NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 05:11 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Pass action..pick up Nobbla... rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
do you think the skill block is too dominant of a choice when acquiring new skills
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

mylowOffline
Post subject: critique skill change ideas  PostPosted: Jan 30, 2021 - 03:02 PM

Canada
a place to talk about current skills in the game of BB2020 and what could still improve the game from fun times to having a blast.

Reply with quote Back to top
mylowOffline
Post subject: RE: critique skill change ideas  PostPosted: Jan 30, 2021 - 03:13 PM

Canada
so the announcement come out during may, some of the changes maybe that i would like to see would be defender. when measuring to potency of a skill, a good metric i find very useful is if the skill in question is of single acting or double acting. what i mean by this is dodge is a double acting skill as it works in 2 situations, on block dice and when leaving tackle zones. sprint is a single acting skill as it only does 1 thing and that is increase your rush limit by 1. then there are counter skills, dodge and tackle being the most obvious. defender is so bad in my opinion because it doesn't even fully counter the guard skill. defender is a single acting skill vs guard, a double acting skill. as a fix i would suggest making defender counter mighty blow.

Last edited by mylow on Jan 30, 2021 - 04:00 PM; edited 1 time in total

mylowOffline
Post subject: RE: critique skill change ideas  PostPosted: Jan 30, 2021 - 03:19 PM

Canada
a problem i noticed in the entire skill selection is that there is no skill for re-rolling a landing from a throw team-mate action. another change i would like to see would be to sure feet. i generally think sprint at the moment is better than sure feet and i was think a good way to really help the halfling team become more competent of a team would be make sure feet a double acting skill with rerolls on landings and give sure feet to all halflings as a common skill.

TojurubOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: critique skill change ideas  PostPosted: Feb 05, 2021 - 02:51 AM

Germany
      mylow wrote:
a problem i noticed in the entire skill selection is that there is no skill for re-rolling a landing from a throw team-mate action. another change i would like to see would be to sure feet. i generally think sprint at the moment is better than sure feet and i was think a good way to really help the halfling team become more competent of a team would be make sure feet a double acting skill with rerolls on landings and give sure feet to all halflings as a common skill.

That is something I have proposed 15 years ago already Laughing

...but even the house rule committee in our league is opposing this.

but with the more-than-1-RR-per-turn that is not really relevant much more

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic