NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 06:27 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Off for a bite. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BabsOffline
Post subject: Big, Hairy Audacious Goal: Whole Queensland League of League  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2021 - 01:39 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
@purplegoo and others,

I'm settling into Gladstone, Queensland (this is my third year here) and I'm planning a bit of a roadmap. It's been a few years since I've run tournaments.

We currently have 16 regular coaches in our Gladstone/Rockhampton combined league (and about another 8 hangers on, with about 6 looking to join next season). I had to coax the Blood Bowl league back to life. I arrived to watch the league out of the amazing gaming club here back to life, and my first attempt to do so failed.

We are planning for 5 Blood Bowl related 'events':
1. Season II and III of the Rockhampton / Gladstone league (which in the lore, we call the Rocky-Stone Ravine league - two mining settlements who play Blood Bowl off shift).

2. A very low key Sevens tournament, primarily for locals, called the Stone-town Sandlot in January 2022. (Sandlot eg is an anagram of Gladstone).

3. A well advertised and sponsored one-day Sevens tournament on the Anzac Day Long weekend - called the Gladstone Gauntlet.

4. A two day weekend tournament, tentatively called the Great Barrier Biff, with a nautical theme.

5. in 2023 - running an inter-league competition over the year, called the Queensland Cup - we might even ask if we can call it the Queensland Cane-Toad cup - if I can get permission from the previous organisers of the Cane Toad Cup (as I have done with the Gauntlet name).

This post is really about the inter-league competition and whether there would be any chance of getting the NAF to endorse it.

Basically, the idea would be for each league in Queensland that wants to be a part of it would track their league and teams on an agreed league platform. At the end of their 2023 season, we would arrange a special 'playoffs' between leagues. Not sure of rules yet, but would require strict 'redrafting' rules for the playoffs to level the playing field.

I'm interested in early thoughts - but I believe this is groundbreaking.

Washed up old has been.
Ex-official GW Blood Bowl Rules Committee member
Ex-NAF Tournament Organiser, Australasia
Co-Author of the Feudball first novel.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic