NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 06:38 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Spike Magazine Approved! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BabsOffline
Post subject: Big, Hairy Audacious Goal: Whole Queensland League of League  PostPosted: Oct 02, 2021 - 01:39 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
@purplegoo and others,

I'm settling into Gladstone, Queensland (this is my third year here) and I'm planning a bit of a roadmap. It's been a few years since I've run tournaments.

We currently have 16 regular coaches in our Gladstone/Rockhampton combined league (and about another 8 hangers on, with about 6 looking to join next season). I had to coax the Blood Bowl league back to life. I arrived to watch the league out of the amazing gaming club here back to life, and my first attempt to do so failed.

We are planning for 5 Blood Bowl related 'events':
1. Season II and III of the Rockhampton / Gladstone league (which in the lore, we call the Rocky-Stone Ravine league - two mining settlements who play Blood Bowl off shift).

2. A very low key Sevens tournament, primarily for locals, called the Stone-town Sandlot in January 2022. (Sandlot eg is an anagram of Gladstone).

3. A well advertised and sponsored one-day Sevens tournament on the Anzac Day Long weekend - called the Gladstone Gauntlet.

4. A two day weekend tournament, tentatively called the Great Barrier Biff, with a nautical theme.

5. in 2023 - running an inter-league competition over the year, called the Queensland Cup - we might even ask if we can call it the Queensland Cane-Toad cup - if I can get permission from the previous organisers of the Cane Toad Cup (as I have done with the Gauntlet name).

This post is really about the inter-league competition and whether there would be any chance of getting the NAF to endorse it.

Basically, the idea would be for each league in Queensland that wants to be a part of it would track their league and teams on an agreed league platform. At the end of their 2023 season, we would arrange a special 'playoffs' between leagues. Not sure of rules yet, but would require strict 'redrafting' rules for the playoffs to level the playing field.

I'm interested in early thoughts - but I believe this is groundbreaking.

Washed up old has been.
Ex-official GW Blood Bowl Rules Committee member
Ex-NAF Tournament Organiser, Australasia
Co-Author of the Feudball first novel.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic