants during the tourney);
- After each game, each coach selects a player on his team, then rolls for a new skill, as if that player had reached the next SPP level.

SCHEDULE:
Check-in at 9 on Saturday
3 Games starting at 10;
Sunday: 2 games, starting at 10:30.

AWARDS:
- 1ST , 2ND , 3RD
- Stunty Cup if 3+ stunty teams!
- Most TD’s
- Best Defense
- Most CAS
- Best painted team
- Best sportmanship
- Best Female Coach!

EXTRA RULES

- 4 minute turns
- Swiss style pairing throughout the weekend
- Game play points: Win 3, Tie 1, Loss 0
- Tie breaker:

Direct game vs;
Strength of schedule;
TD differential;
CAS differential;
Most TD;
Most CAS.

How much will it cost?
It will cost you 30 $ for the tourney, but...

EARLY ENTRY RAFFLE!!!!!

If you register and pay by August 29, 11:59 PM, you'll pay only 25$ and get a chance to win a spanking new team, to be determined later;
If you submit your team usingANY electronic team tracker (no handwritten rosters built up at 9:55 on Saturday, Manu) by Sept. 4th, 11:59pm, you get a second ticket for the raffle AND can win a a second prize to be determined later.

PayPal account or email transfer at freddaigle75@gmail.com.

WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Your painted team;
- Pitch, dice, pencil, clean clothes!
- Glue and paints to repair some nicks and chips;
- BE THERE AT 9 AM SATURDAY MORNING!!!

If you have any question: freddaigle75@gmail.com.

Pub Randolph serves food and their kitchen will be open both days. I'm also told they sell something called beer. I might try that...

We'll accept late entrants, but if you know for sure you're coming, register beforehand please! We were 22 last year, we're aiming at 24+ this year!!

Fred

1- Buffalo_Chris (Chris) - ODD MAN OUT
2- SBG (Fred)
3- Taxal (Dan Chaput)
4- Asteflix (Félix Deschamps)
5- Wexy (Guillaume Rousseau)
6- Isabelle Cousineau
7- Dany Dean
8- Francis Boudreau
9- Pascal Roulet
10- Anthony Pelletier
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-
22-
23-
24-

Feb. 14th EDIT: Link to correct version of NAF tourney rules + link to official list of Star Players.

Last edited by SBG on Jul 16, 2020 - 09:05 AM; edited 4 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII/Four Nations Cup VII  PostPosted: Feb 10, 2020 - 05:57 AM

Canada
Stickied

Stunty underworld, ouch.

SBGOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII/Four Nations Cup VII  PostPosted: Feb 10, 2020 - 11:02 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Stickied

Stunty underworld, ouch.

We didn't have any last year, but a few goblins and halflings, as well as one Stunty Lizardmen !

Fred

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII/Four Nations Cup VII  PostPosted: Feb 11, 2020 - 07:45 AM

Canada
      SBG wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Stickied

Stunty underworld, ouch.

We didn't have any last year, but a few goblins and halflings, as well as one Stunty Lizardmen !

Fred

Yeah, all those guys are ok, stunty lizardmen are almost not stunty Wink

But stunty underworld, I am not even sure how to start to win Smile

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII/Four Nations Cup VI  PostPosted: Feb 11, 2020 - 08:18 AM

Canada
      Quote:

But stunty underworld, I am not even sure how to start to win

Well thats a challenge right there Joe….Not this year but I am thinking it will be soon for myself

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII/Four Nations Cup VI  PostPosted: Feb 11, 2020 - 08:21 AM

Canada
Fred do we need 11 players before getting a Star Player or do they count towards the 11

SBGOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII/Four Nations Cu  PostPosted: Feb 13, 2020 - 01:28 PM

Canada
      Taxal wrote:
Fred do we need 11 players before getting a Star Player or do they count towards the 11

No. I always liked Star Players and always made them available in your "starting 11" for this tourney.

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII/Four Nation  PostPosted: Feb 25, 2020 - 11:38 AM

Canada
Updated with all the registered players so far.

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII/Four Nation  PostPosted: Feb 25, 2020 - 11:41 AM

Canada
A word of wisdom:

Warzone Montreal, a gaming convention, also puts on a BB tourney the same week-end.

We are not associated with them;
Coupe des Quatre Nations is the only NAF-approuved and GLAM Series tourney for that weekend.

People do as they wish. I just wanted to make everything clear.

They asked me, Dan and Simon Maltais to organise their tourney. Even with my arguments (free venues, all money given back in prizes, etc), they decided to go on against our well-established and well-run tourney. Good luck to them. I'm confident we've established something fun!

***Edited to remove erroneous GW mention***

Last edited by SBG on Mar 11, 2020 - 11:28 AM; edited 1 time in total

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII/Four Na  PostPosted: Feb 26, 2020 - 06:55 AM

Canada
      SBG wrote:
A word of wisdom:

Warzone Montreal, a gaming convention, also puts on a BB tourney the same week-end.

This is a GW event (no slann, no third party mini);
Coupe des Quatre Nations is the only NAF-approuved and GLAM Series tourney for that weekend.

They asked me, Dan and Simon Maltais to organise their tourney. Even with my arguments (free venues, all money given baclk in prizes, etc), they decided to go on against our well-established and well-run tourney. Good luck to them. I'm confident we've established something fun!

Shocked

didn't think they would do this.

It is a shame.

SBGOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII/Four Na  PostPosted: Feb 26, 2020 - 11:20 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
      SBG wrote:
A word of wisdom:

This is a GW event (no slann, no third party mini);

They asked me, Dan and Simon Maltais to organise their tourney. Even with my arguments (free venues, all money given baclk in prizes, etc), they decided to go on against our well-established and well-run tourney. Good luck to them. I'm confident we've established something fun!

Shocked

didn't think they would do this.

It is a shame.

They are being pretty aggressive too: advertising on the Facebook BB Community page and all.

We'll do our own selling.

I have to rework the FB event page so it can be public. Will do that as sson as I can. This might mean double invites for some folks. Sorry in advance.

grant85Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII/Fou  PostPosted: Feb 27, 2020 - 06:56 AM

Canada
I have not seen them post anything on the BBc fb yet but will keep an eye. Very unfortunate that they decided to work against you. Hopefully it wont negatively impact your numbers too much.

NAF NTO, Canada
NAF Membership Coordinator, Canada

runki_khrumOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII/Fou  PostPosted: Feb 27, 2020 - 02:39 PM

Canada
Too early for me to commit, but Le Coupe is my first choice.

Rats gone wild! (.)(.)

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII/Fou  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2020 - 06:43 AM

Canada
***IMPORTANT UPDATE CONCERNING WARZONE'S TOURNEY***

Contrary to what was discussed previously, the organizer decided NOT to be an official GW tourney, so Slanns and 3rd party minis are allowed.

I thought it was important to make the correction here, since one NAF member accused me of smearing this event by saying such.

Carry on!

grant85Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Coupe des Quatre Nations VII  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2020 - 11:22 AM

Canada
      SBG wrote:
***IMPORTANT UPDATE CONCERNING WARZONE'S TOURNEY***

Contrary to what was discussed previously, the organizer decided NOT to be an official GW tourney...

I thought it was important to make the correction here...
Carry on!

BUT Coupe des Quatre Nations VII is the only NAF sanctioned tourney on the weekend, right?

NAF NTO, Canada
NAF Membership Coordinator, Canada

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic