NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 25, 2024 - 11:23 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Broken Jaw! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabid_BogscumOffline
Post subject: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Sep 08, 2021 - 06:31 PM

Australia
This Post is for potential organizers to raise any questions they may have leading up to submitting a bid for the NAF World Cup V.

I have included the the Bid Process document below:

Dear Members,

It is time to start the process for selecting the site of the next NAF World Cup, to be held in 2023.

This document is to instruct organizers in creating a bid and to explain to the community what the process will be. This document contains the following:

Submission
When
Timelines
Voters
Proposal
a. Technical
b. Economic
Selection Process.

Submission
a. Countries or communities submitting a bid should send them directly to the NAF President via PM or email (president@thenaf.net). Submissions should be in Word or PDF and must be in English.
When
a. The World Cup should be planned for September 2023, or as near to this as can be reasonably scheduled for each community.
b. Each bid will need to include a contingency plan, with dates, to accommodate a setback due to the pandemic (or other emergent situation), possibly for Spring 2024.
Timeline
a. 9 September 2021: bid process announced. A Q&A thread will be created to give potential organizers a chance to ask questions. Questions sent directly to members of the selection or NAF committees will not be answered, as all information needs to be available to all bidders.
b. 6 February 2022: bids due; selection committee begins discussion within a private forum.
c. 6 March 2022: voting starts
d. 13 March 2022: voting ends; winning bid announced.
e. 14 March–15 June 2022: NAF and World Cup Organization prepares business plan and timelines for subscription to the World Cup.
Voters
a. The voters consist of 65 representatives of the worldwide NAF community, representing the nations with the most NAF members as well as 5 emerging hubs. These voters were selected by the National Tournament Organizers of their respective nations.
Proposal
a. The proposal must be divided into two separate documents:
i. Technical proposal
ii. Economic planb. The Technical proposal must include the following sections.
i. The city
1. Detailed description of the hosting city. Any special arrangements you have made with city leaders. Items of interest in and around the city, including ease of access for foreign attendees. Include entertainment options for families during tournament hours, as well as options for evening/outside of game times.
ii. The venue
1. Description of the venue and why it will be a suitable place for the World Cup.
2. Maximum number of players the venue is able to accommodate. There is no mandatory minimum capacity, but for context previous World Cups had attendance of 273 (England, 2007), 480 (Netherlands, 2011), 992 (Italy, 2015), 1432 (Austria, 2019).
3. Layout plan showing table layout, catering space, and booth/vendor space.
4. Include any spaces available to the tournament players and NAF/WC committee members (restrooms, meeting spaces, etc.).
iii. Dates
1. The specific dates you are proposing for the event.
iv. Schedule
1. Proposed schedule for all rounds and other events (check-in, meals, etc.) per day.
v. Transportation
1. Detailed options for getting to the city and the venue. Include detailed plans for people inside and outside of your country. Plane schedules/airports, trains, buses, etc.
vi. Accommodation
1. Detailed options for accommodation (hotels, rentals, Airbnb) at various cost points.
vii. Meals
1. Lunch: in the venue. Include menu options, with beverages. Bidders are encouraged to have several options to accommodate dietary restrictions.
2. Dinner: possible restaurants, with costs and hours available.
viii. Staff
1. Organization (with Blood Bowl curriculum) and volunteers
2. Overview of member responsibilities
3. Past performance: other tournaments run by this team; other events similar in size and scope.
ix. Referees
1. Number proposed (at least 1 for every 120 players) and benefits for their participation at the tournament.
x. Web/APP
1. Detailed description of the system that will be used to manage the tournament. Does it exist already? If not, schedule for development. Costs for development/running it during the event. If it already exists, where was it used before? How many games has it run before at one tournament? Risks and mitigations to these risks.
xi. Reserves
1. Players and squads to cover unexpected events, how to avoid too many defections and handle refunds.
xii. Attendance
1. How many players are likely to attend your event, with reasoning.
xiii. Gadgets
1. Proposal
xiv. Awards
1. Proposal for prizes for at least the following:
a. Winning team
b. Runner up
c. Third place
d. Best individual player.
xv. Miscellany
1. Marketing
2. Special guests
3. Entertainment
4. Other
xvi. Languages
1. Plan to make materials available in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish languages.
xvii. Plan B
1. Plan for delays due to the pandemic. Contingency plans, including agreements with venues, hotels, etc.
c. The Economic plan must include the following.
i. All-inclusive cost for participants, broken down by item
ii. Business plan, including;

Venue costs (with possible services, i.e., booths)
Lunch costs
Gadget costs
Awards costs
Referee costs
Administration costs (professionals, bank)
Possible transfers from the city to the venue and vice versa
Legal form of the organization committee
Possible profits for exhibitors
Possible profits for sponsors
Possible profits for bar
Budget contingencies
In the event of a budget shortfall, financial assistance from the NAF will NOT be available. Bids are strongly recommended to build contingency through additional ticket cost so bidding teams are not faced with personal liability. If this means there are cash reserves at the event, the NAF is sure that bidding team will come up fun ways to redistribute this.
Plan for budget oversight and responsible committee member with assistant/backup identified.6. Selection Process
a. Voters will be given detailed instructions regarding the selection process. Bids must be complete and include all items listed above. Any bid that does not include all items above will be considered non-compliant and will not be considered. The voters will be instructed to consider cost, ease of access for participants/travelers, risk, and the overall completeness of the plans.

NAF commitments

Number of matches: 9 (3 on Friday, 3 on Saturday, 3 on Sunday)
Create (or approve) the Tournament Rules
Confirm/Modify gadget proposal
The proposal cost for participants will be checked with NAF (Tournament Director or his delegate), in order to verify that Business Plan consider everything and possible unexpected events. Moreover, NAF can include some cost (i.e., the NAF inscription or renewal), or other possible costs due to work to check the economics.
Any significant changes to the business plan outlined in a winning bid MUST be approved by the NAF Committee; otherwise the organizers run the risk of losing sanctioning and support.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This document can be updated in the following months should new information emerge.

T/O Eucalyptus Bowl
Sydney, NSW - 13th-14th July
Australasia's Major

Reply with quote Back to top
mohgreenOffline
Post subject: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2021 - 04:11 PM

United States of America
So, this is more a general question than a specific "How Many Bids Yet?!?!?!"

But I have seen on FB there's at least a Group for a bid from Lyon France. Is anyone else thinking of hosting?

TojurubOffline
Post subject: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Sep 10, 2021 - 01:56 AM

Germany
not a question, but an offer: After WC4 I wrote a Lessons Learned document. I have given it already to two possible bidders, but if any other group thinking about submitting a bid, please PM me if you want it as well

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

obsidianOffline
Post subject: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Sep 13, 2021 - 01:25 PM

France
Hello,

first question.

"a. The World Cup should be planned for September 2023, or as near to this as can be reasonably scheduled for each community."

According to the fact that, for previous world cup the allowed period of time was "in September – November", is there a reason I ignore to limit it to september ?

On our side, we have discussed with multiple partners and found a date that we are ready to defend, but I would like to know if there is a reason I am missing.

Thanks a lot,
Thomas / Obsidian

grant85Offline
Post subject: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Sep 15, 2021 - 09:05 AM

Canada
Agreed Obsidian. September being the start of the school year for many students and families seems a bit strange to me as well.

NAF NTO, Canada
NAF Membership Coordinator, Canada

andrea_parrellaOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Sep 26, 2021 - 01:50 PM

Undisclosed
      Tojurub wrote:
not a question, but an offer: After WC4 I wrote a Lessons Learned document. I have given it already to two possible bidders, but if any other group thinking about submitting a bid, please PM me if you want it as well

Good idea, can you send me?
It can be used as a good document for FAQ.

Thanks!

andrea_parrellaOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Sep 26, 2021 - 01:54 PM

Undisclosed
      obsidian wrote:
Hello,

first question.

"a. The World Cup should be planned for September 2023, or as near to this as can be reasonably scheduled for each community."

According to the fact that, for previous world cup the allowed period of time was "in September – November", is there a reason I ignore to limit it to september ?

On our side, we have discussed with multiple partners and found a date that we are ready to defend, but I would like to know if there is a reason I am missing.

Thanks a lot,
Thomas / Obsidian

Not mandatory (or as near to this as can be reasonably scheduled for each community).

But I think that we don't know as tha pandemic work in next two years.
The experience of this pandemic said us that can be a better month.

Best regards,
Andrea

obsidianOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Sep 27, 2021 - 02:54 AM

France
Thnaks for the answer ! Smile

TojurubOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Sep 28, 2021 - 07:14 AM

Germany
      andrea_parrella wrote:
      Tojurub wrote:

Good idea, can you send me?
It can be used as a good document for FAQ.

Thanks!

Sent to Rabid_Bogscum and you

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

mohgreenOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Oct 18, 2021 - 09:34 AM

United States of America
Any more groups announce a bid aside from Lyon?

GaixoOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Dec 24, 2021 - 08:14 AM
Former President

United States of America
      mohgreen wrote:
Any more groups announce a bid aside from Lyon?
Public campaigns were completely unheard of prior to Lyon's. So no, they haven't.

obsidianOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Jan 07, 2022 - 02:55 AM

France
      Gaixo wrote:
Public campaigns were completely unheard of prior to Lyon's. So no, they haven't.

IMO, all these things should be public...
I really don't understand why there is such a mystery around this issue (apart from the fact that this is the historical way to do it).

No one is asking for details, but knowing which countries/groups are trying might be interesting for the coaches to project themselves a bit.

But I guess everyone knew my position on this ! Laughing

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Jan 07, 2022 - 07:00 AM

Canada
      Quote:

but knowing which countries/groups are trying might be interesting for the coaches to project themselves a bit.

I can say no one in Canada is putting in a bid....honestly it would be a waste of time. I personally never see the World Cup outside of Europe.

MagikmoonOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Feb 04, 2022 - 08:42 AM

France
      Taxal wrote:

I can say no one in Canada is putting in a bid....honestly it would be a waste of time. I personally never see the World Cup outside of Europe.

I personnaly hope play a World cup once in north-America, or Australia.
But after Lyon Cool

LemfOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: World Cup V - Q & A  PostPosted: Feb 06, 2022 - 05:47 PM

Undisclosed
Smile good luck to all bidders. I hope they all get equal consideration Smile

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic